Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2023, 08:50 AM

6,904 posts, read 8,271,145 times

Advertisements

Mix,
It was not "muggy" not even close. "Muggy" means uncomfortably humid hot and it was NOT uncomfortable, nor hot. It was perfectly comfortable. Very comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 10:50 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,570,303 times
Chim maybe it was me. Anyways wacky t storm weather today!

Old 06-06-2023, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Chim maybe it was me. Anyways wacky t storm weather today!
Nope, there weren't any thunderstorms in Sacramento, in Tahoe yes, but not Sacramento.

Just enjoy the comfortable cool to mild, partly cloudy weather. Because before you know it, you'll be crying about hot temps.

Old 06-06-2023, 05:59 PM

In Carmichael it’s raining today with storms! Wacky weather for June feels more like March !

Old 06-06-2023, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Nope, there weren't any thunderstorms in Sacramento, in Tahoe yes, but not Sacramento.

Just enjoy the comfortable cool to mild, partly cloudy weather. Because before you know it, you'll be crying about hot temps.
Nah I just get in my pool when it’s hot in fact I prefer the heat. Bring on the 110 plus days that’s what I live for!

Old 06-07-2023, 10:39 AM

3,469 posts, read 5,263,802 times
My parents reported a very light sprinkle in Walnut Creek yesterday as well. It was a very weird weather system in that it was sort of centered on the middle third of the state and was very weak, clearly something that undercut the jet stream that's all the way up in canada. Because the Pacific Northwest was hot and sunny. So this wasn't like a winter storm.

And given the warm and sunny weather in the northwest, I have a meteorological curiosity regarding Sacramento. Here's what prompts my question at the bottom:

I've been reading on the LA forum about the speculation that Southern California has actually been more gloomy and cold than Seattle this year, but nobody has compiled that data to prove it. However, Los Angeles had more rain during the rainy season than Seattle, and it's been extremely gloomy for months. San Diego has been even worse than Los Angeles, and reading the following comment from an Angeleno shows you how some ppl are experiencing seasonal affective disorder down here:

"I hate this weather. The continuous gloom since, honestly, last October is so depressing. We had an unusually wet, cold winter follower by a crappy spring and now a terrible summer. Yes, I know, May gray, June gloom, blah blah blah, but it usually clears up in the afternoon and we have sunshine, but it has been continuously foggy and cloudy the ENTIRE TIME since October last year. Add to that an awful April, which is usually a beautiful sunny month, and Im sure no-sky-July and Fogust will suck too. I can't take this depressing weather anymore, bring the sun back!"

That comment pretty much sums up what we've been experiencing down here. At least the last few days, we've been far enough inland to get a tiny break in the clouds so that we can sit outside in a sweatshirt for a couple of hours.

So my follow-up question is, how would Sacramento's sky conditions and temps compare to Seattle for the year to date? Any data? I kind of feel like ever since some neighbors of ours left San Diego for Seattle about four years ago because they couldn't take the sun and heat anymore, the patterns kind of flipped, and Seattle suddenly got hot and was battling a bunch of nearby wildfires, while SoCal was comparatively mild and spared by natural disaster. It seems like a cruel irony for them to have left exactly at the wrong time, but for us, it's been a blessing not to spend a fortune on watering and electricity. And we still have wildflowers in june, which is insane.

Old 06-07-2023, 12:20 PM

Vegas gets hot and lower taxes so may look at that or Arizona in future for moving and sell home here.

Old 06-07-2023, 12:41 PM

TS,
We still have wildflowers too, isn't that awesome, and our Garden Loves this weather, so healthy, getting tons of Zucchini last few weeks. Our Roses are doing awesome as well. Tons of little green tomatoes on the vine.....should be ripe in a month........Catalopues getting bigger.....peppers too!

Nope it has not been "stormy" in Sacramento, and yes we got a little bit of rain yesterday, but still plenty of Sun, and it's still Spring so no worries there. It's been cloudier than normal for us, but we still get sun everyday.

I'm loving how GREEN it is without having too much sun and too warm of temps. For high temps, It's been in the 70's for the most part several weeks now which is a little unusual for us; usually we would top out in the 80's by now.

The only difference is cooler temps by 10 degrees and more clouds than we are used too, but really, just awesome weather for us (Sacramento).

Walking around midtown Sac it is was so lush and comfortable. We had drinks at the Hyatt House and a group of folks from Phoenix who sat next to us were commenting on how many trees and how green it was...and how "cool" it is. This one lady said that she knew Sacramento wasn't desert-like as in SoCal but she never knew it was so green, kinda like Portland......of course...when she said that you knew I had to repeat that on city-data, lol.

I have not found a good easy source for Seattle and Portland rain totals, I'll keep looking. I would say the last 8 months in Sacramento have been very very Portland like, but we still are getting more Sun and not as cold both day and night than Portland and Seattle.

I think a total repeat of this years winter-'22-'23 and Spring '23 for several years would be awesome!! As long as there is no flooding.

The Bay Area has been dismal because of the lack of sun and it never really warms up. Any Bay day trips have been postponed until Aug/Sept.

Also, for Tahoe folks, who don't enjoy snow sports, it's been absolutely dismal. The snowmelt may have wildflowers but it's still cold at night and Thunderstorms by day. It's great as a day trip or extended weekend but I wouldn't want to live there all year 'round.

Your comments about music have not gone unnoticed.....I'm don't have a musical bone in my body, and I'm probably tone-deaf. Can't keep rythm either, nor spell it correctly. :-)

We watched "Tar", the movie about a classical music maestro, I was really liking it until the 2/3 mark and then it just sort of fell apart. Best quote from the movie, and sign of the times........."Don't be so easily offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring conformity".

Ever since the Coronation, I've been listening to Handels Zadok the Priest alot! Can't get enough of it, bring ups the vapors every time!

Last edited by Chimérique; 06-07-2023 at 01:37 PM..

Old 06-07-2023, 06:52 PM

I need desert heat

Old 06-07-2023, 07:09 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,662,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Vegas gets hot and lower taxes so may look at that or Arizona in future for moving and sell home here.
Check out Mesquite NV, which is about 85 miles northeast of Las Vegas. It's a nice up and coming community. Similar weather to Vegas. Hot desert heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento