Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 04:45 AM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times

Advertisements

I wonder if anyone interested in photography wants to take shots of Lunar eclipse next Tuesday at 2 AM.
The closest (at least as far as I know) least light polluted spot is about 1:20 min south of San Antonio - maybe less, depends where you live.
Anyone interested, please DM me for details.
I am going anyway, but would appreciate company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 08:23 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,390,593 times
Default Elnina,

I am interested in both. Photography and Astronomy. I have a Meade Telescope and a Minolta
with an adaptor for taking pictures through it but I don't think I would go for a Lunar eclipse, but thankyou. I was so disappointed with the results of my last Lunar Photographs I haven't even tried it since.
I would be more interested in seeing the Marfa Lights, really. Scientific explanations abound for these lights near the West Texas town of Marfa but these theories do not truly explain away this phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I wonder if anyone interested in photography wants to take shots of Lunar eclipse next Tuesday at 2 AM.
The closest (at least as far as I know) least light polluted spot is about 1:20 min south of San Antonio - maybe less, depends where you live.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:38 AM

Ah... you can't improve without trying it over and over again. It will be my first lunar too. Maybe a disaster maybe good one. I would not know if I don't give it a try

Marfa lights are interesting too. Is on my bucket list... 6 hrs drive, though.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:53 PM

Default Too Young, Elnina,

Marfa lights or not- You aren't even old enough to have a bucket list yet. I don't even have one yet.

Quote:
Ah... you can't improve without trying it over and over again. It will be my first lunar too. Maybe a disaster maybe good one. I would not know if I don't give it a try

Marfa lights are interesting too. Is on my bucket list... 6 hrs drive, though.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:11 PM

^^^ There are more goals, things to do, and places to see that I could ever do before I kick the bucket

Old 04-11-2014, 04:52 AM

847 posts, read 2,231,985 times
Quote:

Blood Moon sounds very interesting. dramatic.

I would go for it, but, way past my bedtime.

looking forward to seeing your pix though.

I've gotten lucky shooting the moon a few times. there is a pun in there.

dec 26 2011. Venus, and a Crescent Moon, with a plane passing by in the same lens.

the full moon is visible due to Earthshine aka the Da Vinci glow.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:03 AM

Default Nice Moon Phtograph, Yet again,

Great post, very interesting. Earthshine and a jet trail and Venus.
Nice effect, photographer.
Now this morning Some Religious Nutjob (leader) is once again predicting , I noted on the news today, that this Blue Moon event is portentious of a coming great calamity of Biblical proportions. Again. Cooincides with the recent release of the not so good Noah movie with Russel Crowe.
There have been so many " end of the the earth" religious scenarios predicted lately, I am surprised to be here at all. Astronomy and science be damned, the earth is still flat.
I wonder how such notions as this one are derived at ?
Very soon so glum have I become now, I will have a near death experience I think. I may had better go along with Elnina to experience this before it is too late.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:52 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
I don't live in Texas.. but I can drive out of Phoenix and call you..

Hi Miss Elnina, although I wouldn't consider myself an avid photographer, from what I've read, the light intensity of the moon on that particular night will be sufficient to get spectacular shots without having to drive too far away from city lights.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:46 PM

65 posts, read 180,879 times
What camera do you use?
I have a Nikon d3100 and always fail @ taking moon shots. :/

Old 04-12-2014, 01:05 AM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,011 times
I was driving down to Rockport and while I was on IH 37 about 115 miles from SA, I had a plane keeping me entertained making chemtrails/contrails...so I snapped a pic of when the plane first started making them and it was directly at the sun. When I got home and uploaded it on my pc, I got more than I expected! I was told this was the moon which couldn't be seen looking right at the Sun but a camera can...then I was told about the "Blood Moon", cant wait to see this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio