Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 03:06 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,981,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Disproven by who? Man?
Yes, using the very same science that you trust so implicitly when you fly in aircraft, drive your car, use your computer, use your microwave, use your mobile phone Moderator cut: deleted as rude

Last edited by june 7th; 05-02-2010 at 04:24 PM..

Old 05-02-2010, 03:09 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,981,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
As I said, it would take train loads of wood to build something of this size. No doubt billions of dollars to construct all of this under deep ice, and two and a half miles up on Mt. Ararat. There is a time in ones life when you have to draw simple conclusions. And (if,) this vessel is really there. Who would have this kind of money? Who could build all of this in one year? And how could they of constructed it, without anyones knowledge? I believe it, because this is the same mountain that for years, people have claimed to of seen the Ark of Noah. And the Bible tells us, this is the mountain were the Ark of Noah landed. Time alone will reveal the truth of the discovery. And if their story is honest, then the Bible has been speaking the truth. I find it hard to believe, that Turkish officials have confirmed their findings, unless those officials were confident of the truth of their account. I guess all of us, will just have to wait and see.
You've rather changed your tune old boy. For the past few moths you have insisted that it IS there, now you say "if" it's there.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:28 PM

7,749 posts, read 12,715,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yes, using the very same science that you trust so implicitly when you fly in aircraft, drive your car, use your computer, use your microwave, use your mobile phone Moderator cut: Orphaned
I'm sorry. You don't understand my point of view because you don't share my religious beliefs so I could never explain to you fully my feelings. However when I say disproven by man. That's not to disrespect the scientist that have made all this technology happen for mankind. I love it. I respect them time and time again for all of it. But from my religious point of view, God gave us that knowledge and he gave us everything under the Sun as well. There is a Bible scripture alot of us Christians go by.

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8

And I live by that.

Last edited by june 7th; 05-02-2010 at 04:25 PM..

Old 05-02-2010, 03:45 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,023,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
As I said, it would take train loads of wood to build something of this size. No doubt billions of dollars to construct all of this under deep ice, and two and a half miles up on Mt. Ararat. There is a time in ones life when you have to draw simple conclusions. And (if,) this vessel is really there. Who would have this kind of money? Who could build all of this in one year? And how could they of constructed it, without anyones knowledge? I believe it, because this is the same mountain that for years, people have claimed to of seen the Ark of Noah. And the Bible tells us, this is the mountain were the Ark of Noah landed. Time alone will reveal the truth of the discovery. And if their story is honest, then the Bible has been speaking the truth. I find it hard to believe, that Turkish officials have confirmed their findings, unless those officials were confident of the truth of their account. I guess all of us, will just have to wait and see.
And yet,in the end,we have Christian ark explorers saying this is a hoax.And your best response is,well,they're just full of sour grapes.LOL!Which just goes to show that you will disbelieve anything that goes against your preconceived and unscientific ideas,even if the source is another Christian scientist who actually believes in the ark.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Disproven by who? Man? If you claim your a Christian, you wouldn't be so concerned with "mans' findings. The Bible says otherwise so I don't know what else to tell ya. We're not gonna agree so let's just leave it there.
LMAO! You will depend upon "man's science" to check out the ark,as long ,I guess,as they are evangelical Christian scientists,and then should they proclaim the ark true due to "man's science" you will all run back here and trumpet that SCIENCE has proven it to be the ark.But when "man's science" shows it to be a hoax then suddenly "man's science" sucks.

Where I come from we call that being a hypocrite.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
LMAO! You will depend upon "man's science" to check out the ark,as long ,I guess,as they are evangelical Christian scientists,and then should they proclaim the ark true due to "man's science" you will all run back here and trumpet that SCIENCE has proven it to be the ark.But when "man's science" shows it to be a hoax then suddenly "man's science" sucks.

Where I come from we call that being a hypocrite.
Read my other post on page 28. Your a little late.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Read my other post on page 28. Your a little late.
Not at all my friend.You yourself said that you wouldn't be concerned with man's findings.So it seems you are rather confused in your intent.Will you believe "man's science" if it shows this to be a hoax,or will you reject "man's science because it disagrees with what you wish to believe?

Old 05-02-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Not at all my friend.You yourself said that you wouldn't be concerned with man's findings.So it seems you are rather confused in your intent.Will you believe "man's science" if it shows this to be a hoax,or will you reject "man's science because it disagrees with what you wish to believe?
Listen son, I will believe whatever is proof when the scientific test are done. Period. When I say I don't trust in man, I don't trust in them fully. I have never fully believed any new scientific study or test result published until I have researched it myself. I don't know how people can just believe everything science tells them as if there is a scientific explanation for everything which you know full well there isn't. I listen to both sides. I listen to my intuitive, skeptical, analytical side and I also listen to what the Lord shows me and tells me by faith. And I just refuse to ever listen to just scientist and act like their answer and their way is the exact and right thing.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:16 PM

7,628 posts, read 11,032,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You've rather changed your tune old boy. For the past few moths you have insisted that it IS there, now you say "if" it's there.
Rafius, I know the Ark is there. The question is? Are these people telling us the truth? I really don't know these folks. Yet I like you, am willing to wait for the evidence. I would find it hard to believe, that they have set themselves up for the scorn to come, if they have been lying. I really can't see into their minds, nor do I have any special powers of preception that would give me a leg up here. Yet at this point, I do believe they are speaking the truth. My first post on their discovery came out about a week ago. And everything I have looked at up to this time, only confirms in my own mind, that they really have found the Ark of Noah.
And only if the Turkish officials, and the six members of this group suddenly reveal themselves to be all bold face liars, could I dismiss what they say they have discovered . I have come across a few real liars in my time. Yet finding that many people willing to lie for nosense, especially when their lie would soon be revealed, would be a rare occurrence I believe.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:24 PM

Hey who deleted page 29?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality