Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2009, 10:34 PM

214 posts, read 502,586 times

Advertisements

I'd like to find a church in San Antonio, NW side. Does anyone know a medium to large church with a sophisticated ministry team, middle of the road Christian stance (Methodist, Baptist, etc), contemporary worship, and involved in more than Sunday morning and Wednesday attendance. The kiddo (7 yrs old) needs a spot there too.

Please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 11:02 PM

9,854 posts, read 13,731,138 times
Try University United Methodist Church off of De Zavala. Lots of different groups and lots of activities for the family. It's a large congregation (but a good one at that). If you search for it on the forum you should find some more information on it. I haven't been in ages, but I know there are good people there.

I adore the Praise and Worship Service and the Contemporary Worship team, when I do go, they are the reason I go.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:42 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,831 times
Northwest Hills on Potranco, Origin on Tezel/Timberpath...

www.originchurch.com
www.nwhcc.net

Old 04-12-2009, 01:20 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,493,303 times
BRCC --- Bandera Road Community Church --- we LOVE it!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 10:28 AM

168 posts, read 530,576 times
CFC (Christian Family Church) WELCOME TO CHRISTIAN FAMILY CHURCH : SAN ANTONIO TEXAS
We moved here to New Braunfels from Los Angeles late last year and we tried a bunch of Churches, and though they were nice, you know how you look for that one that just fits you. This is the one we found. The kids building is incredible, you should see the art over 100% of the walls in there, and feels cool for the kids. They have actually had a Father/Daughter dance for Valentine's that I thought was the coolest thing and great idea, to show girls how they should be treated and not accept any less when the time comes. They had a Mother/Daughter tea party that I didn't make it too, but wanted to. They are also now having a Father/Son lock in thing Friday April 24th-but of course you could leave if you want, like a sleep over with sleeping bags and they do scavenger hunts, games, etc... which is great cause Father's really need to spend more time with the kids... and these things are so great cause it does sooo much for the kids. They're also having this Women of Worth thing this Wednesday the 15th at 7pm (Free Childcare of course yay, so you can enjoy with an artist named Javen performing too) They also have a youth thing, my cousin who is a lil older goes to, but I'm not sure of the ages of that one. They have lots of stuff though. And I really like that they have other ones in Johannesburg South Africa where they help alot. Well, if you want to know anything else, just ask, when I come on, I can see if I can tell you. I know it was a big thing for us to find something out here since our two families that moved out here didn't know anyone or anything out here.

Last edited by GodsQ; 04-13-2009 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: Forgot to put date and info.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:36 AM

220 posts, read 682,253 times
Concordia at 1604 @ Huebner. Contemporary worship, great staff and outstanding youth program with school K-8 and daycare. Concordia Lutheran Church, San Antonio, Texas

Old 04-14-2009, 08:26 AM

436 posts, read 1,615,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Try University United Methodist Church off of De Zavala. Lots of different groups and lots of activities for the family. It's a large congregation (but a good one at that). If you search for it on the forum you should find some more information on it. I haven't been in ages, but I know there are good people there.

I adore the Praise and Worship Service and the Contemporary Worship team, when I do go, they are the reason I go.
ditto. great kids program, too.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,984 times
Rockhills Church, meets at the Huebner Oaks AMC 24 theaters, great music, messages and the first Sunday of every month they don't have a service but instead serve in the community
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio