Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 11:37 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,801,905 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if I can post pics here from the wonderful tenant that just left our place.

Just to let some people know how it is for the landlord.

Oh by the way ; she broke into the house over the weekend. Turned the couches upside down, etc. It wasnt technically a breakin as she opened one window and got in.

Yes, there was a police report made.

Or if I can send anyone pics and maybe they can post them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 12:19 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,946,515 times
if you have them on your computer I think you can I have posted in other forums with pictures . and yeh I would share with folks ..

Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,884,909 times
I'd like to see some pics. I don't think people who have not been a LL really know how people will leave a place...sometimes. I have had a few bad ones over the years and the damage was unbelievable. Fortunatly, it's a rarety. Maybe those people who are renters and not LL would learn a few things from seeing pics of what bad tenants can really leave behind.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:26 PM

232 posts, read 1,653,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
I'd like to see some pics. I don't think people who have not been a LL really know how people will leave a place...sometimes. I have had a few bad ones over the years and the damage was unbelievable. Fortunatly, it's a rarety. Maybe those people who are renters and not LL would learn a few things from seeing pics of what bad tenants can really leave behind.
As a tenant, I would find it helpful to know just how in-depth I need to be. I try to leave a place as clean as it was when I received it (which is not always very clean...), but what things are reasonable, and what will the landlord do? Is it customary for a landlord to hire someone between tenants, or will the next tenant move in to however the place was left?

So yeah, pictures might be helpful, if only just to confirm that I'm not a horrid tenant! Heh.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:25 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,801,905 times
Usually the best way to leave a place is clean and as close to what you saw when you moved in. Decent landlords expect to paint in between tenants and to do a general amount of cleaning.

I will post pics as soon as I download them. This way hopefully people will see how not to leave a place.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:27 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,610,392 times
Why is it so many tenants remove the interior doors?

Old 02-15-2011, 07:56 AM

232 posts, read 1,653,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
As it applies to me: when we moved in, one of the closet doors in the master bedroom was unhung and just propped against the wall next to the closet. These are folding type doors for a non-walk in closet. We tried to rehang the door, could not do it, requested maintenance fix the door, it never happened. So that door has not been put up and has been sitting in the corner of the closet since move-in, and that is how it will remain at move-out.

It could be that some people remove doors to get furniture (couches) in, but I don't know why the door would not be replaced. And I can't imagine removing an internal door if the external is fine.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I did remove the one interior door I have (I live in a 1 bedroom) and replaced it with a nice double curtain with a pretty design on it (meant to replace doors). It's personal taste for me, nothing more

However, I did wrap the door in plastic, duct taped it to make it water/weather tight and put it in the shed so no damage would occur.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:05 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,287,707 times
I'd love to see the pics. I've lived in 5 apartments in he last 12 years and I've never lost a penny of security deposit. I don't see what the trouble is in not being a slob and cleaning the place when you leave.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:51 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,627,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster2008 View Post
I'd love to see the pics. I've lived in 5 apartments in he last 12 years and I've never lost a penny of security deposit. I don't see what the trouble is in not being a slob and cleaning the place when you leave.
I rented a guest home for several years from a friend who also rented out rooms in his homes and rooms in other homes he owned.

You never would guess what slobs some people are until you see their aftermath. Its beyond ridiculous actually.

Basically, if your co-worker is a slob at work, imagine what they are like in the privacy of their own home.

When some people say they want to rent so that they wont have any responsibility, they are often not joking...even to the point that they never vacumn their place, take out the trash, clean up spills, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting