Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 08:47 AM

23 posts, read 44,830 times

Advertisements

I believe there is proof, scientific proof of the afterlife. There are several books written by scientists and doctors who were firm athiests but now believe through science that God or the Ulitmate source of energy does exists. I think what some of the posters here were trying to explain was the fact that our bodies have electrical currents running through our brain and through out our body. Electrical currents are also called energy. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, it can only move or change form, so when the physical body dies, that energy or electrical currents cannot die with the physical body, it has to move or change form. I also believe we do not know enough about science. Science is the physical proof of the afterlife, where as religions are the spiritual truths based on faith. One way to look at it is this, when prophets wrote about Jesus' life which existed over 2,ooo years ago on this earth, they had limited communication, they werent very advanced in research or technology and didnt know about science, energy, atoms, ect, they never heard the words anatomy, metaphysics, psychology, parapsychology, metaphorically speaking, ect. as their communication wasnt as advanced as ours is today so they described these things the best way they knew how back then. People make science and spirituality or religion to be on the opposite sides of the coin, when infact, its the same thing, its just different perceptions of it or looking at it from different angles. The only reason we look at them differently is because we dont know much about either, exspecially science. One thing that I have learned, is too look at things more spiritually or symbolically. I think once we learn the ins and outs of science, which will indoubtly be way into the future, it will take us back to the very fundamentals of what the prophets were trying so dramatically to express. I do not believe that one religion has all the answers, but that all the religions, beliefs and experiences of life all hold pieces of the puzzle.

From my own personal experiences can I base my own faith, there is no way to prove that I have had prophet dreams, past life experiences, experiences with angels and demons, but to those around me who I have been able to foretell things to, know that I got this information from somewhere, but where? How could I have known these personal things that were to happen? I consider myself agnostic, if I have to label myself something. I draw my beliefs from my experiences in this life and then weigh them by any truth they bring me. I did not believe any dreams I had until later when they were confirmed. I try to be open minded. I have my own personal view of Jesus, as I think some people need to stop looking at the bible as for the written word and start correlating it to their life metaphorically, symbolically and emotionally. I look at Jesus as not somebody who lived in the past, who we can run to church on Sundays and Wednesdays and say we believe, and be saved. I believe personally that Jesus wanted to set an example for us, to teach us how to behave and that he is symbolically the bridge between heaven and earth based on his teachings. Being a Christian is not just believing in Jesus or attending Sunday services, it is having the Christ Consciousness and using it. If every hair was counted on our head, if our days are numbered, if all we have to believe in is Jesus, than what point is it for us to live, experience things in this life? Why point is it for God to judge us when our days are already numbered and God already knows how this tragic story is going to unfold? Yes we have free will, but that doesnt mean the time is right for us to understand...time is what teaches us, along with these experiences. Why if it was so important that we be saved, that there are hundreds if not thousands of other religions in this world? I think the most important thing we can do for ourselves, is to save ourselves from the emotional pain and suffering we put upon ourselves and others through compassion, understanding and forgiveness...and I believe that is what Jesus was trying to tell us all along. We are all on different levels of awareness and spiritual growth, we are all here to learn and grow from our mistakes, to learn a better way. These religions that were founded so many thousands of years ago are not here today to tell us how to be, they are there to set the foundation for learning, as so metaphorically speaking, to build our houses on, and that house can be a one story house or as big as a sky scraper in this life depending on how open minded we are and how much we want to learn and perfect ourselves as spiritually advanced loving beings.

Oh and one more thing, I do believe our days are numbered and that God knows us, but my point was, that can we really be judged in one lifetime for all eternity? I believe God knows what he wants each and every one of us to experience in each of our lives and we have the free will to choose what will save us from pain or our own personal hell, to learn that lesson and become aware.

Last edited by SilverAndWhiteLining778; 08-07-2008 at 09:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 07:47 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,020,672 times
[quote=SilverAndWhiteLining778;4766206]I believe there is proof, scientific proof of the afterlife. There are several books written by scientists and doctors who were firm athiests but now believe through science that God or the Ulitmate source of energy does exists.quote]

I don't believe there is an afterlife, but what I would like to know is what is this scientific proof of the afterlife. Where's the empirical evidence that proves there's an afterlife. What books are these that give objective and scientific evidence of an afterlife. Who are the credible scientists and doctors that have 'proved' there is an afterlife. How did they find that evidence.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:07 PM

Well here is a few

"God at the speed of Light" by T. Lee Baumann, M.D.
(very hard to understand unless you are scientifically gifted)

"The Afterlife Experiment: Breakthrough scientific evidence of life after death" by Gary Schwartz

"Old Souls: Scientific proof of past lives" by Tom Shroder

Many lives, Many Masters" a story by a prominent doctor and his patient

Here is another one

"Psychic Warrior: True story of the CIA's Paranormal Espionage Programme" by David Morehead

Old 08-08-2008, 03:38 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,942,947 times
It's a whole bunch of books that claim their evidence is scientific, obviously you've read those books so can you grab some of their arguments and post them along with their references?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:38 AM

No Im not, I posted the books with their authors and that is enough. If you want to read them, thats what they are there for. Yes I have read them and they make sense to me, but Im not going to go out of my way to argue with you, no. Everybody has their own path they walk in this life, its not my job or intention to convince you either way. I posted what I believe because that is the title of the thread. I posted some resources of my belief because somebody asked me to.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:17 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,942,947 times
Meh, I just think it's all pseudoscientific talk pretending to be legit. My alarms immediately go up when someone claims to have "scientific proof" for anything because such a thing does not exist.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:23 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,179,486 times
We have seen as much proof of an afterlife as we have for a god. None. At all.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:33 PM

Hey...dont matter to me its your life

Old 08-08-2008, 11:10 PM

33,569 posts, read 37,185,374 times
When the grim reaper comes calling....That's all folks..Game over.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:25 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
We have seen as much proof of an afterlife as we have for a god. None. At all.
As I have stated many times before, the proof for God is in the fulfilled prophecies found in the Bible. The Bible is the only Book that writes about history before it happens. It's just sad, that most people have not taken the time to consider them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality