Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2011, 12:13 PM

168 posts, read 531,177 times

Advertisements

Christian Family Church San Antonio

Christian Family Church San Antonio What's cool is they have live streaming during all weekend services, so you can just go on the website during services-saturdays at 6pm, or sunday at 9 and 11 and check it out just right there in your home. But you really can't get the same feel as in person, with the music and praisin', and cause everyone is nice without being "stepfordish" (like that old movie "Stepford Wives" if you know what I mean where their all robotish).

This Memorial weekend Pastor Theo is starting speaking on "How to achieve the dream God gives you"

We tried about 4 or 5 when we moved from Los Angeles, CA, and most were all pretty cool, but this is the best one we found out here, It's diverse. Good music too. And a good free Childrens daycare.
I'm looking forward to hearing what's up with a series Pastor Theo has coming up starting June 29th called "How to avoid being caught in the 666 spider web of the anti-christ". They have Churches in South Africa where they're from, and all over, but this is a nice sprout here. Not too big, not too little.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 12:19 PM

Sorry, forgot to put where it is....

3607 North Loop 1604 East
San Antonio, Texas 78247
We are located in NE San Antonio between US 281 and IH35 on Loop 1604.
Exit at Bulverde Rd, go West on 1604 access road for 500 yards.
There is a biggg sign out front that's saying the message of the day. It's on that lil side road off the freeway, right past another Church, so it's the second Church driveway not the first.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:24 PM

18,169 posts, read 25,408,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyslp View Post
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any medium-sized to large (not supersize) diverse churches in the San Antonio area.
Define diverse

San Antonio is an extremely diverse city. Not because there's a lot of hispanics.
But because in any church in San Antonio, you can easily have people from at least 25 different states largely due to the military.

I live close to Randolph, and it's not rare to see plates from Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico and even EU (European Union)

Old 05-29-2011, 07:58 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,516,059 times
It sounds more like the OP is talking more about ethnic diversity considering her comment about churches not commonly being diverse. Churches have historically been pretty segregated. The only diverse churches I've ever been to were near the Old San Francisco Steakhouse and on West Ave. All of the other churches I've attended have been more than 90% white, Hispanic, or black. I would like to find a diverse, non-denominational church too. Preferably not a mega-church.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:55 PM

I have a mixed family myself. And Christian Family Church of San Antonio is too. It's definitely more comfortable that way.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:28 PM

Livingway Church on the side of the 35 with Pastors Steve and Becky Fender is maybe even a lil more diverse and pretty cool, good music too. I liked it alot, it's just that the childcare program wasn't as good as the one at Christian Family Church by a long shot. But if you don't use the childcare, that's not even an issue. Summit Church was pretty diverse too. We tried about 4 or 5 Churches here that were cool but you know how you just gotta find the right one for you that feeds you.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:25 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,896,292 times
The Pentecostal church I used to attend was quite diverse, ethnically, age-wise, mix of military and locals, but like other churches it was well divided in that they had a separate service for college students going on during the regular church service, another service on another day that was in Spanish, they had meetings for teens, singles, married, divorced, ex-drug addicts, etc...

It was a medium size to smaller church too. What I missed most was the old songs from my childhood but also the fact that before the whole family worshipped together, the whole church was a family, it is quite divided into specialized groups now.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:36 PM

I have now found another really cool, logical speaking, pretty diverse, Church with really cool people-
River City Community Church River City Community Church | A Church for Real Life! it's right behind Retama Park on Lookout Rd. in back of biggg parking lot for old amphitheater. I really like how they have the Hands and Feet Ministry where they actually do ministry and help in the communities that reallllly need it most in San Antonio, etc. And they have the Compassion thing they're hooked up with- Sponsor a Child - Compassion International , and people can really change lives by just helping with 34 a month (for when people want to help but don't want to physically go out and help. I strongly suggest that all stop by when they have a yearly mobile compassion unit there for a few days and it lets people put on these headphones and walk through a mock day in the life of children around the world. It's sooo great for kids to see how good they have it here compared to others in this world.
They also have a Christian School.

Livingway Church on 1-35 Livingway Church | the Most Exciting Church in San Antonio! is maybe most diverse and good music that I remember when we went,
… and if some aren't as diverse, we gotta sprinkle em' up a lil' more. Let's make the diversity happen.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:07 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,184,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Place for Life is a very good one. I went to that church a few weeks ago and was amazed.
Have they actually started worshipping God - by His name - in that place?

I went there once, several years ago. There was no cross, no Bible (except the one I brought), and no mention of God at all, just the word "him" being sung and spoken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio