Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 06:16 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you......
It sounds like you were right and I was expecting a quick response.

As of now there is no response.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:17 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
I think you've been black listed.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:17 PM

43 posts, read 55,930 times
Sorry for my delay. Hopefully you can relate to computer problems....and then I had to catch up on my reading. I am posting a section tom the Texas Local Government Code - Section 42.021. Extent Of Extraterritorial Jurisdiction § 42.021. EXTENT OF EXTRATERRITORIAL JURISDICTION. The extraterritorial jurisdiction of a municipality is the unincorporated area that is contiguous to the corporate boundaries of the municipality and that is located: (1) within one-half mile of those boundaries, in the case of a municipality with fewer than 5,000 inhabitants; (2) within one mile of those boundaries, in the case of a municipality with 5,000 to 24,999 inhabitants; (3) within two miles of those boundaries, in the case of a municipality with 25,000 to 49,999 inhabitants; (4) within 3-1/2 miles of those boundaries, in the case of a municipality with 50,000 to 99,999 inhabitants; or (5) within five miles of those boundaries, in the case of a municipality with 100,000 or more inhabitants. Westcreek is an incorporated non-profit and from what I am told is subject to various codes and statutes, the same as a municipality and since Westcreek lies within the extra territorial jurisdiction of San Antonio, the Texas Open Meetings Act should apply.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I think you've been black listed.
I think you may be right. There is still no response as of today.

I will continue to send and send until I get a response. It's the least they could do. We are current on our dues and my Wife paid $30.00 today to rent a space for the Bazaar. I still can't understand why they charge so darn much. As Mr. Hoskins said at one of the past meetings either Monthly or Town Hall the HOA is not going to do anything unless it generates money.

In my opinion you charge the Resident's much less and allow outside folks to come in and charge them the higher fees.

Oh well who am I to suggest. It's obvious they don't listen to me.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:42 PM

Well in a few days some of us will be putting up our outside Christmas Decorations. We have always put lights on the house and one year several Yard Ornamants. Since the Ornaments were stolen I am uncertain about buying new ones although my Wife wants a Nativity Scene this year. Has anyone else had any bad luck with theft?

I do have an electic fence (wire) around the back yard to prevent our small dog from digging out when she's bored. I guesss I can route it about the Ornaments. If you were to see someone with a wet spot on their pants and frizzy hair you would know they were in our yard.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:49 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,741,285 times
I'm presuming you're being sarcastic. but, better be careful with that Wellguy...I know it's frustating. but kill a kitty or a small dog, then what.
Also, I think those types of fences are illegal in San Antonio or San Antonio ETJ...not sure about that tho...

Old 11-26-2009, 05:51 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
Westcreek isn't in San Antonio
and I think the idea is a good one, besides, what kind of dog or cat is going to be hanging around Christmas decorations? It is more of an insurance policy against the offspring of irresponsible POSs.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
I'm presuming you're being sarcastic. but, better be careful with that Wellguy...I know it's frustating. but kill a kitty or a small dog, then what.
Also, I think those types of fences are illegal in San Antonio or San Antonio ETJ...not sure about that tho...

I purchased this one at McCoys here in town. I assume it is legal. Home Depot and Lowe's once carried them but they caught a lot of heat from Animal Right's Organizations. The one I have is the smallest voltage out there. Its made for those that garden to keep rabbits, etc out. I was the first one to get shocked just to make certain it would not hurt our dog since she is so small. It felt like you stuck you finger in a light socket which I did when I was a kid. She's been nipped a couple of times and thats all it took. It was down for a while since I snapped the wire with a weed eater. It is usually unplugged although the wire remains up since she thinks it active.

You are right I was being sarcastic. Just my luck if I did do it and some punk got a small jolt we would be sued or be asked to buy new pants and underwear. I don't want to hurt any cats or dogs.

As you know its very upsetting that there are those that have no respect for our (all of us) property and when they see something for the taking they will.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinRogue View Post
Sorry for my delay. Hopefully you can relate to computer problems....and then I had to catch up on my reading. I am posting a section tom the Texas Local Government Code - Section 42.021. Extent Of Extraterritorial Jurisdiction § 42.021. EXTENT OF EXTRATERRITORIAL JURISDICTION. The extraterritorial jurisdiction of a municipality is the unincorporated area that is contiguous to the corporate boundaries of the municipality and that is located: (1) within one-half mile of those boundaries, in the case of a municipality with fewer than 5,000 inhabitants; (2) within one mile of those boundaries, in the case of a municipality with 5,000 to 24,999 inhabitants; (3) within two miles of those boundaries, in the case of a municipality with 25,000 to 49,999 inhabitants; (4) within 3-1/2 miles of those boundaries, in the case of a municipality with 50,000 to 99,999 inhabitants; or (5) within five miles of those boundaries, in the case of a municipality with 100,000 or more inhabitants. Westcreek is an incorporated non-profit and from what I am told is subject to various codes and statutes, the same as a municipality and since Westcreek lies within the extra territorial jurisdiction of San Antonio, the Texas Open Meetings Act should apply.

Good Morning,

Have you sent any of the GREAT information you know and have found to the BOD? Maybe that would knock them off their thrones.

Even if it was sent via email you would know they read it although like me you may not get a response. Just keep on sending it again every couple of days until you do get an answer, well maybe not.

At least they will know we won't sit back and let them make up their own rules as they play their own game.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:44 AM

happy thanksgiving everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio