Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,003,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
hmm, either you two are as strange as me, or I was wrong in thinking I was the only one that super hated hair in any food.. and yes jules, you hit the nail on the head with that one. Dreading the thought of ever finding a hair in a Hershey bar... that would be awful

It is so nasty gross hair. BUT it so hard to notice i mean everyone has hair somewhere. Man if hairnets ever really worked.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:30 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,797 times
Default Potranco Busy?

I'm not from the SA area but we are probably going to be moving down in December or so. Anyway, I had a friend tell me that she "hates the Potranco Rd area". Why do you think she said this? Is it super busy? Dangerous? Etc? We are looking at Trophy Ridge right now and I am just trying to see what is wrong with this area. I've been reading this board and it seems like it's going to be booming in a few years. Any thoughts on the neighborhood or area? Thanks!

Old 10-16-2007, 07:52 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,670,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
I'm not from the SA area but we are probably going to be moving down in December or so. Anyway, I had a friend tell me that she "hates the Potranco Rd area". Why do you think she said this? Is it super busy? Dangerous? Etc? We are looking at Trophy Ridge right now and I am just trying to see what is wrong with this area. I've been reading this board and it seems like it's going to be booming in a few years. Any thoughts on the neighborhood or area? Thanks!
I have lived near Potranco for more than 17 years. In that time it has gone from a 2 lane road to a 5 lane road all the way to Loop 1604. This was nice as there were few businesses and a lot less houses (than today) outside Loop 410 all the way west to Loop 1604. Needless to say, traffic was light. Now, fast forward to today. You still have 5 lanes, but thousands of additional homes, zero strip malls to eight now, including HEB Plus. This has added many more vehicles to the road. But wait, there is more. On the other side of Loop 1604, Potranco is still a 2 lane road all the way to 471. Add a Walmart Super Center, two more strip malls (with more to come), and several new subdivisions (two that will eventually become mega-sized with 14,000 homes total). This all adds to the congestion of the Potranco Loop 1604 area. That is my long answer as to why your friend "hates" this area.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:10 PM

925 posts, read 1,228,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
She's probably talking about traffic.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:36 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
Traffic on Potranco sucks to put it nicely, but it's still nowhere near as bad as other areas like 1604 from Culebra-Bandera, 281/1604 (left turn hell), 410 south at around 5:00 PM, 410 north at 7:30 AM, 35 pretty much any day, especially the days where there's a major accident that shuts the whole thing down.. etc..

and hair nets aren't worn there, but might be a good idea.. especially for whoever works in the back with the dough. that's where the hair was.. ended up throwing away almost half the Chicago stuffed pizza because I just couldn't eat it.. that sucked

Old 10-17-2007, 07:28 AM

41 posts, read 53,107 times
mojokitty,
I love Trophy Ridge and have often wished we would have bought there instead of Westcreek. You will have city police, fire dept., and street lights. Plus, a brand new school, park, and access to HEB Plus without having to get out on Potranco.
Your friend is probably talking mostly about the traffic, but Potranco outside of 1604 could use some cleaning up. It amazes me how people drive along past all the rundown places to get to their $300,000 homes in Bella Vista. Let's hope that all gets cleaned up as the growth continues.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:44 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
Default for mojokitty re: Trophy Ridge

Yep, I agree with passitup! Trophy Ridge is great! We almost bought the Meriweather that is at the corner of Rousseau and Axis Crossing this spring, but I was needing to leave my job and so we were going back to only one steady income (I was going commission-only). We were heartbroken and still drive thru there sometimes to torture ourselves! I just think it's a great community, Medallion is a good builder (imho), being *inside* 1604 and able to basically walk to HEB+ and all the shops in there, all in all it's very convenient. And if you have elementary school age kids, that brand new school right in the neighborhood would sure be a plus!

I'd ask your friend to be more specific with what she hates about the area. But Trophy Ridge itself is a winner to me! (Next time you're there, tell Dana that we said "hi" and that I'm really trying to get a chance to stop by and see her. )

Old 10-17-2007, 09:21 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,335,117 times
There is a noticeably red house off the main road going into Trophy Ridge on the left hand side that has been for sale for quite a while. If you like red, this house is for you. Detached garage. Probably been reduced several times due to the color.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:25 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
don't forget that "enjoying" city services also means you "get" to pay city taxes..

Old 10-17-2007, 09:38 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
There is a noticeably red house off the main road going into Trophy Ridge on the left hand side that has been for sale for quite a while. If you like red, this house is for you. Detached garage. Probably been reduced several times due to the color.
Dang, that one is red, isn't it! We considered the house across the street from it, but I couldn't imagine having that be what I'd look out my windows at. Can't imagine why they did that color. Guess somebody picked it and then backed out??? It really does stand out in that neighborhood, don't know why that color was even offered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio