Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2009, 04:52 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,945,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
At no time do I ever recall saying dinosaurs soon died out after the flood of Noah. Could you direct me to the post where you claim I made that statement?
Ancient artwork shows us that dinosaurs have been around in very recent times, a new and recent discovery at an ancient Cambodian temple shows us a stegosaurus carved in stone. Consider the link below.

Dinosaurs in ancient Cambodian temple
Here is one:

-The thread name was do you support evolution?
-Post 772:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Dinosaurs existed at the same time man lived on the earth, yet they died off after the flood. Ancient art has revealed that early man saw dinosaurs and that is why we see pictures of them in their art work.

The Bible and Dinosaurs
Evidence that Humans and Dinosaurs co-existed: Dinosaurs in the Bible
More specifically, you first link states:

Quote:
Why did dinosaurs become extinct? Some have suggested a great meteorite colliding with the earth killed all the dinosaurs (latest "theory"). In fact, there have been many guesses. The evolutionary scientists, for the most part, will not even consider the possibility that the Genesis flood caused the extinction of such large animals called dinosaurs by man. The Genesis' flood was the greatest disaster known to the earth. One would expect to find billions of dead creatures buried by water in mud and sand (now hardened to rock). Beloved, that is exactly what scientists find around the world. Thousands of dinosaur bones are found where they were deposited and washed together by violent floodwaters and buried under mud, sand, and rock. Hence, the fossil record that we have today. The ideal elements for fossilization are quick burial, the right amount of water, and the suitable materials. Such a global flood as is described in Genesis six through nine would have produced such fossils and in the same manner. Also, such fossilization would have taken a short time, instead of the millions of years as indicated by the stratum (normal processes). Dinosaurs probably lived only a few centuries after the flood, but simply did not survive. The postdiluvian world is a very different world and such animals as dinosaurs were probably unable to adapt. Man also has typically played a major role in the extinction of a species.
Different creationism websites will say different things and many discrepancies occur when you cross-reference their claims. Just out of curiosity, at what point do you personally believe dinosaurs died out?(if at all)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 07:27 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,985,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Here is one:

-The thread name was do you support evolution?
-Post 772:

More specifically, you first link states:

Different creationism websites will say different things and many discrepancies occur when you cross-reference their claims. Just out of curiosity, at what point do you personally believe dinosaurs died out?(if at all)
I stated that dinosaurs died out after the flood. I never said they died out (SOON) after the flood. I believe some dinosaurs were around perhaps 1,000 to 2,000 years ago. And there may be some in remote areas of the world today. I say that, becasue of the reports we get from those remote locations. If dinosaurs can be shown to of existed just in recent times, this would really put into question the whole theory of Evolution.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:45 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,932,114 times
Quote:
Well my link proves you are still ignoring evidence presented. And that is the only way you can believe what you do, by ignoring the obvious, and imbracing the obscure.
Do you seriously believe that every picture every artist draws is true to life? Because that's what you're implying here.

And please...other people have mentioned this before -- it's would HAVE, could HAVE, should HAVE. NOT "would of", et cetera.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
sorry but Incan Dinosaurs? LMAO ROFLMAO !!!!!!!

sorry.... (wipes tears from eyes)
Well before you laugh to much, check out the link on post (269). You will see a Stegosaurus carved in stone on an ancient Cambodian Temple. This is the kind of artwork that is appearing all over the world. And it displays a dinosaur that believers in Evolution will tell you died out 70 million years ago. If that were true, how is it then, that we see such art like this today from our recent ancient past? And this is the kind of evidence believers in Evolution close their eyes to.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Well before you laugh to much, check out the link on post (269). You will see a Stegosaurus carved in stone on an ancient Cambodian Temple. This is the kind of artwork that is appearing all over the world. And it displays a dinosaur that believers in Evolution will tell you died out 70 million years ago. If that were true, how is it then, that we see such art like this today from our recent ancient past? And this is the kind of evidence believers in Evolution close their eyes to.
Again, do you SERIOUSLY BELIEVE that every artist in the history of the world only drew things that actually happened or existed at the time they drew them? Reality check on Aisle 34 please.

It's called "artistic license" and it has existed since art itself was born! Geeze.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Do you seriously believe that every picture every artist draws is true to life? Because that's what you're implying here.

And please...other people have mentioned this before -- it's would HAVE, could HAVE, should HAVE. NOT "would of", et cetera.
The pictures of the stegosaurus found on Inca burial stones, and at the Cambodian Temple are true to life, and they were produced in a time when Dinosaurs were suppose to of been extinct for 70 million years. How was primitive man able to create such accurate art showing us these dinosaurs, when modern science was not even aware of their existance until recent times?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:14 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,704,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post

good thing it wasn't in comic book form.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,952,540 times
Quote:
At no time do I ever recall saying dinosaurs soon died out after the flood of Noah. Could you direct me to the post where you claim I made that statement?
Ancient artwork shows us that dinosaurs have been around in very recent times, a new and recent discovery at an ancient Cambodian temple shows us a stegosaurus carved in stone. Consider the link below.

Dinosaurs in ancient Cambodian temple

Simple question, if Cambodians co-existed with stegosaurus, then why are there NO stegosaurus fossils found in Cambodia.

Cambodian Stegasaurus (http://fishheadsalad.com/tossing/steg/steg.htm - broken link)

Old 03-10-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
The pictures of the stegosaurus found on Inca burial stones, and at the Cambodian Temple are true to life, and they were produced in a time when Dinosaurs were SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN (<---FIXED THAT FOR YA) extinct for 70 million years. How was primitive man able to create such accurate art showing us these dinosaurs, when modern science was not even aware of their existance until recent times?
First of all, the drawing on the rock is not a stegosaurus, it is a triceratops.

Secondly, primitive man was quite familiar with the fact that there are bones inside living creatures, and how those bones went together. Ergo, fossil + artistic primitive man = fairly accurate drawing of triceratops.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:34 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,704,608 times
I agree with Campbell. I saw a full fledged evidence of Cavemen with Dinosaurs just yesterday. Some caveman in an orange fur kept say Yabba Dabba Doo. And he rode a Brontosaurus at work that lifted boulders in its mouth. Since its filmed on tv and such clear artwork, then it must be real. Why else would they show it? They even had a little purple dinosaur for a pet that would knock the caveman down everytime he got home in his car made of rocks and wood. I'm sold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality