Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 PM

33,568 posts, read 37,182,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I think we Christian would come over to your side when you can produce hard evidence that would clearly show us that evolution really happened. Yet taking into consideration that you have stated the earth is millions of years old, we have millions of fossils showing us the past, and after over one hundred years or research, you have not been able to show us even one fossil showing us that clear evolution really happened. Just think about this for a second, we have millions of fossils, yet after millions of years, not even once do we see anything that shows clear evolution. Were talking about billions of chances of this occuring, and not one fossil found. How could this be? Can you really believe everytime evolution would be occuring, we some how just missed that chance to see this in the fossil record. Everytime? We have fossils of everything, we just never got a fossil showing evolution. Really, how many billions of times would evolution have occured over millions of years? And rats, we just missed it again. Maybe next time we will see it in the fossil record. That understanding shows me, that the whole belief in evolution is so far fetched, that you really do have to believe in fairy tales to embrace such a theory. We have such rotten luck, everytime there was a chance to see this evolution displayed, we just missed it.

This is like saying. Yeah, there is a bird that lives in my backyard birdhouse, and he has been there for years. Yet I never see him go in, and I never see him go out. And I'm in the backyard all the time. Yet I know he lives there. And none of my neighbors have seen him either. Yet we all believe he lives there. And why do you believe he lives there? Because science tells us he lives there. LOL
Everytime evolution is occurring? FYI....Evolution is always occurring, and has been observed.

Thanks for the laugh, but I have news for you, if you do not already know...Christians, most of them DO understand and accept the facts of evolution....There are just a few such as yourself that refuse to let go of the YEC myths that remain believing as you do, but their ranks are thinning fast.....Soon you'll be alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I re-post:

Page 4, Post # 140, 12:22 pm, 3-06-09.

Here they are. Dispute away. (slightly editted to simplify)

1. DNA absolutely records mutations within its unique structure. A mutation occurs during DNA/RNA transcription and it is thus encoded into the subsequent alleles & genotype, and thus affects all future phenotypes.

Agree / Disagree?

3. We have and can observe those important mutations. Proved. Observed. Documented.

Agree / Disagree?

4. Most of these mutations in DNA sequences are lethal, but not all. Some mean nothing, and a very few are positive. This is just logical, since they are, after all, by chance.

Imagine then the populations and mutatin' going on in the entire world's oceans back in the primordial days! Even today! Quadzillions! Bah-zillions! Per hour! Over billions and billions of years! Too complex? Too improbable? Hah!

Agree / Disagree?

BTW, for your general education, a "mutation" means, by definition, a simple alteration in the sequence of amino acids in the DNA. Say, instead of accurately replicating the existing string of DNA: AGCTTTAACAATCA, the RNA misreads it and commands the replacement duplicate string to be AGCTTTAAGAATCA. A simple little error, right? But it then affects, permanently, whatever protein that string was supposed to make. The result? Arthritis, sickle-cell anemia, Down's Syndrome, blonde hair instead of red, the ability to climb a tree slightly faster, etc. etc. Possibly lethal, but then that resulting organism dies quickly and doesn't reach sexual maturity and the bad gene doesn't get passed on. Only the neutral or beneficial. All so logical, wouldn't you agree?

Agree / Disagree?

5. When the DNA of an organism creates such occasional positive changes, they may very well confir a real advantage to that organism, and it thus takes advantage of that change (wouldn't you), and it's particular lineage is promoted at the possible expense of it's bretheren, or it simply moves into an entirely different niche. Simple & observed.

Agree / Disagree?

6. When enough of these changes have occurred (and they do, and are, every day in our world) the original organism starts to look different over a long period of time (never overnight, as idiots speculate dismissively), and laymen around the world agree that it's now "a new species".

Giraffe versus anteater or coyote or chimp or man). Vastly different "looks" are NOT, however, required to be called a new species. Other key elements may be in effect, but may not be visible. After all, neither you nor I can see the differences between a pertussis and an aureus bacterial species, now can we.

But I assure you, they're VERY different, now aren't they? And they're very real, if you've ever contracted either one. You can't deny that they exist or that they're different. But still, you can't see them. Easy naked-eye vis- or invis-ibility proves nothing, except to laymen.

Agree / Disagree?

Simple enough. Six simple questions, Plus one other I can't find right now. Just your thoughts on each of these six, point-form referenced, will do nicely. Which one(s) are inoperable, false or "the work of the "debil"?

Pray tell. And soon please; I fear our souls are at risk here!

I'm off to work now, building the devil's handtools (custom handguns and rifles!). I'll stop back in later for your thoughtful, honest answers, Tom. Have a good day.

Fear not The Truth! It doesn't bite! Yeah verily, it comforts!
I'll wager that this post will be either ignored, dismissed or deflected....Geez...perhaps I'm a prophet!

Old 03-08-2009, 01:37 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,521,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Evolutions obvious evidence? You guys kill me. I wish I had a nickel for everytime someone stated that here. The fact is, if Evolution were really true we would be observing millions of fossils that would show us this evolution in progress. Even Darwin himself stated, if his theory were true these fossils would be found. Yet after 100 years you got nothing. Yet in the same breath, you talk about obvious evidence? Give me a break. And I do believe in facts, and historical discovery is showing us that the Bible is a Book of facts, and is being proven to be accurate. Yet those facts are being ignored, because those facts do not agree with your worldview. So what you are doing, is ignoring Biblical proven truth, and embracing secular assumptions that are not supported by the fossil record. (WHAT TRANSIONAL FOSSIL RECORD?) Please, by all means, could you present to us these transional Fossils? I can't wait to see this one. LOL. And no more of those fakes from China, please, can you show us the real thing?

Have you ever studied genetics?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:33 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,977,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Everytime evolution is occurring? FYI....Evolution is always occurring, and has been observed.

Thanks for the laugh, but I have news for you, if you do not already know...Christians, most of them DO understand and accept the facts of evolution....There are just a few such as yourself that refuse to let go of the YEC myths that remain believing as you do, but their ranks are thinning fast.....Soon you'll be alone.
Well of course you are not aware of this, but the Bible states in 2 Timothy 4, verses 3, and 4. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, THEY WILL HEAP UP FOR THEMSELVES TEACHERS; AND THEY WILL TURN THEIR EARS AWAY FROM THE TRUTH, AND BE TURNED ASIDE TO FABLES. And that is why the Bible warns us to beware of science (falsely) so called. Science today is now teaching the Theory of Evolution, and pretending this is science, when in reality, it is a fable. It is a theory that is based on no evidence, just speculation about bones that few can agree on. Jesus said when He would return, would He find (ANY FAITH) left on the earth. You are right, I might be alone, yet this is exactly what the Bible stated would happen. So here again, you are in agreement with the Scriptures. LOL

Old 03-08-2009, 03:42 PM

Science is the enemy huh?...Geez, what are you doing using a computer then?...I'm curious....Are you going to address Rifleman's queries?

Old 03-08-2009, 04:07 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times
Quote:
Science is the enemy huh?...Geez, what are you doing using a computer then?...I'm curious....Are you going to address Rifleman's queries?
I always find this odd among those that warn against science while their lives are totally dependent upon science and technology (food production, medicine, communication, travel, entertainment, etc). It's pretty odd and a bit hypocritical.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:22 PM

430 posts, read 584,022 times
Actually, I find rifleman's explanations successfully brief for a change, old bud! Good!

They pretty much sum up the bare facts of Evolution, but since there's no evidence according to Campbell34, I'd love to hear which part(s) he says can't or don't occur.

The danger here to our world, specially now, is that the blindness demanded in religious doctrine spreads its influence into so many other areas. So we witness, with great similarity the Taliban's education in terrorism of their innocent young, the Muslim extremists viewpoints, and Christian Sunday school classes suppressing curiosity and scientific knowledge. Teaching that the others in this world who preach other stories are to be ignored or destroyed is vile and vicious.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I did not say science was the enemy. I said the Bible states to beware of science (FALSELY SO CALLED). Another words, there is sound science, and there is false science. And Evolution would fall under false science.

I have yet to look at Rifleman's queries, and in a few minutes I will be on my way home, so there is a good chance I will not have time today.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I always find this odd among those that warn against science while their lives are totally dependent upon science and technology (food production, medicine, communication, travel, entertainment, etc). It's pretty odd and a bit hypocritical.
Please read the fine print, I did not say all science was bad. I stated the Bible warns us of (false science). At no time does Scripture suggest all science is bad, it clearly tells us that there will be some science that is false. What is hypocritical, is how one can ignore an obvious statement, and then suggest that my clear statement was condemning all science.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
Actually, I find rifleman's explanations successfully brief for a change, old bud! Good!

They pretty much sum up the bare facts of Evolution, but since there's no evidence according to Campbell34, I'd love to hear which part(s) he says can't or don't occur.

The danger here to our world, specially now, is that the blindness demanded in religious doctrine spreads its influence into so many other areas. So we witness, with great similarity the Taliban's education in terrorism of their innocent young, the Muslim extremists viewpoints, and Christian Sunday school classes suppressing curiosity and scientific knowledge. Teaching that the others in this world who preach other stories are to be ignored or destroyed is vile and vicious.
I don't recall my Sunday school teacher ever telling us that others who do not agree with us should be destroyed. LOL. You believe in Evolution, yet after millions of years and millions of fossils you still believe in it, even when they can not produce a single fossil that all can agree on is evolution in action. And you say we Christian believe in blind faith. I believe in my faith, because I have strong evidence that confirms it. You on the other hand believe in Evolution because you believe in theories that can not be tested, just considered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality