Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:33 PM

631 posts, read 1,292,138 times

Advertisements

There is a lot of denial in this thread. Richmond is 57% black, but if you take specific neighborhoods like the fan, what % white/black is that? Exactly. And how many black people do you see at the Richmond Folk Festival (which is a white cultural festival whether you admit it or not)?

To take it further, there is the 2nd Street Festival which is pretty much 99.99% black

Sorry, richmond is segregated. But on the topic of whether it's "diverse"... not really. Black/white doesn't make a place diverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Obviously someone wanting their life handed to them instead of seeking out their own comfort zone. Home is where you make it.
I'm sorry but this literally made me laugh out loud. I mean where did this come from??

Old 11-09-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong View Post
when I lived in Richmond I was constantly a victim of reverse discrimination whether it be at the dmv or McDonald's, I could go on about this but I dont want to be labeled so I will leave it at that.
I can absolutely relate to this as well. There's lots of problems in the world and this one should come as no surprise as many of Richmonders black population were alive during segregation

Old 11-09-2010, 06:30 PM

170 posts, read 583,944 times
It's diverse, but segregated. It's also a small place, keep that in mind.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:42 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,272,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
I'm sorry but this literally made me laugh out loud. I mean where did this come from??
If you read the posts in this thread, you will see many people blame their surroundings for their unhappiness....a place cannot make someone unhappy...in my opinion, happiness is a choice.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:02 AM

1,799 posts, read 6,323,155 times
Quote:
And how many black people do you see at the Richmond Folk Festival (which is a white cultural festival whether you admit it or not)?
A white cultural festival? Did you even go to it?

Richmond Folk Festival

Why are we making an event like this a race thing?

Old 11-10-2010, 01:54 PM

54 posts, read 155,196 times
richmondpics dont even waste your time or keyboard strokes on these obviously unhappy folks. ever so often, someone digs up this old thread and complain but yet they're still in richmond, participating in these forums, looking and praying for someone to feel how they feel. ok, so richmond is not diverse (your opinion)...now what? i really feel like the people who dislike richmond the most will find anything to complain about. cuz you dont see a mixture of cultures at a festival you jump ship? go somewhere with that nonsense

Old 11-11-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondpics View Post
A white cultural festival? Did you even go to it?

Richmond Folk Festival

Why are we making an event like this a race thing?
I did, did you? You can't deny that the festival was absolutely NOT 57% black, it was no more than 10%, and that's being generous. Nice link but the actual experience is quite different

Old 11-11-2010, 03:28 PM

370 posts, read 1,011,568 times
Quote:
I did, did you? You can't deny that the festival was absolutely NOT 57% black, it was no more than 10%, and that's being generous. Nice link but the actual experience is quite different
And how exactly is this the fault of the City and not that of the individuals who chose not to attend?

Old 11-11-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric75 View Post
And how exactly is this the fault of the City and not that of the individuals who chose not to attend?
When did i blame the city? It's absolutely the citizens fault
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond