Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2021, 07:04 PM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
I did just demonstrate it. I even put it in bold. I guess you don't see so well.

Here it is again, from the report:

Drug distribution within the NE HIDTA region is centered in two primary hubs located in the Hartford (CT)/Springfield (MA) and Lowell/Lawrence (MA) areas.

The Providence (RI)/Fall River (MA) area is a secondary distribution center that supplies Cape Cod.

The report identifies metro areas, not cities proper. It calls them out as "Hartford/Springfield", "Lowell/Lawrence", or "Providence/Fall River". The Prov/Fall River metro area is Providence, Fall River, New Bedford, Pawtucket, Warwick, Cranston, etc. It arguably includes Taunton/Wareham. Plymouth is probably close enough to be lumped in with the Cape.

The Providence/Fall River metro area is called a secondary distribution center because it is smaller/less important than the others.

Again, you are the one putting out these allegations. You just made more of them. You throw stuff out but can't back it up. You make the allegation, then the burden of proof is yours. But you can't do it. You don't even try. Probably, because you know you can't.

Those places are not SOUTHERN New England. Where else is it coming from to SOUTHERN New England (besides NYC which has already been covered)? Of course Lawrence supplies a much larger region and is therefore a bigger player.

Old 01-27-2021, 07:17 PM

3,799 posts, read 2,698,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Elmwood isn't a ghetto. Olneyville isn't a ghetto. Pine St. is a nice neighborhood.
Correct.

Old 01-27-2021, 07:18 PM

3,799 posts, read 2,698,580 times
Quote:
Those places are not SOUTHERN New England. Where else is it coming from to SOUTHERN New England (besides NYC which has already been covered)? Of course Lawrence supplies a much larger region and is therefore a bigger player.
Still waiting for you to provide evidence...

Old 01-27-2021, 10:31 PM

1,549 posts, read 3,056,073 times
Quote:
Ha I've literally heard it all on this forum. Elmwood isn't a ghetto. Olneyville isn't a ghetto. Pine St. is a nice neighborhood. I believe our "forum spokesman" even once hinted of CHAD BROWN not being bad. And now Mt. Hope isn't a ghetto you say. FYI the entire footprint of a neighborhood doesn't need to be bad for parts of it to be classified as such. Honestly, is there ANYWHERE in Providence or RI that you would admit to being ghetto?

And it has not to do with race! Tell me...when you can have white ghettos, black ghettos, brown ghettos, mixed ghettos...how can one possibly make the accusation that it's a racial slight???
with that rational you must be in a Maine ghetto. Rarefied air on the top of that pine tree?

Old 01-28-2021, 04:31 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,700,436 times
Quote:
And it has not to do with race! Tell me...when you can have white ghettos, black ghettos, brown ghettos, mixed ghettos...how can one possibly make the accusation that it's a racial slight???
Yes, we all know what the term "ghetto" means and so do you. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ghetto
"What it has to do with race?" indeed. Save the coy protestations. The real motivation for this neighborhood trashing crime stuff is too obvious. Just read the Webster Dictionary. You really need to invest in a better dog whistle. We can all hear you!

Old 01-28-2021, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2448 View Post
with that rational you must be in a Maine ghetto. Rarefied air on the top of that pine tree?
Then by your rational, Chepachet must have an ocean view. Yawn.

Quote:
Correct.

Quote:
Still waiting for you to provide evidence...
Sigh.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic...979/heroin.htm

[LEFT]"Dominican criminal groups are the primary transporters of heroin into Rhode Island. To a lesser extent, African American criminal groups and gangs, Colombian and other Hispanic criminal groups, as well as various local independent dealers also transport heroin into Rhode Island. Most of the heroin transported into the state is purchased in New York City from Dominican criminal groups in the Washington Heights section of northern Manhattan and from Colombian criminal groups in the Jackson Heights section of Queens. The drug typically is transported into Rhode Island via I-95 in private vehicles--often equipped with false compartments--or in rental cars. Heroin also is transported into Rhode Island via private vehicles traveling from Massachusetts and, occasionally, from Florida and Texas.
Heroin also is transported into Rhode Island from New York City and Florida by couriers aboard buses. Couriers generally transport heroin concealed among articles of clothing in luggage or in hidden compartments built into the luggage, among other methods. In May 2001 a Florida man was arrested at a bus station in Providence for transporting heroin. The heroin was formed in the shape of his feet and concealed in the soles of his sneakers.
Providence is a transshipment point for heroin destined for other areas of New England. Dominican criminal groups based in Providence transport heroin throughout the state as well as to eastern Massachusetts and Cape Cod for distribution in those areas. Further, heroin distribution groups from Hartford, Connecticut; Portland, Maine; and Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Lowell, Lawrence, and New Bedford, Massachusetts, often purchase heroin from Providence-based Dominican criminal groups because the commute to and from New York City is perceived to involve a greater risk of law enforcement detection, according to the DEA Providence Resident Office. In addition, local law enforcement officials indicate that heroin increasingly is transported by crew members aboard commercial fishing vessels to New England. Vessels, typically from Maine, arrive at Providence, Quonset Point/Davisville, or Newport where crew members purchase small quantities of heroin."

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ri/pr/1...ing-conspiracy

[/LEFT]
15 Individuals Convicted, Sentenced in Heroin and Cocaine Trafficking Conspiracy

Operation Triple Play dismantled a drug trafficking organization that imported significant quantities of heroin and cocaine from Mexico and distributed the drugs in 3 states

https://www.providencejournal.com/ar...NEWS/150309488

"PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Providence narcotics officers seized drugs and more than $27,000 cash from an apartment in the Hartford Park housing projects where, the police say, a gang member and a shooting survivor were dealing drugs.

Ryan Johnson, 23, who is part of the Hartford Soldiers street gang, and his friend Esque Holloway, 34, were arrested during the raid Wednesday, sparked by a three-month investigation by Detective Jonathon Desmarais and members of the FBI’s Safe Streets task force, said Capt. Anthony Sauro."

https://www.providencejournal.com/ar...news/150229400

"PROVIDENCE — Federal, state and city authorities announced Thursday the arrest of 35 men — among the worst criminals in Rhode Island’s capital city, they said — and the seizure of 15 firearms in a long-running investigation of drug dealing and gun trafficking.
A previously unknown high-level collaboration of law enforcement agencies called the Rhode Island Urban Violent Crime Initiative counts among those arrested two individuals tied to the infamous Crips street gang, which is active in cities across the United States.
Michael Ferguson, acting special agent in charge of the New England Field Division of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, said investigators “infiltrated” the Crips to stop what he called the “illegal shipping” of weapons from Greenville, N.C., to Rhode Island. During the weekend of Jan. 31, federal agents, state troopers and Providence and Cranston officers boxed in a vehicle on a city street, arrested two suspects and confiscated seven firearms.
“They knew they were coming” from North Carolina, said Jim Martin, spokesman for Peter F. Neronha, U.S. attorney for Rhode Island. Further details of that aspect of the investigation were not divulged on Thursday.
The alleged illegal activity — mostly the sale of heroin and crack cocaine — was centered in the Hartford neighborhood, especially the Hartford Park public housing project, and among gangs on the South Side."

https://www.theday.com/article/20171...S04/171209362/

New London-Providence heroin trade exposed in major drug bust

https://patch.com/rhode-island/eastp...drugs-ad4c1655

East Providence Police Work to Clean Up I-195 Drug Corridor

Old 01-28-2021, 06:59 AM

4,231 posts, read 1,676,360 times
This thread proves stunningly, if nothing else, that our law enforcement officers perform an invaluable service to our communities in removing violent criminals, deadly weapons and ruinous drugs from city streets. Let this be a stern reminder to the cop hating "ACAB" creeps lurking in its shadow.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
This thread proves stunningly, if nothing else, that our law enforcement officers perform an invaluable service to our communities in removing violent criminals, deadly weapons and ruinous drugs from city streets. Let this be a stern reminder to the cop hating "ACAB" creeps lurking in its shadow.
That is correct, and it's also coming to light the role denialism plays in much of that same ignorance as demonstrated by some posters on this very forum.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:33 AM

2,811 posts, read 2,184,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71;60274325[i
In addition, local law enforcement officials indicate that heroin increasingly is transported by crew members aboard commercial fishing vessels to New England. Vessels, typically from Maine, arrive at Providence, Quonset Point/Davisville, or Newport where crew members purchase small quantities of heroin."[/b][/i]
Now this is getting interesting and might explain massnative's interest. I guess we found the real source of heroin for the New England market.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:43 AM

1,549 posts, read 3,056,073 times
I will leave it at this. Hate speech is a crime and I will do my best to have that word negated from this forum. Massnative71 will have to find another flowery word to use. But I take that word personally. I have never hid the fact that I am Jewish and that word reaches into my community more than you can understand. The word is antiquated and no longer has a place in everyday usage. You would argue that, but that is what a racist does. I picked this argument with you as January 27 is International Holocaust Day and your continued use with an offensive term has to be stopped. Your yawning and sighing are just your attempt to bully other adults. Grow up it doesn't work. This is a personnel attack against you and might be deleted, but racism can not be allowed to hide behind anonymous postings. i will not let it stand.

Last edited by mr2448; 01-28-2021 at 08:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island