Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 05:30 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,620,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster2008 View Post
I'd love to see the pics. I've lived in 5 apartments in he last 12 years and I've never lost a penny of security deposit. I don't see what the trouble is in not being a slob and cleaning the place when you leave.
You've just been lucky. My first apartment my landlord wrote me the check without even walking back into the apartment because she trusted me and loved me as a tenant the place I rented after that sucked, the landlords sucked too and nickle and dimed me for all of half of my deposit even though my mom helped me clean and we had it in better shape then before I moved in! I think a lot of times it also depends on what kind of landlords you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 05:34 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,636,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Why is it so many tenants remove the interior doors?
We lived in a unit once where the best place for the litter box was a small linen closet in the bathroom. It was a swing door rather than a bifold, and when left open it really ate up a lot of the very limited floorspace and was somewhat dangerous as you could easily walk into the open door. Obviously if the door was closed the cats could not reach their litter. So we took it off the hinges, put the screws in a small bag looped around the doorknob, and stored it in a closet. Of course we also reinstalled the door as part of our move-out cleaning and repairs, and yes for the record - I gave that closet extra cleaning attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting