Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 08:19 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,958,412 times

Advertisements

Interesting how so many "loving, Christ-like Christians" are so eager to Kill. Sad, but just goes to show how so many have been killed throughout the ages "in the name of God".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 08:39 PM

553 posts, read 570,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Nope, You better go back and read my post I didn't say God evolved or changed, The Bible is the story of the universe and mankind, it is what it is for a reason, GOD'S reason he doesnt really care how you feel about it!
I know you never said "God evolved," but the fact that in the Bible his character evolves from a barbaric, bloodthirsty, jealous god to a loving, benign god who is merciful to everybody is quite suspect.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:17 PM

9,898 posts, read 10,848,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yydanay515 View Post
I know you never said "God evolved," but the fact that in the Bible his character evolves from a barbaric, bloodthirsty, jealous god to a loving, benign god who is merciful to everybody is quite suspect.
Well I guess one would first have accept your premise, which I don't! You know what? It's not my job to try to convince you, go ahead in your unbelief I will go ahead in my belief and pray for you right now!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:19 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,024,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Shame on you for mocking God.
Do you think a soldier is justified in defending His homeland from murderers and rapists?

godspeed,

freedom
Would a soldier also slaughter the women, children, animals, all the innocent people?

Old 06-13-2008, 09:20 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,573,553 times
well, i dont think i could have been a christian during that period bek christ was not around yet.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:24 PM

33,587 posts, read 37,225,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
well, i dont think i could have been a christian during that period bek christ was not around yet.
Aww, but according to chistians christ is the same god that did those things.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well I guess one would first have accept your premise, which I don't! You know what? It's not my job to try to convince you, go ahead in your unbelief I will go ahead in my belief and pray for you right now!
Thanks, and while you're at it, can you ask the big guy to help a brother out with tonight's winning numbers for the Florida lotto? If he can pull that off, he'll get a lifetime of worship from me.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:08 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,507,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So what you are saying is that god was no better than Hitler, but it was ok since the people he slaughtered were not Jews....Shame on "god" anyway, but hey I don't believe it ever happened.

Did you even read my post properly? I said that the people surrounding Israel in that time were unrepentant. They knew about the God of Israel, they knew all the things he had done for them. But they continued to burn their children alive - yes, even babies. They did the most disgusting things. After a while God had enough.

Shame on my God?!! You have the audacity to shake your little hand at the God who created the universe. But, you have a chance to to repent. what are your sins? Are you so perfect? The age of Law is a schoolmaster to the christian - convicting us of our sin. Have you stolen? Have you looked at someone with Lust? Have you lied? Have you cursed God's name? Then you can't go to heaven. You are a sinner and unrepentant. But if you will repent of your sin and ask Jesus to forgive you, he will, he has died as an atonement that is in the place of those who trust in him. Our sin, on God. Jesus, God come down to earth, proving he is a God of Love by taking on our sins.

But Yes, God will ultimately judge us. But he is very, very patient and gives us many chances. But, you should not take God for granted or mock him.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,507,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Would a soldier also slaughter the women, children, animals, all the innocent people?

If you were Jewish or whatever - in those times you would have slaughtered anyone and everyone. You are looking through the eyes of a christian country - christ turned everything around.....

Old 06-13-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Did you even read my post properly? I said that the people surrounding Israel in that time were unrepentant. They knew about the God of Israel, they knew all the things he had done for them. But they continued to burn their children alive - yes, even babies. They did the most disgusting things. After a while God had enough.
And who tells us this? The same people who supposedly exterminates them, right? That's unbiased reporting if I've ever seen it.

I can see George "Moses" Bush standing before the congregation of Israel saying, "they have weapons of mass corruption. Let's go get them before they get us!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality