Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 02:09 PM

433 posts, read 966,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
you are wellcome

anyway , i was trying to motivate the people in this forum to find for me some errors from quran to refute me

it was kind of challenge , not more than that

but i'm happy that i made you laugh anyway
you silly silly man.
Cougar was being sarcastic. what you said about us not being able to find any muslims who would turn into Atheists because there is no reason for them to leave islam was silly and incorrect at best (i think there are several people who raised their hands including myself who were muslims but now are atheists).

Cougar was basically pointing out how silly and ridiculous your wrong claim was!

Wake up!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:22 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,850,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence-is-key View Post
you silly silly man.
Cougar was being sarcastic. what you said about us not being able to find any muslims who would turn into Atheists because there is no reason for them to leave islam was silly and incorrect at best (i think there are several people who raised their hands including myself who were muslims but now are atheists).

Cougar was basically pointing out how silly and ridiculous your wrong claim was!

Wake up!
I seriously don't know why the atheists insist to insult the religions and the believers........What for? if you don't like to understand their beliefs which are totally wrong and ridiculous for you, at least try to respect them as a human beings..................You can be an atheist and respectful in the meantime.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Mona View Post
I seriously don't know why the atheists insist to insult the religions and the believers........What for? if you don't like to understand their beliefs which are totally wrong and ridiculous for you, at least try to respect them as a human beings..................You can be an atheist and respectful in the meantime.
read the history and you'll understand that the claims 'ewill' made were ridiculous and wrong. There ARE muslims who are turned into Atheists once they 'realize' the BS they're made to believe. it's not a matter of respect. Frankly, i don't respect 'any' religion. I don't see a valid reason to do so! Religion is indeed poison! I will respect those 'believers' who are at least logical and rational but for whatever reason still believe in a higher power. i do 'not' respect those whose answers to everything is either "GOD" or "Scripture from God"!

Cheers!

Old 07-25-2009, 03:34 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,716,083 times
Quote:
He made a ridiculously untrue statement. When someone presents something on a forum as FACT, and they can't back it up, then they've opened themselves to criticism of their statement. It has nothing to do about insulting religions and beliefs -- I'm merely pointing out that he's completely wrong about there being NO Muslims who have seen the light and become atheists/agnostics.

So elwill...still don't believe there are any Muslims that have turned atheist? Think again! Here is a list of just a few PROMINENT ones that I know about:

Ibn Warraq -- atheist/agnostic
Dr. Parvin Darabi -- atheist
Dr. Taslima Nasrin -- atheist
Ali Sina -- atheist
Ayaan Hirsi Ali -- atheist
Mohammed Anwar Shaikh -- atheist
Dr. Wafa Sultan -- agnostic
Salman Rushdie -- atheist
Dr. Mohammed Younus Shaikh -- freethinker

Now what do you have to say to that?

Old 07-25-2009, 05:36 PM

320 posts, read 450,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence-is-key View Post
There ARE muslims who are turned into Atheists. Cheers!
Ive met some muslims who have turned christian and are Involved in the mainstream of christianity movement, whats up with that?

Old 07-25-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
Ive met some muslims who have turned christian and are Involved in the mainstream of christianity movement, whats up with that?
i'm not sure what you mean by "what's up with that". But that's even worse than sticking with islam in my opinion...and here's my reasoning.....in order to be a muslim (or any other religion), you must be naiive enough to believe a whole bunch of baseless stories as fact! in order to swich from one religion to another (ie. islam to christianity), you must be even MORE gullible....to actually be convinced that the BULL SPIT that you 'currently' believe in is BS and the other BULL SPIT someone else is advertising is the real truth! that just takes extreme stupidity in my opinion! lol

Old 07-25-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
It would good to know that in the heat of the moment, some people can still be civil, alot of the hostility on this thread is all without sound mind, people being self-righteous!

No one wants to be wrong so it seems!

Good that you stand up for human rights "New Mona" Everyone Deserves to be treated with respect.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:26 PM

Forget it "Evidence-is-key" there isn't any wisdom in your words, and I didnt attack you but only rebuked you for your attutude towards others!

Treat! others in the way you would want to be treated! and thats with respect to there views and beliefs!

Do have a good day!

Old 07-25-2009, 07:34 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,430,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i yes i said that his son was drowned , what's the problem ?
On a mountain, correct?

Old 07-25-2009, 07:35 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,430,904 times
Quote:
As soon as we non-Abrahamics are respected, we shall return that respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality