Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 06:15 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Your a smart alleck....So you will recieve appropiate attention........

I have trouble with your posts my friend, the interesting thing is that I overlook the reasons.

Are you not the individual that promotes drug use with regards to research
in heightened levels of conscious awareness ?

You have made scarry observations with respects to a drug...I forget the name of it .

Are you straight, or addicted to something ? Whats the deal ?

You know what I'm talking about and I spent alot of time trying to follow your analogys only to be disappointed to find assertions grounded in
.......................DRUG USE...............
Don't ask me to waste my time looking for this stuff all over again

To stay on topic....you know when you believe in God when you die and can "objectively for the first time"..... give overview to your life. Its as simple as that.

Now why doesn't everyone start adding a bunch of freaky concepts with freaky illogical phrases and words so they can look important for the first time in their freaky life.

Like I said in my earlier posts, most things in life can be explained in a simplistic manner. Ego gets in the way and insecure people try to impress with their illogical mumble jumble.
Whoa . . . chill. It seems you mistake me for someone else too. I have never used drugs of any kind that weren't prescribed by a medical doctor for some illness. I am a teetotaler (no alcohol) and I would NEVER suggest anyone use a drug to raise your consciousness . . . you lose conscious control and that is too risky. It seems we both are victims of mistaken identity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 07:42 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Whoa . . . chill. It seems you mistake me for someone else too. I have never used drugs of any kind that weren't prescribed by a medical doctor for some illness. I am a teetotaler (no alcohol) and I would NEVER suggest anyone use a drug to raise your consciousness . . . you lose conscious control and that is too risky. It seems we both are victims of mistaken identity.
Ok , well then I have to retract statement ...it must have been someone else.......went jogging or would have seen to this without delay...
Apologies.....

I will say that I am sick and tired of people saying they do not understand what others say.....
Its like the relationship threads with the women who don't like how things unfold so they simply remark.....
Oh, is english your first language, I don't understand what your saying...

Funny how people don't understand what your saying but have no intrest in , clarification, reference , ect ect ect ect ect.

So most important..do not want to cast suggestions on another which are
mis aligned due to confusion with another member which drove me up the wall with some kind of drug application.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
I'm trying to get a better relationship with God, but I'm not sure if I believe in Him totally or not.

Sometimes I do, but other times I'm not so sure. I'm not saying I don't believe in Him AT ALL.. I mean I pray to him, and read my spiritual books, but sometimes it's just hard for me to believe

So, how do you know if you believe in God or not?

And for the Non-God Believers: What makes you believe in science, or whatever you believe in?
Do u feel sensitive to sin?.!!.?? when u sin. do u feel guilt or ashamed?. if i ever have any question i always pray and go back to the bible for God to talk back 2 me!. so lets look at the story of Adam and Eve. if u read in Genisis chapter 3. When God told them not 2 eat of every tree of the garden. and the serpent tricked Eve into eating the fruit, and gave to Adam and he ate. then u read verse 7. "and the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked"..repeat that again. and their eyes were opened!. and they realized that they were naked!!. weird that they didnt realize that before. and right after they ate the fruit they sewed fig leaves and made aprons and hid from God in the garden because they were ASHAMED of their sin!. My point is: when u sin. r u sensitive about it?. if u are. then u know that Gods spirit is in u!. and when u sin, u hide from God beacause ur ashamed!. if u sin and it just seems like its something normal 2 u. then u know Gods spirit is not living in u. DOES THAT SCARE U!?. that would scare me!. but God today is still the same as always. and is waiting for u 2 call on Him. and any1 who does. He will enter and live in their heart!. and when He does. You wont be asking yourself if u believe or not. YOU WILL KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE!! just PRAY, READ they Bible. and BELIEVE!! read Hebrews 11:1 "now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"

Old 09-18-2010, 03:58 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey3000 View Post
Do u feel sensitive to sin?.!!.?? when u sin. do u feel guilt or ashamed?. if i ever have any question i always pray and go back to the bible for God to talk back 2 me!. so lets look at the story of Adam and Eve. if u read in Genisis chapter 3. When God told them not 2 eat of every tree of the garden. and the serpent tricked Eve into eating the fruit, and gave to Adam and he ate. then u read verse 7. "and the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked"..repeat that again. and their eyes were opened!. and they realized that they were naked!!. weird that they didnt realize that before. and right after they ate the fruit they sewed fig leaves and made aprons and hid from God in the garden because they were ASHAMED of their sin!. My point is: when u sin. r u sensitive about it?. if u are. then u know that Gods spirit is in u!. and when u sin, u hide from God beacause ur ashamed!. if u sin and it just seems like its something normal 2 u. then u know Gods spirit is not living in u. DOES THAT SCARE U!?. that would scare me!. but God today is still the same as always. and is waiting for u 2 call on Him. and any1 who does. He will enter and live in their heart!. and when He does. You wont be asking yourself if u believe or not. YOU WILL KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE!! just PRAY, READ they Bible. and BELIEVE!! read Hebrews 11:1 "now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"
No, and no again.

Feelings of sensitiveness, shame, guilt, are nothing to do with the theological explanation of 'sin' but everything to do with evolved instincts, social mores and indoctrinated taboos and they are all open to reconsideration. Going to the Bible for clarification is not only counter- productive but hypocritical as we find a lot of stuff that we should not approve of, which the believers then have to explain away as 'that was men not God', or 'it doesn't actually mean what it seems to mean' or just brazen it out 'Who are you to criticize God?'

Yes, if you get into the Faith posture, whether through a love - bombing session in your local chapel or through a variant of Pascal's wager or some other evangelical package, yes, you can get this wonderful sense of dumping all your problems and responsibilities onto someone else and persuade yourself that you are important to the most important being in the universe and why - you may be a miserable sinner but now you are forgiven, you are actually better than all those unbelievers.

It's a heady package but it's brainwashing.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:43 PM

229 posts, read 416,634 times
You know you believe in God when after you let a dump, you look in the toilet and OMG!! It looks like Mother Teresa!

Old 09-30-2010, 03:21 PM

223 posts, read 269,035 times
I felt God's hand touch me as a child. Later the cops said it was my uncle. He's in jail now finishing off a 22 year sentence.

That aside, looking to yourself to find God in the Christian sense is perfectly valid. Atheism is a new religion in my book. It's skepticism pushed too far into the wings of what conventional skepticism is. Skepticism questions your right to knowledge. To any knowledge about anything. You can't be absolutely certain about anything. You can't be certain for instance that a spoon is not a carrot. You cannot know with 100% certainty that you're even awake and not in a very lucid dream. You cannot absolutely know that there is no God. You can't absolutely know that there is either. Agnosticism is a healthy world view. It's the view that says keep wondering with an open mind, and if you let it, God will find its way into your heart and mind and body. Either that or your Uncle will.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:12 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank316 View Post
I felt God's hand touch me as a child. Later the cops said it was my uncle. He's in jail now finishing off a 22 year sentence.

That aside, looking to yourself to find God in the Christian sense is perfectly valid. Atheism is a new religion in my book. It's skepticism pushed too far into the wings of what conventional skepticism is. Skepticism questions your right to knowledge. To any knowledge about anything. You can't be absolutely certain about anything. You can't be certain for instance that a spoon is not a carrot. You cannot know with 100% certainty that you're even awake and not in a very lucid dream. You cannot absolutely know that there is no God. You can't absolutely know that there is either. Agnosticism is a healthy world view. It's the view that says keep wondering with an open mind, and if you let it, God will find its way into your heart and mind and body. Either that or your Uncle will.
Some one had to tell us the spoon is not a carrot.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:31 AM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Default How do you know when you believe in God?

How do you know when you believe in God?

If you have to ask this . . . you probably don't.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:25 AM

595 posts, read 762,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
I'm trying to get a better relationship with God, but I'm not sure if I believe in Him totally or not.

Sometimes I do, but other times I'm not so sure. I'm not saying I don't believe in Him AT ALL.. I mean I pray to him, and read my spiritual books, but sometimes it's just hard for me to believe

So, how do you know if you believe in God or not?

And for the Non-God Believers: What makes you believe in science, or whatever you believe in?
Very good topic CHICAGOLAND92!

1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
Romans 6:9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.
Romans 8:28 [ More Than Conquerors ] And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, [ Some manuscripts And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God] who [ Or works together with those who love him to bring about what is good—with those who] have been called according to his purpose
2 Corinthians 5:1
[ Our Heavenly Dwelling ] Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.
1 Thessalonians 1:4
For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you
1 John 2:5
But if anyone obeys his word, God's love [ Or word, love for God] is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him
1 John 3:10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.
1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
1 John 4:13 We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

By the Spirit of Christ, we know. This is the promised gift to all those who believe in Christ and one can pray for the Holy Spirit to give wisdom of the heart and mind. In Jesus Name. Amen.

In Christ's Glory,
God Bless,
Mercy

Old 10-08-2010, 02:10 AM

3 posts, read 2,840 times
a very interesting question! but you know my answer would be: if you read His word, you reflect upon it, and most importantly, you apply to your everyday life what you have learned. Then you'll feel you become a believer. remember the song OBEDIENCE? it says there that obedience is the very best way to show that you believe.. hope you have learned thanks........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality