Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2009, 08:27 AM

43 posts, read 55,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
This is not new. The HOA provides paid party monitors when someone rents out the community center. This person opens/closes the building and is the HOA representative to ensure the party does not get out of control, ensures proper amenities are provided, liaison with the hired police if required (based on size of party)... The party monitor is not (or at least has not been) a paid position other than when a party is going on. Usually, office staff or monitors share in the duties of party monitors.

Pavilion attendant...not sure about that one.
Are party monitors paid employees or paid "per job" through a self-generating revenue through rental fees?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Look, I like many homeowners want real change in Westcreek but we must not get caught up in a mob mentality. If you have evidence of someone stealing from the members, then you have an obligation to report it to the proper authorities. If you have evidence and don't report it, then that shows me a lot about your character.

What is happening now is the begining of the "Perfect Storm". Over the next few months we will have the opportunity to vote for the candidates of our choice. I know HC and LC and believe me that if they decide to run, they will run a strong campaign. Don't be fools, they have their supporters too. If they get re-elected the two newest members will be powerless and we will have more of the same. Let's be smart and not make any stupid mistakes as we ride out this storm.

Hopefully, we can get at least 4 good candidates that the community as a whole can support. This will certainly be an interesting race.
To have evidence of stealing, you have to have to have a board and staff that practices transparency. It doesn't appear we have anything close to that occurring. With the size of the Association and the size of the annual budget, it may be possible to get the attention of the authorities and, in the very least, the media. We can sit at our computers all day and complain and posts rants all day in this forum or we can take action. If you are wanting to join me in taking action, email me privately on this forum and let me know. I am willing to give my time and energy to the cause, but I am not all talk and no action and I want people who are willing to go out on a limb to take the action needed to get the Association back in line to what it was created to do. Look forward to hearing from any of you.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I wasn't either, but apparently there were enough folks out there who did. They may make the same mistake again. Any "candidates for change" need to be out there knocking on doors wayyy before elections and not just submitting their polished resumes for insertion in the newsletter. This has potential to happen all over again...I've seen it before. I'm still of the opinion that not enough people care.
I'm going to write in "Mr. Big Balls" for my vote.
I give up way too much of my time as it is (and I'm out of state/country often) ...or I would run.
If you are referencing me, sounds like I will have at least 1 vote Should I start campaigning now?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:52 AM

56 posts, read 75,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinRogue View Post
To have evidence of stealing, you have to have to have a board and staff that practices transparency. It doesn't appear we have anything close to that occurring. With the size of the Association and the size of the annual budget, it may be possible to get the attention of the authorities and, in the very least, the media. We can sit at our computers all day and complain and posts rants all day in this forum or we can take action. If you are wanting to join me in taking action, email me privately on this forum and let me know. I am willing to give my time and energy to the cause, but I am not all talk and no action and I want people who are willing to go out on a limb to take the action needed to get the Association back in line to what it was created to do. Look forward to hearing from any of you.
Just because a board does not practice transparency is not in itself an indication that they are stealing. You need hard evidence. It appears to be an allegation at this point and nothing more. What specific evidence do you have?

Last edited by THE COMMON MAN; 11-28-2009 at 09:19 AM..

Old 11-28-2009, 11:47 AM

66 posts, read 84,074 times
Default Pavillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
This is not new. The HOA provides paid party monitors when someone rents out the community center. This person opens/closes the building and is the HOA representative to ensure the party does not get out of control, ensures proper amenities are provided, liaison with the hired police if required (based on size of party)... The party monitor is not (or at least has not been) a paid position other than when a party is going on. Usually, office staff or monitors share in the duties of party monitors.

Pavilion attendant...not sure about that one.
Pavillion attendant also is a paid position.
The duties include, am/pm opening/closing of the restroom,
cleaning of said restroom 7 days a week.
Making sure area is clean & all trash picked up.
Removing trash from all cans and putting clean bags in the cans.

Attendant also is in charge of all parties held at the park,
there is a checklist of what is required of homeowners
having the party.
Homeowner has to show prove of assesments paid.

The attendant is on call until the party is over.
At that time he/she meets with HO who had party,
to make sure everything is back to the way
the pavillion looked prior to said party.
Including BBQ's locked back up. Overhead fans
turned on/off.
The list of what is expected of the HO is extensive.
This position requires 7 days a week/ parties held
on both Sat/Sun, also 2/3 parties a day in summer
alot of week-ends. This is a Thankless position.

Last edited by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy; 11-28-2009 at 12:11 PM..

Old 11-28-2009, 12:25 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy View Post
Mr Severs said that the meeting will be closed to homeowners!!
He also said it was going to be held in conference room.
Period end of story, a HO told him that they can't do that due
to Sunshine Law.

Severs said that the HO was WRONG!!
OH! LC, CH & EJ had cheshire cat grins
on faces.
I hate that type of attitude. I can visualize the smirks on LC and CH

Old 11-28-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Sadly, nothing of significance will be done until elections in April. Then, if the wrong people are chosen, this has potential to happen all over again.
Remember, people voted these clowns in.
This is a GREAT example why we need to know more about that person besides his / her Education, Years of Employment, Awards, etc.

As I have said prior we need to know how they will change and run the operation as it should be.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Look, I like many homeowners want real change in Westcreek but we must not get caught up in a mob mentality. If you have evidence of someone stealing from the members, then you have an obligation to report it to the proper authorities. If you have evidence and don't report it, then that shows me a lot about your character.

What is happening now is the begining of the "Perfect Storm". Over the next few months we will have the opportunity to vote for the candidates of our choice. I know HC and LC and believe me that if they decide to run, they will run a strong campaign. Don't be fools, they have their supporters too. If they get re-elected the two newest members will be powerless and we will have more of the same. Let's be smart and not make any stupid mistakes as we ride out this storm.

Hopefully, we can get at least 4 good candidates that the community as a whole can support. This will certainly be an interesting race.
I'm not badgering.

When you spoke of a campaign, what campaign? I have lived here for 10 years and all I have ever seen is a "Feather in My Hat" write up in the HOA Newsletter. Then there may be a speech at the BOD Meeting on the night of the Election (Annual Meeting). I sincerely feel that 75% of the Folks that vote have no earthly idea who they are voting for. They are simply voting on what they have read and that 1-2-3 minute speech.

I would do a double back flip if I saw a Flyer at our gate or saw someone Block Walking . That's what we need. I know it will never be so I'm going to have to limber up for that flip. Good thing I have until April.

If there's Mud that can be backed up then it needs to be Slung, and Now.

Last edited by wellguy; 11-28-2009 at 12:57 PM..

Old 11-28-2009, 01:31 PM

56 posts, read 75,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I'm not badgering.

When you spoke of a campaign, what campaign? I have lived here for 10 years and all I have ever seen is a "Feather in My Hat" write up in the HOA Newsletter. Then there may be a speech at the BOD Meeting on the night of the Election (Annual Meeting). I sincerely feel that 75% of the Folks that vote have no earthly idea who they are voting for. They are simply voting on what they have read and that 1-2-3 minute speech.

I would do a double back flip if I saw a Flyer at our gate or saw someone Block Walking . That's what we need. I know it will never be so I'm going to have to limber up for that flip. Good thing I have until April.

If there's Mud that can be backed up then it needs to be Slung, and Now.
I agree with you that in the past nobody has actively campaigned for a position but that can be attributed to Homeowner apathy. I think the actions of this board over the past year have awaken the majority of the homeowers and this election can not be taken for granted. The most important thing is how the new board will turn this ship around and bring us together. I hope that those who decide to run will start letting us know how they stand on the issues that have been raised on this forum and at the BOD Meetings.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:53 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
Not enough people care.I suspect the reason that they don't care is that this is such a low priced HOA, people don't expect much. Folks get their pools, sports park etc and they are happy for <$300/year. Their day to day lives aren't affected very much by the corrupt board, so they pay their dues and keep on truckin'. They vote for whoever writes a nice little bit in the newsletter. Sad, but true.

When the meetings garner a 25-35 person attendance, and there are 3000+ homes, that should tell you something.
One HOA that I'm a member of, gets that type of attendance with only 36 units..that's right 36 units!! (no, it's not to impress Mr Big Balls (I'm a lightweight remember , just illustrating that when people care, they attend)

Last edited by firstclassflyer; 11-28-2009 at 02:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio