Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 10:53 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,461,769 times

Advertisements

You bring the popcorn, I'll bring the tequila. But I am afraid it will be a short show. One of the persons has forgotten to take their meds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 11:46 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,477,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Many, many people in this Nation can claim some ancestory from among the 1st Nations people.

You guys are missing the point. period.
Go back to my first reply to the original guy who boasted of his ancestry. It doesn't mean beans in this matter. We're all descended from Adam through Noah.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:59 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,975,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Go back to my first reply to the original guy who boasted of his ancestry. It doesn't mean beans in this matter. We're all descended from Adam through Noah.
And so did you. It wasn't a boast. It isn't my ancestry;it is who I am now. We aren't extinct culturally or physically ya know. I am protective of our culture and I do not like seeing nons telling us who we are and where we are from. We've had too much of that in the past from the missionaries and it's still going on. We have a right to be annoyed by it.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:08 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,061,416 times
Ramblin' rose, ramblin' rose
Why you ramble, no one knows
Wild and wind-blown, that's how you've grown
Who can cling to a ramblin' rose?

Ramble on, ramble on
When your ramblin' days are gone
Who will love you with a love true
When your ramblin' days are GONE

Old 08-04-2009, 12:16 AM

33,638 posts, read 37,321,773 times
Quote:
No we are not....We evolved the same way that every other living thing on this planet did...We are just another mammal, smarter than most, but with a gigantic ego. The story of Adam and Noah are just fabrications to feed that big ego, and make humankind seem special.....We are not that special.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
And so did you. It wasn't a boast. It isn't my ancestry;it is who I am now. We aren't extinct culturally or physically ya know. I am protective of our culture and I do not like seeing nons telling us who we are and where we are from. We've had too much of that in the past from the missionaries and it's still going on. We have a right to be annoyed by it.
Your ancestors got to the western continent after Babel's tower fell, after the language was confounded, when the /families tribes were scattered and the land mass was divided.
Your particular family/tribe may not have come early, but may be late comers, usurpers of the first to come after Babel. You don't have a timeline of your own history, and for all you know, your ancestors were stranded merchants from the last dark age, from Europe or Africa or Asia, who mixed with tribe/families.

You should read a bit of true 'history' -historical research books- about the Americas. The Chinese mapped the North American Continent millennia ago. Trade from the Nile came on merchant ships from Tarshish merchants millennia ago, to ancient cities long forgotten, whose sea port ruins now tell us about the ancient sea traders, which the Bible speaks of. North African merchants traveled to the western continents up to and after the Barbarian invasion in the 5th century. There's even an ancient record written by a priest in North Africa who paid for passage to the western continent after the barbarians destroyed his city, in the 5th century -and he returned and wrote the story later.

There are ancient Greek records [which I have read and would have to locate again] that tell of citizens emigrating to the western continents [Algonquin has lots of Greek words in it] and so many citizens were doing so, that the rulers made a ruling to limit emigration, lest their citizens all leave.
There have been great civilizations on the western continents since after Babel, which have fallen to ruins and been forgotten; until their ruins are found; like Psalm 9 speaks of. Even their kings' names have been forgot, and the remnants of their great peoples devolved, and began grubbing for a living, and had great set backs after they fell.

There are African Berbers alive today who can read ancient rock writings in the American west, which writings could not be decifered by the so called Smithsonian language experts, who called them 'curvilinear rock art drawings'; but the Berbers who know their ancient language can read them, and they say simple things like; "crush the head of all snakes"; and "watch out for scorpions", and other such things.
The fact is that the western continents have always had diverse tribes and diverse tongues [confounded from the one mother tongue, which has always branched out from the time of Babel, like a tree growing, to the many related languages of today], and you don't know when your particular ancestors arrived here, after Babel, nor what routes they took before they did get here, nor how many other families they may have displaced in wars after they did get here.

We all come from Noah's three sons, who formed the seventy nations/tribes/languages scattered out after Babel over all the land mass of this earth, which was then divided by God to what it is.

There are lots of true history books about America B.C. You should read some of them.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 08-04-2009 at 01:24 AM..

Old 08-04-2009, 10:44 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,975,921 times
Quote:
Your ancestors got to the western continent after Babel's tower fell, after the language was confounded, when the /families tribes were scattered and the land mass was divided.
We'll get back to the "land mass divided" bit in a second.

Quote:
You don't have a timeline of your own history,
We don't? Well I'll make sure to tell our elders that. Thank goodness we have people such as yourself to explain it to us. I shouldn't be suprised though...it's been going on since 1492.

Quote:
You should read a bit of true 'history' -historical research books- about the Americas.

- snip for brevity of a bunch of scientifically or archaeologically unfounded stuff -
Nope, I probably won't. Not into "secret histories" and conspiracies. It's just silly.

Quote:
Algonquin has lots of Greek words in it
I'll have ask some Algonquin speakers about that. I'll take their word for it before I'll believe any pseudo-historian or anthropologist.

Quote:
There have been great civilizations on the western continents since after Babel, which have fallen to ruins and been forgotten; until their ruins are found; like Psalm 9 speaks of.
Well of course the Mesoamerican cultures could't have figured these things out for themselves. They must have come from the Middle East....or aliens.

Quote:
and you don't know when your particular ancestors arrived here,
Thanks again for reminding me that I know nothing of my own people's history. I suppose our elders just made it all up.

Quote:
We all come from Noah's three sons, who formed the seventy nations/tribes/languages scattered out after Babel over all the land mass of this earth, which was then divided by God to what it is.
Nonsense and scientifically unfounded. Now, back to the division of the landmass. I posted this before and I will repeat it again:

Are you suggesting that the Pangea landmass (not to mention the super-continents that preceded and followed it) separated within just the last 6000 years or so? That mountain orogenesis occured "overnight" in a geological sense?

Geologists know that the continental plates move at an average of roughly 2-7 centimeters per year. So let's go high and say 7 cm/year. That's .00007 kilometers/year.

Now, for discussion and simplicity sake (plate tectonics is a way more complicated buisness than this), let's use the distance between Los Angeles and Beijing to determing how long it would take for the west coast of N. America to reach the east coast of Asia (just pretending for a second that they would go in a straight line). That distance is 10069 km.

So, using the good old rate * time = distance formula

.00007 (km/year) * time (years) = 10069 (km)

time (years) = 10069 km/.00007 km/year

time = 143,842,857 years (I rounded off the decimal)

So, we're roughly talking 144 MILLION years.

Now let's go the other direction, remembering we are simplifying things. We know that South America and Africa were attached at one point then separated. Let's use the current distance between Recife, Brazil and Yaounde, Camaroon for reference (5,320 km). Assuming, once again, that the plates shifted in a straight line, it took South America 76 MILLION years to reach it's current position.

For the continental plate to move a similar distance (10,096 km) in 6,000 years, they would have to be moving at a rate of 1.68 km/year or 1.04 miles/year! In my lifetime alone N. America would have shifted 46 miles west. I think we would notice that.

Sorry, it just doesn't work.

Now if you try to use the "maybe the plates moved faster back then" argument, well sorry, it doesn't work either. If they moved at the type of velocity people like you would suggest, even if Noah and the animals were a true story, they would not have survived the geologic upheaval! Earthquakes off the Richter scale....massive vulcanism...weather patterns severely affected...nothing would survive. So you're only recourse is to give the supernatural argument which CANNOT be proven and is a matter of faith only...not fact!

Quote:
There are lots of true history books about America B.C. You should read some of them.
Nope...can't be bothered with something that is on the same scholarship level with Chariots of the Gods. But you have fun and believe what you will.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:50 AM

4,275 posts, read 5,431,710 times
Quote:
Horse crap, on both counts.

Once again you've been shown to be unreliable and have no credibility.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:29 PM

[quote=Fullback32;10104505]
The study of ancient languages and their alphabets links Greek, Egyptian, Celtic, Libyan, and many, many more to the multitudes of diverse tribes in the western continents.
You might be interested in actual research for yourself, or you can remain ignorant of the diffusion of the peoples over the earth.
Home

All languages go back to the one edenic mother tongue, which was divided into seventy tongues at Babel, and which have branched out to more than 5,000 languages all from that one mother tongue. Languages are still 'changing', but they all go back to one mother tongue, and root etymons of all words in all languages can still be traced back to the mother tongue by persons who make that their life's interest, and work at it. One man doing that is Isaac Mozeson

About Isaac Mozeson

An appendix in Barry Fell's book, Saga America; "The Language of Plutarch's Greeks", dips into the Greek in the northeast dialects of Algonquin. There is a chart on page 399 of English/Greek/Algonquin, which shows Greek-Algonquin connection.

Quote:
Egypto-Libyan Presence (http://www.midwesternepigraphic.org/egypt01.html - broken link)
[SIZE=2]Egyptian, Punic, Celtic, and Libyan sometimes occur together in America--occasionally with Greek and/or Iberic. Languages comprising Algonquin appear together at numerous sites--two or more at a time--in an Egypto-Libyan-Punic context, most notably Burrows Cave, potsherds from whose top silt--evidently the latest phase before sealing--fall borderline Woodland/Early Mississippian, contemporary with the sudden rise of Cahokia not far west, the likely cause of sealing/abandonment c 800 AD. Chief Brown confided to Mahan that the Shawano never told the Creeks the secret of this Skillet-Fork cave's existence though admitting them to the confederation. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Gloria Farley detected the Egyptian day/night-balancer cemetery-god Anubis with flail rising on his back in the Oklahoma-panhandle Anubis Cave (where his name was written Inpu, the Egyptian form) and a Libyan- script/Celtic-ogam/Egyptian-hieroglyphic trilingual equinoctial inscription. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Below the Saharan Fezzan of far-SW Libya, where dwelt Carthaginian Garantes allies, reliefs like several Gloria found along the Cimarron River stretch complete with horse, spear-bearer, Tanit, and Libyan ogam [Farley, ESOP 3(2), #69 (1976) and 8(2), #198 (1980), 157-161; Fell 3(2), #76 (1976)]. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Such evidence multiplies consistently, distantly, overwhelmingly. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] WHILE TRANSOCEANIC VOYAGES took place in remote times, none that any evidence warrants emanated from the Mediterranean Sea with Nile antecedents before the instigating of the dreadful upheaval of the late-13th to early-10th centuries BC, when the Achaian, Hittite, and Egyptian empires disintegrated during a protracted drought concurrent with floods to the north that drove hordes of people south from the Danube--when city-destruction, chaos, plague, and piracy reigned, folk-wanderings changed the map, and depopulation ran to 80%. Not for nothing did this composite Trojan-War event obsess the Classical mind. [/SIZE]

Old 08-04-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
We'll get back to the "land mass divided" bit in a second.
Now, back to the division of the landmass.
Genesis chapter 1, day 3: the waters were gathered together in one place and the dry land appeared.

Genesis 1:9,10,13 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry [land] appear: and it was so. And God called the dry [land] Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that [it was] good...
And the evening and the morning were the third day.

One land mass in the beginning.

Book of Jasher 7

After the flood, and after the division of the tongues at the tower of Babel, the tribes scattered over the earth, the earth was divided, and the lives of the human race was shortened. This all happened over the time span of the two sons of Eber, -not in one day, but in the days of the lives of Peleg and Yoktan, these things happened.

Jasher chapter 7:19 These are the generations of Shem; Shem begat Arpachshad and Arpachshad begat Shelach, and Shelach begat Eber and to Eber were born two children, the name of one was Peleg, for in his days the sons of men were divided, and in the latter days, the earth was divided. And the name of the second was Yoktan, meaning that in his day the lives of the sons of men were diminished and lessened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality