Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 06:56 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,273,099 times

Advertisements

I think the people who brought up people from other states and countries have something. I saw some pretty rude behavior up in NC where most of the people in my area were from yet another part of the country. The worst behavior I've ever seen anywhere IS here but the people aren't Americans at all. In their case it's not racial/national it's just the socioeconomic group that treats everyone that way. I guess I have to also accept that Texans are getting ruder. I don't know if "their mama ain't teachin them right" like mine did or if people across the board are just more self-centered and rude. I'm trying to teach manners to my kids but it's hard when they see others acting the way they do. I am guilty of loudly complaining about the people with 2 baskets who went through the express lane at Walmart the other day. If the clerk won't do something about the 100 or so items over the limit I can at least try and shame them about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 07:35 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times
I've noticed the rudest behavior at La Canterra. I have been standing in a store looking at something only to have a mom and her kids bust right thru where I'm standing, plenty of room to go around, but they insisted on busting thru. Certain times of the year it is at its worst there....
Easter week and Christmas.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:46 PM

204 posts, read 336,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Most of those people are NOT Texans, IMHO.
Correct.There are no Texans that are rude. Just not possible.

Old 11-24-2011, 10:10 PM

23 posts, read 24,938 times
Yep, yep, yep- agree with 'moms2feebs- only they are from south of the border- not from all other places. Rudest people I have ever wittnessed.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:19 AM

89 posts, read 148,210 times
i worked at a HEB....now im just a paying customer. people are getting less considerate every year, i don't get it. i see people let there kids run wild, get angry if you "take to long" in selecting items.
give ugly stares if you pay with check or debit instead of cash.

is it really worth getting angry at people?

Old 11-25-2011, 01:23 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goominim View Post
Something that helps is to sort the grocery list in an order where you can sweep through the store in one direction. It really cuts down on the time spent in the store dodging carts.
Oh my goodness, I figured everyone did this...I sort my grocery list down to which produce comes first in the produce section!

Old 11-25-2011, 02:19 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,094,021 times
Havent seen my pet peeve mentioned, it irritates me when people tell me "excuse me" or "I'm sorry" when they pass me in the aisle, but are really not close to me at all. Also, shopping carts are like cars, KEEP RIGHT PEOPLE!

Old 11-25-2011, 02:44 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
Havent seen my pet peeve mentioned, it irritates me when people tell me "excuse me" or "I'm sorry" when they pass me in the aisle, but are really not close to me at all. Also, shopping carts are like cars, KEEP RIGHT PEOPLE!
Seriously? Those two issues irritate you?

Old 11-25-2011, 02:47 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Seriously? Those two issues irritate you?

no kidding. If someone is looking at something and I walk in front of them I try and say "Excuse me." Here I thought that was good manners....huh.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:22 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
no kidding. If someone is looking at something and I walk in front of them I try and say "Excuse me." Here I thought that was good manners....huh.
Well I am just trying to see how that would upset someone if I said "excuse me" while walking in front of someone. As for keeping right, HEB lanes are pretty much one way because of how narrow they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio