Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 AM

108 posts, read 175,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Do you seriously believe that every picture every artist draws is true to life? Because that's what you're implying here.

And please...other people have mentioned this before -- it's would HAVE, could HAVE, should HAVE. NOT "would of", et cetera.
I found The Proof Campbell34 needed.

Baby Deluxe Barney Costume

It clearly shows a transitional form between the dinos and early small humanoids!

(If our stubborn debator had found a drawing of this beast on a wall, what conclusions then?)

to kdbricks point about halfway from ape to man. Already found, many times over. You just won't see. The common ancestor? The monkeys.

It's amazing what you can't see when you are terrified!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,947,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I stated that dinosaurs died out after the flood. I never said they died out (SOON) after the flood.
It makes me wonder why you would use those sources if you didn't believe their claims. I mean one says that they lived for a couple of centuries after the flood and the other implies they lived for thousands of years after that. Heck, that sources says they couldn't adapt to the new enviroment so it would be impossible for them to survive for that long.

Quote:
I believe some dinosaurs were around perhaps 1,000 to 2,000 years ago. And there may be some in remote areas of the world today. I say that, becasue of the reports we get from those remote locations. If dinosaurs can be shown to of existed just in recent times, this would really put into question the whole theory of Evolution.
Um how exactly would it invalidate evolution?

Old 03-10-2009, 01:56 PM

3,012 posts, read 8,936,402 times
Quote:
I stated that dinosaurs died out after the flood. I never said they died out (SOON) after the flood. I believe some dinosaurs were around perhaps 1,000 to 2,000 years ago. And there may be some in remote areas of the world today. I say that, becasue of the reports we get from those remote locations. If dinosaurs can be shown to of existed just in recent times, this would really put into question the whole theory of Evolution.
Ooooh, okay. Why didn't you just say it was Why I Reject Evolution, Reason #24?

24.) Because Jesus totally rode around on a f*cking t-rex. He’s just that badassed. And also, did you know that t-rexes were vegetarians? Ken Ham says so and I believe it.

deviantART: Bobbie-the-Jean's Journal: 50 Reasons I Reject Evolution

Old 03-10-2009, 05:53 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,990,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Simple question, if Cambodians co-existed with stegosaurus, then why are there NO stegosaurus fossils found in Cambodia.

Cambodian Stegasaurus (http://fishheadsalad.com/tossing/steg/steg.htm - broken link)
The simple answer to that question is the fact that Cambodia is one of those very unexplored areas of the world. And a recent discovery in China has unearthed the world's largest shoulder fossil which came from a stegosaurus. China is not that far away from Cambodia, so it's not like such a dinosaur would not be found in that part of the world.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:15 PM

108 posts, read 175,667 times
I like the notes from Campbell34 about the "latest theory" about the mega-meteorite. Campbell, have you seen the evidence for that? when something that big hits the earth that fast, it micro-pulverizes the ground, which is of unique makeup as you'd expect for a particular location anywhere in the world. If it hit in the Sahara or The Canadian Shield, or the middle of the Pacific Ocean, or whatever, you'd get a "signature" micro-dust blown into the atmosphere.

Geologists had apparently just ignored that strange little mini-layer of dark dust built into many many locations all around the world as being unrelated to their particular research project until the larger theory, now proven, told them what it might be, and to look for it everywhere. They did; it is...

If you, Campbell, applied your peculiar brand of logic to this, and were given proven hands-on samples, from all over the world, analysed by various high-tech methods to be the exact same dust material, and that, everywhere it was exactly the same thickness, and was also the kind of dust that showed extreme heat during it's formation, and had traces of typical meteoric elements in it, and the material composition matched that of the Yucatan impact site, and that a lot of the samples were found overlaying the fossil remains of dinosaurs, please tell me which scary-hairy story you would tell to dis-repute it?

I mean, other than the obvious, that it was, in fact, the obvious result of a massive world-altering meteor impact. I understand why you can't even entertain such an obvious set of facts with even the slightest respect for the tens of thousands of objective scientists who have continued to uncover more and more evidence (it's now proof, actually) that this is, in fact, exactly what happened.

I also note that we have on hand, recorded in the ground on the Yucatan Penninsula, the absolute proof that something hit there of catastrophic proportions. A meteor. It can actually be seen now when viewed in the correct spectrum and with ground-penetrating radar.

Why wasn't this huge event mentioned in the bible? Shall I tell you. No, you know exactly why, but aren't honest enough to admit it because of the consequences to your ego.

"Latest theory" indeed. Why must you belittle everything that points away from your beloved but unprovable "theories"? I suppose that is a rhetorical question.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:33 PM

4,503 posts, read 6,333,455 times
Hey, I hate to burst your bubble guys but Campbell's right , yes, I know. Shocking as it may seem, I too have seen a relatively modern depiction of a Stegosaurus.....

Old 03-10-2009, 09:01 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,200,196 times
Quote:
The person who spoke to me informed me the need to pray for a job, and when I prayed as soon as I said the (A) of Amen the phone rang, and I got my job. How else could of done that? Another time that same person told me my wife was going to have a child, and four hours later my wife discovered she was pregnant. Who else could of done that?
Call me jaded from all the accusations of egotism, but I can't help but wonder, Cambell, why you think you're so special to God that His biggest concern is to answer a prayer of yours for a job before the prayer is even completed when there are millions on top of millions of babies dying, children starving, children being murdered, raped, beaten, orphaned, when there are homes burning, and just - let's say in general - bigger fish a supreme deity ought to be frying. Why were you the one so special that your job request came above and overtop of all those other needy people?

Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thotful1 View Post
I like the notes from Campbell34 about the "latest theory" about the mega-meteorite. Campbell, have you seen the evidence for that? when something that big hits the earth that fast, it micro-pulverizes the ground, which is of unique makeup as you'd expect for a particular location anywhere in the world. If it hit in the Sahara or The Canadian Shield, or the middle of the Pacific Ocean, or whatever, you'd get a "signature" micro-dust blown into the atmosphere.

Geologists had apparently just ignored that strange little mini-layer of dark dust built into many many locations all around the world as being unrelated to their particular research project until the larger theory, now proven, told them what it might be, and to look for it everywhere. They did; it is...

If you, Campbell, applied your peculiar brand of logic to this, and were given proven hands-on samples, from all over the world, analysed by various high-tech methods to be the exact same dust material, and that, everywhere it was exactly the same thickness, and was also the kind of dust that showed extreme heat during it's formation, and had traces of typical meteoric elements in it, and the material composition matched that of the Yucatan impact site, and that a lot of the samples were found overlaying the fossil remains of dinosaurs, please tell me which scary-hairy story you would tell to dis-repute it?

I mean, other than the obvious, that it was, in fact, the obvious result of a massive world-altering meteor impact. I understand why you can't even entertain such an obvious set of facts with even the slightest respect for the tens of thousands of objective scientists who have continued to uncover more and more evidence (it's now proof, actually) that this is, in fact, exactly what happened.

I also note that we have on hand, recorded in the ground on the Yucatan Penninsula, the absolute proof that something hit there of catastrophic proportions. A meteor. It can actually be seen now when viewed in the correct spectrum and with ground-penetrating radar.

Why wasn't this huge event mentioned in the bible? Shall I tell you. No, you know exactly why, but aren't honest enough to admit it because of the consequences to your ego.

"Latest theory" indeed. Why must you belittle everything that points away from your beloved but unprovable "theories"? I suppose that is a rhetorical question.
I believe that huge event is mentioned in the Bible, and I believe it was an Asteroid Impact that caused the flood of Noah. And the Bible also tells us, that near the time of the end, there will be another Asteroid Impact that will strike the sea. And this Asteroid Impact will be so powerful, it will destroy one third of the ships in that sea, along with one third of the marine life. Now how is it, that the Bible has knowledge of an Asteroid, and it's destructive power? Especially taking into consideration, that the existance of Asteroids would not be known for another 1700 years? The Bible also indicates this event would occur sometime after the Jewish people return from their worldwide exile, and have restablished themselves back in the land of Israel. And the Bible also tells us, this event would occur after they had already recapture Jerusalem. The Scriptures tells us, that when you see the Jewish people back in their land once again, this will all be in the later days, and the later years. The Bible has been telling you the truth all along. And it's predictions of the future are equally truthful.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:28 PM

33,623 posts, read 37,267,324 times
Quote:
I believe that huge event is mentioned in the Bible, and I believe it was an Asteroid Impact that caused the flood of Noah. And the Bible also tells us, that near the time of the end, there will be another Asteroid Impact that will strike the sea. And this Asteroid Impact will be so powerful, it will destroy one third of the ships in that sea, along with one third of the marine life. Now how is it, that the Bible has knowledge of an Asteroid, and it's destructive power? Especially taking into consideration, that the existance of Asteroids would not be known for another 1700 years? The Bible also indicates this event would occur sometime after the Jewish people return from their worldwide exile, and have restablished themselves back in the land of Israel. And the Bible also tells us, this event would occur after they had already recapture Jerusalem. The Scriptures tells us, that when you see the Jewish people back in their land once again, this will all be in the later days, and the later years. The Bible has been telling you the truth all along. And it's predictions of the future are equally truthful.
Oh really? You told me awhile ago that the flood was caused by rain plus the "fountains of the deep" opening up. As a matter of fact you were quite adamant about that position....Now you believe it was an asteroid? Do you tailor your response to suit the post you are replying to?.

Personally I think you know deep down that most of what you believe is fantasy, but just can't admit it. By the way can you show me where the word asteroid is mentioned in the bible...I don't seem to be able to find it.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
Call me jaded from all the accusations of egotism, but I can't help but wonder, Cambell, why you think you're so special to God that His biggest concern is to answer a prayer of yours for a job before the prayer is even completed when there are millions on top of millions of babies dying, children starving, children being murdered, raped, beaten, orphaned, when there are homes burning, and just - let's say in general - bigger fish a supreme deity ought to be frying. Why were you the one so special that your job request came above and overtop of all those other needy people?
There were millions of children dying in the day Jesus walked here on earth, yet He did not stop the killing back then, so why would He stop the killing today? The fact is, we are all born to die one way or another, and in the future there will only be one generation who will not die a natural death. However, God's message had to do not so much with the life we find ourselves in, but the life to come. God thinks anyone that loves him is special, because they are one of those who have reached out to Him. And Scripture tells us, that if we reach out to God, He will reach out to us. Every child that is killed is not forgotton by God. God knows them and He will preserve them.
God deals with each one of us a individuals. Even with the billions of people we see here on earth, God knows everyone of us. The problem is, most of the billions do not know God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality