Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:05 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,402,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
I think God has put it in our hearts to know that there is something more.
Most certainly. This agrees with what the bible says in Ecclesiastes 3:11 on how we are made and designed.
Quote:
He has made everything beautiful in it's time, He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from the beginning".
So we have been created with a natural sense of eternity inside of each one of us. Even though we know we will die, there is something inside of us that cannot except life coming to a complete end. This separates us from the animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 12:55 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,661,470 times
The reward of life after death for adults is similar to seeing all the presents under the tree on Christmas morning. It is a way of controlling the masses by rewarding good behavior.
I believe adults should be able to behave themselves without the allure of life after death.
I always get a kick out of the born agains who claim to not have know right from wrong until they were saved. It just sounds so silly to me.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:21 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,969,121 times
You people quoting the bible are not helping this topic on the afterlife.

My thoughts are I hope there is an afterlife.....But I just don`t know.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:23 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,245,312 times
It should not matter if there is or is not an afterlife.

People who only go to church because they do not want to burn eternally in hell are self-serving anywayz and no religion will change that.
I bet they would worship Satan if they believed it would meant to avoid hell on earth ( read: they'd be turncoats if it would save their life).

Originally Posted by SouperStar34
Quote:
Also, Jesus did not come to bring peace to this earth. Jesus says Himself that He has come to divide.
Unless you believe that good=evil, it is only natural to divide the good from the bad.
Unfortunately Christians generally assume that being a Christian=good which is not automatically the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality