Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 05:20 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,608,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
No...

I think of it like this...

I never met you in person. Yet, I invite you to a HUGE party. The only 'rule' I have, is that you take off your shoes before you come into my house. YOU say, "Heck...for all *I* know, that person could be a robot! Besides, I don't want to take off my shoes. I LIKE my shoes! " So, you don't come to my party...Not only that, but you think I'm "stupid" for inviting you, and asking you to take off your shoes in the first place.

So, it goes...you don't come to my party, much to my sorrow. Meanwhile, you get hit by a car....and end up as a paraplegic for the rest of your life. You COULD have come to my party, IF you believed in me. You decided NOT to.

God doesn't "damn" us. WE damn ourselves.

Just WHO do you think Jesus is? If Jesus says, "Love people" and other 'gods' say, It's o.k to hurt others, who would YOU rather believe in?
again, you use kind of half truths. accountability and jesus teachings are great stuff. In fact, believing in in something makes more sense than believing in nothing in most cases.

but god damning people to hell doesn't make sense when we look at our place in the universe. Even if you say "god" made us with free will. If he did that he knew people would, by default, not choose him. so why the eternal hell?

to your show analogy.

yes, to be a member of club mink57 we have to say somethings or wear a hat. We get that, but how is "god will send us to hell for not following Jesus" the most reliable claim we have?

that just seems like "be a football fans or you are not a fan" doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 09:39 AM

4,640 posts, read 1,800,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Aah Mink. You just shot yourself in the foot!

"Love people" and other 'gods' say, It's o.k to hurt others

Well guess what - you wo0uld be talking the same Jesus (remember the trinity in which Jesus is God and the son of God at the same time?) Think old testament Yahweh. That Jesus - before he was born.

Mind you, strictly speaking he didn't actually say it was Ok to hurt others. Does commanding them to hurt others count?
This will be my last post for a while, as I HAVE to get some work done!

The 'other gods' I was talking about are not the Christian bible God(s), although some may see satan as a 'god'.

Quote:
P.S. You are a lot of fun and I enjoy your posts. You give as good as you get.
LOL! I usually *sock* Transponder in the proverbial arm when he makes comments like this! Today, your arm will have to do, Guy. Consider it *socked*.

Old 05-29-2020, 10:21 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,074,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
I don't dispute the existence of Satan, but this business that he " is in control of the world", espoused by many Christian groups, is complete nonsense.
And even if the Book of Revelation has some truth, this Satan and the Beast, and all his metaphorical transformations, are not going to happen.
Satan is a good guy...

Old 05-29-2020, 10:44 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,611,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Satan is a good guy...
I agree

I would like to know what Satan knows about the monster god that created him.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:10 AM

23,206 posts, read 10,496,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
if I’m correct Satan is the second most powerful being in universe behind GOD. If that’s true than obviously he’s a superior intelligent being. So why in the last days would he seek to destroy mankind thereby sealing his own fate by being cast alive into a lake of fire forever. Basically committing eternal suicide. If he’s truly a superior intelligent being, why would he do that?
Satan is a concept, not an individual. Satan asked Jesus that Simeon be given into his hands, and so Jesus hands the disciple over and what does Satan do?

Satan takes the disciple and refines that disciple, he sifts him as wheat and then he returns the disciple better than he received him. Sounds to me like a necessary tool God uses to refine his people as gold, Satan did his job.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:40 AM

568 posts, read 680,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Satan is a concept, not an individual. Satan asked Jesus that Simeon be given into his hands, and so Jesus hands the disciple over and what does Satan do?

Satan takes the disciple and refines that disciple, he sifts him as wheat and then he returns the disciple better than he received him. Sounds to me like a necessary tool God uses to refine his people as gold, Satan did his job.
I guess some people here don't care about how GOD feels about them messing with Scripture and deceiving people. I have a King James Bible here that says satan (whom has other names called the desolator, death, etc., because he is death), is a supernaturally created, individual angel. The most beautiful ever created by GOD, who wants to deceive the world, and shall deceive many..

Last edited by glenninindy; 05-30-2020 at 07:26 AM..

Old 05-30-2020, 06:46 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,608,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
I guess some people here don't care about how GOD feels about them messing with Scripture and deceiving people. I have a King James Bible here that says Satan (whom has another name called death), is a supernaturally created, individual angel. The most beautiful ever created by GOD, who wants to deceive the world, and will deceive many..
thats the issue right there.

you say "how GOD feels about them messing with Scripture and deceiving people."

we say "we are not messing with scripture, you guys are making it something it is not."

talking about what Satan is or is not is irrelevant to addressing the above difference.

but your right, my wife was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. It lead to married with child ... .
she's still a hotty though.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:38 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,336,626 times
Quote:
I guess some people here don't care about how GOD feels about them messing with Scripture and deceiving people. I have a King James Bible here that says satan (whom has other names called the desolator, death, etc., because he is death), is a supernaturally created, individual angel. The most beautiful ever created by GOD, who wants to deceive the world, and shall deceive many..
And the King James Bible is as of no importance to many here as are the religious text of other religions are to you. I doubt you accept the words of Odin or Napi to guide or shape you life. Odin, Napi, the God of the Bible are all equal to some of us.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

So, how did he go from being G-d’s tester of man to an enemy of G-d?...

Old 05-30-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Would you mind posting your KJV scripture to that effect?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality