Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 07:52 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,568,470 times

Advertisements

[quote=allenk893;13972887]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post

I don't understand it. Why is it that everytime a scientist publishes an article of a new discovery of how humans came to be or a new discovery of potential life on Mars, everyone quickly agrees and says omg that's amazing. But as soon as something like this comes about with religious background, there's always someone screaming "It's a fake!"?

How about a lack of evidence and a preconceived agenda from the religious claiming there "facts"? You think that may have something to do with it?

Old 05-01-2010, 07:57 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,568,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
WTH?! Ok weirdness with the feces crap. I have not now or ever tried to cure myself by going to a priest or church and trying to do that whole ritual thing. I have always visited the doctors no matter what or how bad my injury was. In my belief and opinion, God made people. And he also gave them the education to medicate as well. It's up to us to go and get that help! The only thing is I would pray to stay alive when I get whatever medication or surgery I get!
So you would "pray" to something that you have never seen, had solid evidence of or seen true attributal actions of. Yet you claim to believe in such an entity. Can you say BS?

Old 05-01-2010, 08:22 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,684,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
From the link:

I thought it was nearly a year?? Whoops!

Yeah! Well you would believe that.
There you have it.

That's what happens with hoaxes.
Now I wonder why.

Indeed!

Didn't they say the place was inaccessible?

So he goes to a two-bit evangelical mission in China rather than a reputable scientific organisation that would, no doubt, expose him within an hour of arriving at the site.

....a lot of 'if's' in there.

Quite

Yeeeeesssss! Wouldn't it just.

'Scientists' from the Creation Research Institute no doubt.

HOGWASH!!
Nicely done!! But sadly, Campbell will just ignore these points. I cant debate with him anymore, he is not willing to see the facts.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:14 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,507,311 times
I spent all that time writing up a detailed debunking of the Ark itself, and provided a nice handy link to Thunderf00t's excellent refutation of why the flood could not have happened, and Campbell still goes around spewing his trash. Amazing.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:17 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,979,769 times
[quote=Arjay51;13986935]
Quote:

More proof of your tunnel visioned bias. Proof has been presented to you time and again as to the falsehood of your claims. You just refuse to consider it in you excitement that someone else may support your idiotic position.

As for to many accounts to ignore, that would give even you a clue. This "ark" has been found countless times in different places. Because you choose to believe one version versus all the rest would prove you to be so ignorant that you are dismissed out of hand. Selective belief is no belief at all.

Your myth has been throughly debunked, yet you in your narrow little unreal world are intent on believing your own falsehoods. The only ones lying here are the ones support and, of course, you.

There is only one real Ark of Noah. So your assumption that it has been found in many places is false. Also, the Bible has only given us one location for the Arks existance, and that would be on the highest peak of the mountians of Ararat. And that rules any other place. Only the ignorant could ignore the writings of Josephus, Marco Polo, and a host of others which speak of the Arks reality. And without any scientific review, there is no way the story of the Ark could be debunked. And only a closed minded believer in evolution could suggest such.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
I spent all that time writing up a detailed debunking of the Ark itself, and provided a nice handy link to Thunderf00t's excellent refutation of why the flood could not have happened, and Campbell still goes around spewing his trash. Amazing.

And yes, there were those who spent a great deal of time debunking King David as well. And yet, historical discovery proved them wrong. And as it turned out, it was the debunkers that were spewing trash. Do you always ignore Biblical truth? Do you always ignore personal eyewitiness accounts?

Old 05-01-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Nicely done!! But sadly, Campbell will just ignore these points. I cant debate with him anymore, he is not willing to see the facts.

Most scientist would not search for the Ark in the first place, because they do not believe in it's existance. And we have waited for over 60 years for one to do a scientific review of the El Toro figurines. Why is that? I guess if you just ignore evidence, you don't have to consider it. And then you can say it's all fake from your armchair. I'm not the one ignoring the facts here. And that is why we can't get a scientific revew of the Ica burial stones, or the Delk Track. It is science that is ignoring the evidence. At least the Christians are going the extra mile trying to get science to get off their sorry rears an consider something other then their theories of assumption. Yet they avoid this evidence. WHY?

Old 05-01-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Most scientist would not search for the Ark in the first place, because they do not believe in it's existance. And we have waited for over 60 years for one to do a scientific review of the El Toro figurines. Why is that? I guess if you just ignore evidence, you don't have to consider it. And then you can say it's all fake from your armchair. I'm not the one ignoring the facts here. And that is why we can't get a scientific revew of the Ica burial stones, or the Delk Track. It is science that is ignoring the evidence. At least the Christians are going the extra mile trying to get science to get off their sorry rears an consider something other then their theories of assumption. Yet they avoid this evidence. WHY?
Yes Campbell you keep telling yourself that. Sorry cannot have a discussion with you anymore, lost cause.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
It is too scary for him to realize the truth of things, would go against everything he needs to believe in. Sad really. You did a great job though.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yes Campbell you keep telling yourself that. Sorry cannot have a discussion with you anymore, lost cause.
Well you can't have a discussion with me anymore, only because you can't defend your position. And can you tell me, where is the scientific review for the Ica Burial stones, or the Delk Track, or the El Toro figurines? We Christians have been waiting years for your scientific wonders to show us the error of our way. LOL

Anyone who can deny evidence without proof, are the real lost causes. And that is the kind of scientific B.S. I oppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.