Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2021, 07:09 PM

4,226 posts, read 1,671,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
And why aren't you spamming the Maine forum- MAnative- since you live there???
Personally, I'd find an out-of-state license plate sighting chart for Providence more interesting. With each state in this great country represented by a color. Say, blue for....South Dakota. Any takers?

Old 01-25-2021, 08:09 PM

23,549 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
Post 96 doesn't answer the questions...

Read the bold. It can't get any more self explanatory than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Let's keep this on topic of the drug trade in Providence. Just as I posted a map of serious violent crime in the city, I did a similar one for drug busts.

Derived from the Providence Police Case Log, these are the logged Manufacturing/Trafficking/Distribution charges from 2020. These are exclusively of those carried out by the Providence Police, and do not include those of the feds/DEA.

No real surprises here. The Althea/Sorrento/Linwood triangle is a hot spot as it long has been. Broad St./Prairie Ave. triangle. Manton Heights area on the Olneyville/Mt. Pleasant border, Hartford Projects, etc.

Old 01-25-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Personally, I'd find an out-of-state license plate sighting chart for Providence more interesting. With each state in this great country represented by a color. Say, blue for....South Dakota. Any takers?

Trying to keep this OT, drug runners in Providence typically don the black-on-orange plates.

Last edited by massnative71; 01-25-2021 at 08:21 PM..

Old 01-25-2021, 10:33 PM

4,385 posts, read 3,193,342 times
Quote:
N Smithfield is in the Providence area. City lines are porous, and the drug trade is quite mobile. Especially the fentanyl, I say there's an excellent chance it made contact with the city of Providence at some point in the process. Kind of like when you track an Amazon package, and goes from X to Z to Y before it's shipped to your house. Not sure where the confusion lies?
Is this thread and map about Providence only or all of RI? Because I don't see Smithfield on your map

Old 01-26-2021, 04:47 AM

3,785 posts, read 2,693,466 times
Quote:
Read the bold. It can't get any more self explanatory than that.
So you didn't understand the questions, or don't know the answers. Got it.

Old 01-26-2021, 09:33 AM

4,385 posts, read 3,193,342 times
Quote:
Trying to keep this OT, drug runners in Providence typically don the black-on-orange plates.
What is a black on orange plate?

Old 01-26-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Is this thread and map about Providence only or all of RI? Because I don't see Smithfield on your map

Post #s 1 and 96 answer both of your questions. READ.

Quote:
So you didn't understand the questions, or don't know the answers. Got it.

Once again bro, post #96 describes EXACTLY how the data for the map was obtained. And that you admitted to viewing the case log yourself, you'd obviously be aware that it doesn't include those details of the incidents. That would require seeing the actual police reports. You think I wouldn't post that information if I had it??? Seriously. You are both being deliberately obtuse, or have serious comprehension issues.

Old 01-26-2021, 03:36 PM

3,785 posts, read 2,693,466 times
Quote:
Once again bro, post #96 describes EXACTLY how the data for the map was obtained. And that you admitted to viewing the case log yourself, you'd obviously be aware that it doesn't include those details of the incidents. That would require seeing the actual police reports. You think I wouldn't post that information if I had it??? Seriously. You are both being deliberately obtuse, or have serious comprehension issues.
Am I being deliberately obtuse? You've tried to spin this thread as something of a track-all for "big time" drug "manufacturing" and large drug deals in Providence. And you have made a map purporting to show such as evidence of your thesis that Providence has a major illicit drug economy. But it looks to me like you are over counting.

Quote:
Derived from the Providence Police Case Log, these are the logged Manufacturing/Trafficking/Distribution charges from 2020. These are exclusively of those carried out by the Providence Police, and do not include those of the feds/DEA.
Doesn't that mean this map of yours includes run of the mill street level deals of small quantities? I believe it does. I don't know for sure, as (a) you put together the map and (b) I don't busy myself with the technicalities associated with those particular crime categories. So I am genuinely asking you, have genuinely asked you. Yet you have refused an explicit answer.

And if you don't know enough from the police log to separate the big time deals from the minor infractions, as you have now admitted, then what business do you have putting together a map and misrepresenting the picture to the reader?

You implicitly present yourself here as something of a crime "expert", denigrate much of the city as a drug manufacturing center, so much so that you track it closely enough to make maps and characterize parts of the city as usual hot spots, etc. With that comes responsibility to provide fact-based answers instead of fantasy-based innuendo. If you don't know the answers, then you have no business presenting yourself as an expert.

To the casual observer, which describes me and probably most of the people reading this thread, nickle and dime drug deals broken up by the police aren't likely worthy of being included on a map which purports to show serious drug crime in the city. I say your doing so misrepresents the scope and breadth of the problem.

Old 01-26-2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Am I being deliberately obtuse? You've tried to spin this thread as something of a track-all for "big time" drug "manufacturing" and large drug deals in Providence. And you have made a map purporting to show such as evidence of your thesis that Providence has a major illicit drug economy. But it looks to me like you are over counting.

Doesn't that mean this map of yours includes run of the mill street level deals of small quantities? I believe it does. I don't know for sure, as (a) you put together the map and (b) I don't busy myself with the technicalities associated with those particular crime categories. So I am genuinely asking you, have genuinely asked you. Yet you have refused an explicit answer.

And if you don't know enough from the police log to separate the big time deals from the minor infractions, as you have now admitted, then what business do you have putting together a map and misrepresenting the picture to the reader?

You implicitly present yourself here as something of a crime "expert", denigrate much of the city as a drug manufacturing center, so much so that you track it closely enough to make maps and characterize parts of the city as usual hot spots, etc. With that comes responsibility to provide fact-based answers instead of fantasy-based innuendo. If you don't know the answers, then you have no business presenting yourself as an expert.

To the casual observer, which describes me and probably most of the people reading this thread, nickle and dime drug deals broken up by the police aren't likely worthy of being included on a map which purports to show serious drug crime in the city. I say your doing so misrepresents the scope and breadth of the problem.

FOR THE LOVE OF MANKIND, I never made any such claim that the mapped incidents were all "big time drug manufacturing"! It's quite obvious that some of those are going to be street level dealing, as much as I question your notion of any deal being "not serious". I posted the map for discussion purposes and out of interest as it gives a good overview of where the activity is in the city. As you can see, it's clearly not evenly distributed. The "hotspots" on the map also clearly demonstrate where the commonly known "drug areas" are in the city. I find it interesting to compare it to the violent crime map I posted in the other thread, as far as where there is overlap and disparities. Some things that clearly stand out, is that the violent ghetto neighborhoods of Mt. Hope and Smith Hill show very little drug dealing activity at the moment. There are reasons for that. What do you think?

ormari, I'm thinking maybe you reside in one of those areas loaded with activity. Is that why you are so hostile to what this discussion reveals?

Old 01-26-2021, 07:07 PM

1,549 posts, read 3,055,284 times
Quote:
FOR THE LOVE OF MANKIND, I never made any such claim that the mapped incidents were all "big time drug manufacturing"! It's quite obvious that some of those are going to be street level dealing, as much as I question your notion of any deal being "not serious". I posted the map for discussion purposes and out of interest as it gives a good overview of where the activity is in the city. As you can see, it's clearly not evenly distributed. The "hotspots" on the map also clearly demonstrate where the commonly known "drug areas" are in the city. I find it interesting to compare it to the violent crime map I posted in the other thread, as far as where there is overlap and disparities. Some things that clearly stand out, is that the violent ghetto neighborhoods of Mt. Hope and Smith Hill show very little drug dealing activity at the moment. There are reasons for that. What do you think?

ormari, I'm thinking maybe you reside in one of those areas loaded with activity. Is that why you are so hostile to what this discussion reveals?
you lose credibility when you call Mt. Hope a violent ghetto neighborhood and then note their is little drug dealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island