Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 03:51 PM

12 posts, read 25,058 times

Advertisements

Granite bay is very money focused. Yuck! Deuter du is right on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 12:00 PM

3 posts, read 23,275 times
Where do the mixed families live? I am a white bread Christian who accepts all kinds of people who don't think like me. My husband is hispanic and does not believe in God. He actually goes to church with me sometimes, but stays away from those who try to push their religion on him. We're moving to Sacramento this summer. I think I'd like the Fab Fourties area, but we'd probably only get a 1500 sq. ft home for $500,000.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:30 PM

3 posts, read 10,068 times
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]You make me want to cry. We are planning on moving to Folsom from East Sacramento for the schools and this is just what I feared![/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 07-31-2009, 12:52 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,896,208 times
There are some people who just resent others for being more successful. In this region, Granite Bay is known as one of the places where the affluent live.

But before I bought into someone else's insecurities, I would give the place a chance. I don't live in Granite Bay, but I will say that people in Granite Bay I have dealt with were some of the most generous people I have met, both with their money and their time. You have a good mixture of people who are self made and a lot of people who very highly educated. The self made people weren't always wealthy and there experiences have informed their world viewpoint. The very well educated tend to have informed viewpoints on a lot of issues.

Where ever you go, you will find some people who are just very materialistic. That is true in Granite Bay but that is also true in East Sac. But that isn't everyone nor even a representive sample of the entire population. Before you give into fear and prejudice, experience the place for yourself with an open mind.

My hunch is that you will like the place much more than you expected.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:48 PM

2 posts, read 4,794 times
We moved to GB from very Liberal Santa Cruz, we sold our lot value beach cottage and bought here. Most people I know in GB think the same; work hard and be rewarded.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:14 PM

771 posts, read 1,582,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
But the best hamburger in Sacramento is in Land Park at Dad's Kitchen... and that place is gay central. But who CARES?
Didn't Dad's Kitchen close?

I think Burgers and Brew on R Street is better - but you have to put up with the 20something crowd if you go down there to eat after 7:00 on most weekends and weekends.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:17 PM

771 posts, read 1,582,318 times
This is going to sound like a troll, but...

I'm so disgusted with both political parties... and I *work* in gov't. The left wants to push the gay agenda and carbon panic on us, and the right wants to push God and breeding on us (i.e., no abortion or birth control allowed). Those of us in the middle - who are social libertarians and fiscal conservatives - have no one to vote for.

I'm personally mulling over leaving California because of its uber-liberalness to the point of nausea. Its just as bad, in its own, as the Deep South bible thumpers. Just leave me ALONE!

Old 02-08-2010, 01:26 PM

415 posts, read 546,127 times
If you move check out some of the cities in the West:Boise Idaho, St. George Utah, Juneau Alaska. In the South, people are Republican more often because they really do want to advance the Republican social agenda. In these cities in the West, the people are Republican because they like to go hunting, want lower taxes and/or they fear the progressive environment agenda threatens the local employment base (ban logging, all of that stuff).

Old 02-09-2010, 12:15 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,300,910 times
The previous poster is somewhat correct. I don't think most Republicans in California really care about hunting, but they support the right to own guns.

There are very few areas of California where you will find religious people to be a pain. Fresno and Orange County are the only areas I can think of.

For the most part, Republicans (as registered voters) in Northern California are more like Libertarians. They don't care what anyone does as long as they don't have to pay for it.

In Central and Southern California it is somewhat different.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:59 AM

3 posts, read 6,297 times
2/3's of this thread is bunk. There are a few knowledgeable people on here that are focusing on what this person is asking for... a nice area to live.

Leave it to others to interpet that question and turn it into their own diatribe about what's wrong in America, and then in turn spit their hate venom on other people.

Sacramento is LAYERED with great areas to live. Granite Bay is just one. People pay more of a premium to live there because the homes and schools are great. It's also laid up right next to Folsom Lake so you would be paying more of an *amenity* fee if you will.

You'll find churches all over, but people don't push it on you. This would be my last concern when moving into the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento