Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:27 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,168,522 times

Advertisements

So when you die, your physical body goes blah, it's dead. According to some of you, your soul goes elsewhere. Don't you think that your soul is nothing but energy?? Because energy will not die, but your body will, so energy travels elsewere, probably dirt, it sits there until it becomes something else, like a worm, or a flower that will grow. I can believe that.
For those who believe in heaven and hell. doesn't soul (energy) need body and mind to experience "live beyond death"?? The only way we can feel is because we have physical bodies, nerves, eyes, ears, etc.... energy (soul as you call it) can not experience anything like that on its own, can it?? I will need farther epxlanation from those who think their souls will rejoin with dead relatives...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 02:39 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
So when you die, your physical body goes blah, it's dead. According to some of you, your soul goes elsewhere. Don't you think that your soul is nothing but energy?? Because energy will not die, but your body will, so energy travels elsewere, probably dirt, it sits there until it becomes something else, like a worm, or a flower that will grow. I can believe that.
For those who believe in heaven and hell. doesn't soul (energy) need body and mind to experience "live beyond death"?? The only way we can feel is because we have physical bodies, nerves, eyes, ears, etc.... energy (soul as you call it) can not experience anything like that on its own, can it?? I will need farther epxlanation from those who think their souls will rejoin with dead relatives...
Well, according to Yoga science, our physical body and senses are just gross expressions of our astral body and senses and our even finer causal body and it's instruments of perception.

Souls who go to the astral (energy plane) don't rely on their 5 senses but on intuition, they posesses bodies of light and energy that aren't subject to the diseases and pains we are used to, although there is something similar to death in the astral world, when this time comes the shoul just disintegrates it's energy body to replace it for the causal body, composed of will, consciousness and ego only, the reason we keep incarnating in these 3 planes is because of desire, if we still posess desires for physical experiences, we'll come back to the physical plane until those desires are either fulfilled or the desire is sublimated by the stronger desire for spirit, once we release ourselves from the physical plane, the reincarnations will be between astral / causal instead of physical / astral.

it is possible to disconnect our energy from the physical body by deep meditation and visit those higher realms, contact a loved one who already left there, or make contact with sages and saints for all religions, it is also possible to contact God but that's the hardest achievement a human being can do, and once God is contacted enlightement is reached. Once this happens there is no more need for reincarnation, the soul who inhabits that physical body can either leave it's body consciously (Mahasamadhi) or wait until natural death, when this happens the soul is no longer trapped in any of the 3 prisons physical, astral, causal it has already merged back into the Godhead.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
it is possible to disconnect our energy from the physical body by deep meditation and visit those higher realms,
I can believe that

But i have a hard time believing this.
Quote:
contact a loved one who already left there, or make contact with sages and saints for all religions, it is also possible to contact God but that's the hardest achievement a human being can do, and once God is contacted enlightement is reached.
You said you disconnect energy from the body, but energy on it's own does not hear, see, speak, feel... does it? Don't you need a presens of mind to experience what you wrote above? When you body dies, your mind dies with it, what left is energy. Your example is yoga, i do yoga, but not on such higher level as you do. When you meditate, your body is still with you, even that you separate your energy from it, you still have you mind working, that is why you might experience certain things? I don't believe you can visit dead relatives, however

Old 07-17-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I can believe that

But i have a hard time believing this.

You said you disconnect energy from the body, but energy on it's own does not hear, see, speak, feel... does it? Don't you need a presens of mind to experience what you wrote above? When you body dies, your mind dies with it, what left is energy. Your example is yoga, i do yoga, but not on such higher level as you do. When you meditate, your body is still with you, even that you separate your energy from it, you still have you mind working, that is why you might experience certain things? I don't believe you can visit dead relatives, however
The universe is mind, and creation is composed of consciousness and energy, our bodies are just the physical vessels of manas (mind) there is consciousness in energy at least according to Yoga, there is atom (Manu) beyond the atom (Paramanu) and intelligent subatomic cosmic energy (Prana or Vitatrons)

When the mind becomes still and free from the distractions of the body and the senses it is possible to go really deep into the realm within.

I seldom talk about my spiritual experiences because when you share them, they loose something but in this case I'm gonna share one.

The next day my grandfather died, I was studying my meditation lessons and I was reading about how to contact dead relatives in meditation, after reading and thinking a bit about it, I went to my meditation room and started practicing the techniques, once I was really concentrated I started concentrating in my grandfather trying to visualize him in the third eye, it took me hours but finally his image appeared, it was an image composed of light and energy and I knew it was him becaus I felt his soul, there were no words, just an exchange of love, after that I felt really at peace with myself.

Since that day I've been able to contact my gurus or other saints in this way, the trick here is concentration, you need to be really focused, you also need devotion in your heart and faith.

Tvayi Snihyaame Mama Tvayi Aasaktiratsi means I love you in sanskrit, the literal translation would be, there is love for you in me, and my heart burn with desire to see you!!!

when we are able to love in this way, the ilusion of death, time and space is broken.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:27 PM

I still think that you experiencing this with your mind, and your mind is alive. This wouldn't happen if your mind was dead, would it?? You might be separated from your physical body, your energy is in your mind. Once you die, your mind is dead, just pure energy left which can't do what you describe. I can appreciate good meditation, but that's just it, mind over matter, perhaps?

Beyond this point, i don't see any religious gurus coming forward with heaven-hell answers that are still questionable by us, non-believers.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:48 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
ShepsMom, I think the belief in the after life is all faith based.
Question for those of you have have a soul, what is your soul doing at the moment?

Old 07-17-2008, 03:52 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Interesting, I've had numerous people say that you cannot see your deceased relatives and yet I personally experienced it at least three times, the very first time I was in Vietnam when my grandfather passed away and the day after he passed away I saw him, I was wide awake and he appeared in front of me, scared the living hell out of me at first and then I realized what was happening and that's when I realized he had passed away before anybody had even told me so. The second time it happened, was when my father had passed away in 1992, he was dying of cancer and was in the hospital room waiting for the end to come, I was sitting in a chair at the end of the bed and there was nobody else in the room with him but me and another empty chair and just before my father passed away my grandfather again appeared before me in that empty chair and I can tell you he looked just as real as any living person, third time was back in 2003, was going through a little bit of a crisis with my sisters after my mother had passed away and my grandfather came to me again to assure me that everything was going to be okay and showed me my long-lost niece that had been adopted out of the family and one week later brought us together for the first time and ever since then it's like all I have to do is think about him and I will see him and my father now also. It's kind of strange what the spirit world can do.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:59 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,619,641 times
I don't think there's any possibility of life after death because I believe we're only biological and once our brain stops functioning the very essence of what we are ceases to exist because it is a function of that brain.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:42 PM

Short and to the point, MontanaGuy!

Old 07-17-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
I still think that you experiencing this with your mind, and your mind is alive. This wouldn't happen if your mind was dead, would it?? You might be separated from your physical body, your energy is in your mind. Once you die, your mind is dead, just pure energy left which can't do what you describe. I can appreciate good meditation, but that's just it, mind over matter, perhaps?

Beyond this point, i don't see any religious gurus coming forward with heaven-hell answers that are still questionable by us, non-believers.
we might have different beliefs and that's ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality