Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 06:08 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,113,732 times

Advertisements

I will post this again so that everyone has a chance to shoot an answer out at me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
So, you got your bible out?
good...

Now open it up to the first part , and the story of genesis.
You there?...
good.

Now what we all want to do first is find out what the bible says is the first thing God made in the beginning and while we are at it, compare this answer to what science teaches was the first thing (or things) that were made?

So what does the text say?

(Not what do you think it means, lets just stick with what the text says)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 06:08 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,426,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
And that is your loss.

No, the sun is not a nuclear reactor. It is a created light refractor, and the ancients said it is built of [rock] crystal [tesselated, says Enoch], and it is the place where God set His created temple for His created throne in the created heaven; and that is Bible doctrine; "in the sun hath He set His tabernacle".
I wrote this on another board, about the Bible doctrine of the temple of YHWH set in the sun, which is where Jesus Christ sits on His throne, today, too];
People said the earth was flat once too.

We KNOW for a fact what the sun is.

It is not rock and it is not "crystal".

If you christ sits on anything there, he is burning in a pure hell of hydrogen fuled nucelar fire.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:09 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,707,480 times
Quote:
The sun is not the light source, but is a light refractor, as the stars are.
The light which was spoken into existence on day 1 is not the sun, nor the moon, nor the stars. The sun which was created on day 4 refracts the created light which was created on day 1.
The sun doesn't make light?!! Do you understand what the word REFRACT even means? Look it up, I beg you, before you make yourself seem any more ignorant (though I don't see how that's possible).

Old 07-26-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
before you make yourself seem any more ignorant.
too late!

I have no clue what faith that guy is, but it's not the christian faith.

my guess is that there are lots of guys out there on the internet that dream up stuff and call it "Christian truth',when it's just something they pulled out of some place hard to reach.

I can only give a Christian point of view...
for a different point of view we may have to sit and wait for the next time Yeshuasavedme beams down....LOL

Old 07-26-2009, 06:16 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,471,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I'll cover your six, san.

The sun's a giant crystal? This is too rich to let slip on by. And just when I was going to retire...

Let's have a go. It could keep my mind off my arthritis for a few more weeks...

The sun's just a refractor crystal? All the stars are? Using what source of light?

Oh my lord. We're doomed!
It isn't so very giant. The light refracts greatly from it, refracting the light which God called into existence on day 1. You can see the light every day, preceding the sun's rise, which sun governs it. Look at the dawn -that's His light coming round.

I'm sorry about your arthritis. Jesus could heal you of it if you sought Him and humbled yourself before Him and asked Him to have such mercy on you,

When I first noticed God's language on describing the sun as the place where He had set His tabernacle, and saw so many corroborating Scriptures, and saw how Enoch described his visit to the 'tessellated crystal' temple, then I went searching for ancient understandings of where the created temple of God was understood to be, for all men once knew God; and just about 4700 or so years ago all our ancestors stepped off the boat with the knowledge of God and of advanced technology such as we have not yet come back to, because of the confounding of our tongue at Babel to keep us from doing whatever our evil imaginations think up, before God's plan for getting sons by adoption, from fallen Adam, is completed.

"The Crystal Sun" by Robert Temple is one book I found interesting, and you may, also. But don't worry, he is not a born again in Christ Bible believing Christian, and at least it may take your mind off your arthritis, if you don't plan to seek Jesus about it and be healed, so as to enjoy life again. Welcome to the home of Robert Temple - The Crystal Sun - The Sirius Mystery

Old 07-26-2009, 06:18 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,426,648 times
Quote:
What God made on day 1...made on day 2...made on day 3...made on day 4 is all listed in Genesis. You got a problem with "God made" the sun, moon, and stars on day four, as it is written in the Word? -apparently you do have a problem with Bible language, and you make silly statements in light of the Truth, which slaps your doctrine down and shows your biblical ignorance.
That must be the New King James version you are reading...

Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earthâ€; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Easy to see how someone with reading comprehension difficulties could miss the fact that the "first great light" was the sun your scriptures claim he created on the first day. Key phrase your missing in your cherrypicking above "He made the stars also".

Here is the same passages from the "Standard American Bible", perhaps it'll clear things up for you...

14And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for(I) signs and for(J) seasons,[f] and for days and years, 15and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth." And it was so. 16And God(K) made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars. 17And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18to(L) rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day.

I just love having to teach the Bible to Christians.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:19 PM

33,623 posts, read 37,267,324 times
If you think that the sun is nothing more than a mirror, I'd sure like to know where you think all the life giving light and heat is coming from.

Every time I think I've heard every far fetched idea there is, I come across something like this.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
'tessellated crystal' temple,
Let me guess...you believe in UFOs too right?

I bet you do.
I bet your god fly's around in a UFO too...
I bet you also believe you have been on one....

Old 07-26-2009, 06:24 PM

sans....anyway...
while the foolishness of yeshuasavedme I admit is just so darn funny, I still will place my offer out there...I can wait if you want to first deal with that fool, but later I hope you get around to my post s too...

Old 07-26-2009, 06:25 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,471,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
The sun doesn't make light?!! Do you understand what the word REFRACT even means? Look it up, I beg you, before you make yourself seem any more ignorant (though I don't see how that's possible).
as pr the properties of rock crystal gathering in and refracting back out the light, yes -do you?
And no, the sun does not make light. It gathers in what is there and refracts it out, greatly.
God made the light on day 1 and stretched out the heavens, separating the waters on the created earth [and who knows the size of the greater earth, as pr YHWH's creation] by a firmament between them, and in that firmament He set the created sun, moon, and stars, which He made/created, on day 4.
That is Bible language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality