Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:33 PM

30 posts, read 163,058 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Can anyone gives us some names of Nondenominational Churches in San Antonio? We currently attend International Family church here in the Boston Area and we are looking for a similar worship experience. Mixed race congregation, great teaching and praise and worship and wonderful childrens ministry. We have already looked into Max Lucado's and Rev. Hagees churches.
Thank you in advance.
liby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Try searching here:
The Beacon Online | faith. family. community. (http://sabeacon.com/ulistingblock/normsearch - broken link)

Old 01-16-2009, 11:50 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,486,155 times
we attend BRCC and really enjoy it ---

there is also The Summit that i have heard good things about...

Old 01-17-2009, 08:06 AM

3 posts, read 13,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liby View Post
Hello,
Can anyone gives us some names of Nondenominational Churches in San Antonio? We currently attend International Family church here in the Boston Area and we are looking for a similar worship experience. Mixed race congregation, great teaching and praise and worship and wonderful childrens ministry. We have already looked into Max Lucado's and Rev. Hagees churches.
Thank you in advance.
liby
We attend Gateway Fellowship on the far northwest side of San Antonio, it is a great church and the message is relevant for the times. We also have an awesome kids ministry. If you are interested you can also download podcasts of the past messages to listen to.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:27 PM

288 posts, read 926,225 times
Even for non-denominational churches in this area you have to be more specific about your beliefs and doctrine. They vary from church to church. I am referring to things like homosexuality, tithing, abortion, political issues. You know, all that fun stuff! There are some wonderful churches in the area. The two you mentioned, Cornerstone and Oakhills, are a great starting point. I can't speak for Oakills, but Cornerstone has one of the top children's ministries anywhere. Pastor Matt, John Hagee's son, is starting to take over some of the preaching responsibilities and will eventually take on the church, and he is attracting younger families which means more small kids. They are starting to put even more into the children's ministry. Anyhow, there are many churches in the area to check out! Here is a google list:
NON DENOMINATIONAL CHURCHES SAN ANTONIO - Google Maps

Old 01-17-2009, 08:16 PM

Default Thanks so much

Thank so much. I just found the New Creation Christian Fellowship Church on line and I will visit there also.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:41 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Quote:
Thank so much. I just found the New Creation Christian Fellowship Church on line and I will visit there also.
Reverend Dr. Claudette Copeland is AWESOME!!! She gives some fantastic sermons that are very relevant to REAL LIFE. I have had the pleasure of meeting with her and hearing her worship services when she came to my home church as a guest speaker. I was very impressed, for lack of a better word, by her passion and sincerity. If you like a pastor who "keeps it real" then you will really feel at home at New Creation with her as the pastor.

p/s If you are ever in the Schertz/Cibolo area, check out Resurrection Church (RBC) off Live Oak Rd.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:23 AM

I certainly will. We have friends in Cibolo. We PCS to Lackland in March, and we are just searching for churches to visit. We can't wait to get settled and to find a good church home for our family.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:14 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Quote:
I certainly will. We have friends in Cibolo. We PCS to Lackland in March, and we are just searching for churches to visit. We can't wait to get settled and to find a good church home for our family.
If you plan on moving to the Lackland AFB area check out New Life Christian it is in that area.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:39 PM

343 posts, read 1,304,954 times
I would recommend Westover Hills Assembly of God.

They have a very good children's ministry.

You can check it out at WHAG.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio