Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2022, 12:02 AM

16,813 posts, read 5,018,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
"Aknowledge you"?!
HAHAHA!
It IS you...and anything & everything else.
The Supreme/Ultimate Reality is self-substantiating to exist.
ALL Reality exists...do you really need to get hip to that?
Once again you mock almost every other religion (who's beliefs are not compatible with yours) by telling them they are wrong.

You really need to stop posting your tedious, arrogant, pompous posts in the wrong thread, you have your own thread for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2022, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
That's what "faith" is all about... believing in something without being presented any proof.
Only in religion do people think this is a good philosophy.

Old 04-14-2022, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Yeah, good point. And that’s why you should truly believe and not just believe “in case.” Why must God have to present proof just so you believe?
Because why should we believe without any evidence?

Old 04-14-2022, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
It’s called free will. Gos gave it all to us. We can do good or evil. He won’t intervene until judgement day.
Then it is responsible for us not believing, and is therefore responsible for any punishment it would give us. I do not understand why the religious who make your argument do not understand the flaw in what is possibly an insurance con job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I don’t blame God for anything you mentioned any more than I blame him for an infant dying of cancer. Adam and Wve screwed it up for mankind. Now we must live with the consequences.
Then either your god could not see the consequences of his bad design (easily accessible danger and an evil bogey man), so not all knowing, or it set us up to fail.

Old 04-14-2022, 12:16 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,668,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Ironically not hip to the fact you have just admitted your religion is wrong.

The Energizer Bunny god allegedly created what you call god, but is not your god.
No Harry...as usual...you keep noting separate, individual things.
I'm still trying to figure out if the ignorance is actual, or willful. I believe you do it on purpose...just to be your miserable self, and bust chops.
Reality (comprised of everything, in totality) is just One Thing...and it's God.

Old 04-14-2022, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Ya know...you are even weak on the insults.
I usually see..."So God is dog poop, dildos, snot, toilets, and Hitler?" Like this:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/46507789-post362.html
There is only One Thing...Reality....and it's ALL God.
Yes...even the things you judge to be "bad", "wrong", "evil", etc. According to you, the Universe is "wrong".
Of course...you even making assessments, or passing judgments on the Source & Creator of Existence is as arrogant and hubristic as it gets.
So...you don't like how God created things and set things up? Tell ya what...then create & set up your own Universe and do it in a way you think is better. Don't just run your mouth talking smack about God. Let's see sumthin.
Once again, we are talking about what the religious actually believe. Once you get hip to that, Karen, then maybe you will stop making irrelevant rants that mock both atheists and almost every other religion than yours.

Old 04-14-2022, 12:31 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,668,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Once again, we are talking about what the religious actually believe. Once you get hip to that, Karen, then maybe you will stop making irrelevant rants that mock both atheists and almost every other religion than yours.
Bothers ya they believe what they do, huh?
Oh, well. Gonna have to lean to cope...because it isn't going to change.
At least they have evidence for their Beliefs...the Atheists admit they have no evidence, but still make determinations off of that.
I'm sorry that you lack the ability to perceive God, that most possess...I will pray for you.
Oh, and...quess what still has great effect?

Old 04-14-2022, 08:38 AM

20,089 posts, read 13,546,429 times
Quote:
Wasted whole life?? On what?? All God asks is to go to mass one hour a week! That’s all he asks, one hour only!!
Funny -- where I come from he asked for about 4 hours a week. Sunday School, Sunday morning service, Sunday evening service, Wednesday night prayer meeting.

If you were truly among the pious you also volunteered to help with Vacation Bible School every summer (10 days x 2 hours plus prep), release time classes (30 or so 1 hour classes a year), youth group (1 or 2 hours a week), and then some. I saved $1500 of my own money to attend a year of Bible Institute out of high school as well.

No wonder we didn't take you guys seriously in the commitment department, lol

Old 04-14-2022, 08:40 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,765,828 times
Quote:
A priest once told me... If you believe and it's not true, you lose nothing. But if you don't believe and it's true, you lose EVERYTHING!
I used to have a friend who liked to argue the same thing...

"Why don't you believe in God if nothing else as something like an insurance policy?"

(He used to sell insurance too).

First of all, how does one believe in something they are not convinced even exists?

Secondly, even if true, why does not believing mean I'm going to lose anything? Let alone everything?

Old 04-14-2022, 08:50 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,765,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Funny -- where I come from he asked for about 4 hours a week. Sunday School, Sunday morning service, Sunday evening service, Wednesday night prayer meeting.

If you were truly among the pious you also volunteered to help with Vacation Bible School every summer (10 days x 2 hours plus prep), release time classes (30 or so 1 hour classes a year), youth group (1 or 2 hours a week), and then some. I saved $1500 of my own money to attend a year of Bible Institute out of high school as well.

No wonder we didn't take you guys seriously in the commitment department, lol
Same thing came to my mind...

Also the time spent on prayers before meals and all the other times people spend on something having to do with their beliefs in a god. Time spent posting in this forum about their beliefs in god tends to add up too. I must admit it's made for some time spent on this subject for me too.

Then again, what is a waste of time to some people is time very well spent for other people. All those efforts to get a ticket to heaven can easily be considered quite the ROI. For me it makes for at least some entertainment in the mornings...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality