Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 04:07 PM

553 posts, read 568,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yydanay515 View Post
First, please correct my flawed theology and then kindly explain to me how your God is not an accomplice in this theology of yours?

Thanks
Still trying to wrap my mind around this "God allowed Satan to..." concept I always hear Christians talk about yet manage to absolve God of any blame in matters where he supposedly authors the misfortunes in the daily affairs of the world.

Hey, I guess it's just me. In my world if you give a man a loaded gun and tell him to go inflict harm on another, you are just as guilty as the trigger man.

Last edited by yydanay515; 08-26-2008 at 05:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 04:46 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Quote:
Still trying to wrap my mind around this "God allowed Satan to..." concept I always hear Christians talk about yet manage to absolve God of any blame in matters where he supposedly authors the misfortunes in the daily affairs of the world.

Hey, I guess it's just me. In my world if you give a an a loaded gun and tell him to go inflict harm on another, you are just as guilty as the trigger man.
Yes God allows satan to do things, and God also allows us to make a choice.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes God allows satan to do things, and God also allows us to make a choice.
'Things' like? Can't he do it himself? He needs Satan to carry out his dirty deeds? Come help me out here ILNC.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
'Things' like? Can't he do it himself? He needs Satan to carry out his dirty deeds? Come help me out here ILNC.
God is fully aware of every attempt by satan to bring suffering and difficulty upon us. While God may allow us to suffer for reasons beyond our understanding, He is never caught off guard or surprised by our troubles and He is always there to give us His strength to go through the storms.

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 08-26-2008 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-26-2008, 05:35 PM

795 posts, read 2,299,379 times
Talking free free at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
If God is all knowing,controlling and powerful as many believe then why doesn't he just get rid of the Devil?
Then "you" would not have a choice to make - you would be a "robot", where as now you have free will - you can go with God or go to hell.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
God is fully aware of every attempt by satan to bring suffering and difficulty upon us. While God may allow us to suffer for reasons beyond our understanding, He is never caught off guard or surprised by our troubles and He is always there to give us His strength to go through the storms.
Is this god concerned about how this "allows us [his people] to suffer" look to observers? It sure would make me want to be on that bandwagon.

Yes, he would not be surprised. Why would he? He is the one allowing it to happen, right? When a sincere and devout Christian has to sit over their dying infant child in a hospital room, I assume God is trying to teach the child and the parents something? What kind of madness is that?

Old 08-26-2008, 06:26 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,493,823 times
Quote:
He will Rev 20:10 "Then the devil who betrayed them, was thrown into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur, joining the beat and the false prophet. They will be tormented day and night forever and ever".

The devils power is not eternal, he will meet his doom
Revelation 22:6, 10

Then he [angel] said to me [John], "These words are faithful and true." And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place . . . . for the time is at hand."

The things that were to shortly take place included Revelation 20:10 and the casting of Satan into the lake of fire!

Preterist

Old 08-26-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Is this god concerned about how this "allows us [his people] to suffer" look to observers? It sure would make me want to be on that bandwagon.

Yes, he would not be surprised. Why would he? He is the one allowing it to happen, right? When a sincere and devout Christian has to sit over their dying infant child in a hospital room, I assume God is trying to teach the child and the parents something? What kind of madness is that?
Christians have a promise from God, Romans 8:28 " And we KNOW that God causes EVERYTHING to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them".
My trust and my faith in God does not waver in pain and persecution because I know God is in it with me and nothing happens in my life that is not sifted through His loving hands first.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Christians have a promise from God, Romans 8:28 " And we KNOW that God causes EVERYTHING to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them".
My trust and my faith in God does not waver in pain and persecution because I know God is in it with me and nothing happens in my life that is not sifted through His loving hands first.
One thing I have to say about you ILNC is that you have these neat cookie cutter answers for just about any subject and you seem to believe in them wholeheartedly. Commendable. For me, I'm too much a realist and that gets in the way of faith.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
One thing I have to say about you ILNC is that you have these neat cookie cutter answers for just about any subject and you seem to believe in them wholeheartedly. Commendable. For me, I'm too much a realist and that gets in the way of faith.
They're not cookie cutter answers, my answers come from my heart, and I do believe what I say wholeheartedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality