Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 08:26 AM

128 posts, read 118,139 times

Advertisements

N..Xuipa,
You ask:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
are you to be a witness ? ,the double witness? or the proclaimer , these are always the question once you think you got something from the Lord.
If you think you got something from the Lord, you need to use discernment to make sure, depending on the issue.
One man in the news claimed that he got a message from a voice in the shower saying to make boards to hurt children with. He imagined that this "voice" was God, but I think that this is evil because it is harming people needlessly.

If someone's message was from the Lord, they would be the witness of it, not the "double witness". Only if the Lord said to proclaim it or if one did so would one be the proclaimer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Oh, so you mean that your astral projection is real and the ones you don't wish are real simply aren't real because you don't think they are... Well, you might explain a little more and clear some things up. Welcome any time, I'd like to hear some possibilities for evidence of such a personally conclusive belief that you might offer. I happen to think that all astral projection experiences are mental, and the whole of you stays right where you are. You can easily test my idea, but only with people who propose to be able to do it at will or predictably (the rest would be hard to test to any good standard).
Here is what his evidence was:
Quote:
for me everything I know that I know is from him is double( or more ) witnessed.
so a dream will be confirmed by someone else , his word , a new song .. to me I picture His kingdom is always like a court of law . it isn't "real" unless it is witnessed or double witnessed, it has no weight or value until it is double witnessed. it will not happen until it has been witnessed and then proclaimed/announced . so are you to be a witness ? ,the double witness? or the proclaimer , these are always the question once you think you got something from the Lord. if it was just for you the witnesses will not come in a public way .
so that is why Lana saying she saw Fire in the belly or
the roses burning was a first second or even third witness to thing I had seen or experienced but was not sure how to or when to express a thing.
The kingdom is like a court of law always.
we wait for the lawyer to call us to the stand or hand us a trumpet or bull horn..

if it is not witnessed from outside of you .. or it has not become it own double or triple witness( was true once , is being true , will be true ) then leave it on the shelf you put all things you don't understand
He is saying he gets a message and then something like a song "confirms" his "message".

To test that the whole of you stays where you are, all you have to do is put a video camera on him and see that he never actually goes anyplace physically.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Souls, Spirits, and Bodies? or souls/spirits and bodies?
What I wrote was:
"For #1, I think that the ancient Jews believed in Souls, Spirits, and Bodies, not just a homogenous fusion of soul and body."
The Soul / Spirit distinction here is not crucial for what I wrote. I simply asserted that the ancient Jews believed in these concepts.

I am inclined to think though that they did distinguish between the soul and the spirit.
In Greek (different language than Hebrew, of course), the soul is the "psyche", and the spirit/wind is called "pneuma".

In Biblical Hebrew, neshamah is spirit/ breath (Strong's Hebrew: 5397. ???????? (neshamah) -- breath), like Proverbs 20:27 "the spirit of man is a lamp of ...."

There is also another word for Spirit/breath in Hebrew, Ruah Strong's Hebrew: 7307. ?????? (ruach) -- breath, wind, spirit, as in Genesis 1 when the spirit is on the waters.

Nephesh on the other hand in Hebrew is the soul, something "inner", whereas the flesh is outer.
Quote:
(both the inner נפשׁ and the outer בשׂר are conceived as resting on a common substratum: אַךְ בְּשָׂרוֺ עָלָיו יִכְאָ֑ב וְנַפְשׁוֺ עָלָיו תֶּאֱבָֽל׃ Job 14:22 only his flesh upon him is in pain, and his soul upon him mourneth; compare Psalm 42:5; Psalm 42:7; Psalm 131:2; Job 30:16; Lamentations 3:20 )
Strong's Hebrew: 5315. ??????? (nephesh) -- a soul, living being, life, self, person, desire, passion, appetite, emotion

Thus, in the Trinitarian model, Father, Spirit, and Logos each have their own minds/souls, whereas the second of them is the "spirit". Thus, God put Spirit/breath into Man/Adam in Genesis, and put the Spirit/Breath into dry bones in Ezekiel 37.

Quote:
The ancient Egyptians came as far as supposing/proposing that a person's whole identity is truly composed of 5 or more aspects (mental-self, life-force, pure-self, guilty-self, etc). They, of course, along with the Babylonians and Persians, were right next to the strategically located kingdoms of Judah and Israel.
I suppose there was serious cross influence.

Quote:
What I had heard about the ancient Jews that relied (believed only in the Torah (Pentateuch) as being legitimately written and true) is that animals were described as "souls" as well, so "soul" might have simply meant "being." This is from people who don't think animals are saved into paradise nor resurrected.
It's not clear in Judaism AFAIK what happens to animals. In one passage in the Tanakh, it asks where the souls of the animals go, like up to heaven or someplace else, and the answer it gives is that God knows the answer.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Since you think astral projection is all mental, it wouldn't mean anything for me to explain that, or the difference in the two, either, so I'll pass. Peace
Hi, Rbbi.
If you don't feel comfortable addressing the questions, it's OK.
Christianity does demand discernment, and we do know that some people are delusional or hallucinate, and so it's important to tell if someone is really having some divine miraculous experience or if they are just being taking daydreams for reality, deluded, or hallucinating.

When I was in elementary school, our teachers told us to imagine different things like walking in the woods. Then when people are daydreaming their minds wander as if they were sleepy. So due to the need for Christian discernment you would want to make sure that you are not having day dreams and imaginings and then thinking they are miraculous when they aren't.

So if I have a daydream that feels like I am flying in my head and imagine stars, and then within a few hours I see stars randomly on an art design, would that be confirming it was a divine miracle vision? I don't think so, but someone could imagine in their head that it was a miracle. This is why in Christianity discernment is important.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:22 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakovskii View Post
Here is what his evidence was:

He is saying he gets a message and then something like a song "confirms" his "message".

To test that the whole of you stays where you are, all you have to do is put a video camera on him and see that he never actually goes anyplace physically.

Let me give you an example of how He can use a song. I awoke one morning decades ago hearing the words, "Be ye steadfast, immovable, always abounding," which is part of scripture. When I got in my car to go to work, the first song on the radio started with those same words. Coincidence? Out of their huge playlist it just HAPPENED to be the song with the words that were spoken to me the same morning? Nah. There are no coincidences when you are walking with Him.

Another example. One day I heard a personal word I was to go give a friend. It was, "be instant in season and out" and I knew (by the Spirit) it pertained to switching roommates out and I told her that part, too. When she opened her door, I told her the message, and she said, "Well now I know why I heard, be instant in season and out, when I was in the shower just now!"

He ALWAYS witnesses His Word or anything He speaks to you, because out of the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses is every word confirmed. His Spirit is real, tangible, personal, active in your behalf and the behalf of others, ALL THE TIME. Because I am open to His Spirit and I hear Him, I rarely go anywhere that He doesn't give me something to speak to someone. Lives get changed with one word from Him from a "stranger".

Another example. My friend of 20 years and I met in an unusual way. I was employed by son of the woman I was doing private duty with daily, after she had been nearly killed in a car wreck. The hospital, however, sent in an aide to bathe her 3 times a week. This aide came and went and finally one day He told me to pray for her, He had a word for her. Thankfully, the woman I was taking care of walked with Him also, so it was possible. I asked the aide if I could pray for her. She agreed because she thought I meant alone, by myself, in my own time, ect., I found out later. Once we got that idea straightened out she agreed again, and I prayed for her on the spot and He said a most peculiar (to me) thing: "Forgive your father; he didn't understand, he is with Me."

I told her this and she burst into sobbing, and at that moment her nursing supervisor came in the door for a home visit, looked at us both, confused as to why her staff is sobbing, but said nothing. By the grace of G-d, it was my best friend from High School and she had heard I was "religious" now, lol...the aide could have been reprimanded had it not been for that.

So her staff, the aide, gets up and runs out the door. Well, myself and the woman I was assigned to had no idea the aide had a week's vacation after that so we were concerned when she didn't come back for over a week, and kept praying for her. When she finally returned, she told us she had been in a church, any church she could find, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT since I had been used to give her that word, for the first time in 30 YEARS.

The why part, was astounding. She had been brought up in church. Her father had been an abusive out of control violent alcoholic when he gave in to the drink (he tried to fight it), but was kind and loving when he was sober. One night was particularly bad and she, her brother and her mother had to hide in the woods because he was drunk and after them with a shotgun. When the police told him the next day (he was jailed) what he had almost done, he was so upset with himself and fearing he would kill them the next time, that he hanged himself in the jail. Now the "church" told a then 13 year old girl that her father was in hell. She had been close to G-d then, but that turned her away from Him in bitterness and grief. UNTIL G-d spoke to her, 30 years later.

Now there's not a thing special about me, my life before Him couldn't be more removed from being someone to use this way; what this is, is the works of the Holy Ghost/gifts of the Spirit in operation, specifically word of knowledge, which is where you know something about someone that you could not humanly know. It is used by Him to activate the measure of faith we are all given to receive Him (including any words from Him).

This is one reason why the enemy of our souls fights so hard against the HG and the gifts of the Spirit that come with Him, because one word can change a person's life forever. His Spirit is REAL, walking in the Spirit with Him is REAL, and available to anyone who is willing to press in and lay down their life for Him. But until they do, they cannot see/perceive the kingdom, BECAUSE it is Spirit. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-27-2017 at 09:33 AM..

Old 03-27-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Let me give you an example of how He can use a song. I awoke one morning decades ago hearing the words, "Be ye steadfast, immovable, always abounding," which is part of scripture. When I got in my car to go to work, the first song on the radio started with those same words. Coincidence? Out of their huge playlist it just HAPPENED to be the song with the words that were spoken to me the same morning? Nah. There are no coincidences when you are walking with Him.
I like this story, thank you for sharing.
My guess is that it is not a coincidence, but rather is a case of a dream prediction.

The phenomenon of dream prediction is widely reported. I have had them. Since it hasn't been proven scientifically, dream premonitions are typically ascribed to chance by Skeptics. Nonetheless, I am unaware of a correlation being found between Christians and dream predictions and people of other faiths or of no/little faith. Various "psychics" also claim these kinds of experiences.

That being the case, it isn't clear to me that it is a miraculous event of divine intercession, as opposed to an event that a wide range of people experience as a natural or paranormal non-divine phenomenon that has yet to be explained by science.

For example, in the past, people thought that lightning/thunder was the action of gods fighting in the sky and that a divine being like Apollo or Khepri carried the sun across the sky. These were phenomena that people did not have scientific explanations for, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they were themselves miraculous divine events like Jesus' resurrection or Jesus' healings of the blind and deaf.

Quote:
Another example. One day I heard a personal word I was to go give a friend. It was, "be instant in season and out" and I knew (by the Spirit) it pertained to switching roommates out and I told her that part, too. When she opened her door, I told her the message, and she said, "Well now I know why I heard, be instant in season and out, when I was in the shower just now!"
Maybe telepathy/ESP.
It's not clear that it is a divine miracle.
Maybe you are more in tune with the paranormal. A lot of people aren't, because they want to keep their brains together and not go out in left field or get deluded or mentally ill. it's not just a Materialist/Skeptic issue though.

Christianity demands Discernment.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakovskii View Post
I like this story, thank you for sharing.
My guess is that it is not a coincidence, but rather is a case of a dream prediction.

The phenomenon of dream prediction is widely reported. I have had them. Since it hasn't been proven scientifically, dream premonitions are typically ascribed to chance by Skeptics. Nonetheless, I am unaware of a correlation being found between Christians and dream predictions and people of other faiths or of no/little faith. Various "psychics" also claim these kinds of experiences.

That being the case, it isn't clear to me that it is a miraculous event of divine intercession, as opposed to an event that a wide range of people experience as a natural or paranormal non-divine phenomenon that has yet to be explained by science.

For example, in the past, people thought that lightning/thunder was the action of gods fighting in the sky and that a divine being like Apollo or Khepri carried the sun across the sky. These were phenomena that people did not have scientific explanations for, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they were themselves miraculous divine events like Jesus' resurrection or Jesus' healings of the blind and deaf.

Maybe telepathy/ESP.
It's not clear that it is a divine miracle.
Maybe you are more in tune with the paranormal. A lot of people aren't, because they want to keep their brains together and not go out in left field or get deluded or mentally ill. it's not just a Materialist/Skeptic issue though.

Christianity demands Discernment.

Here's the thing. There is nothing new under the sun. There is something "out there" that mimics EVERYTHING that G-d has or does in His kingdom, because all the enemy of our souls can do is copycat as best he can. So you have named off the copycats. I have shared the reality of the kingdom that is expounded on all throughout His written Word, which is full of instances of what I am describing.

So it comes down to; who do you believe? Not asking you to believe ME, I'm no one of consequence, but believe in Him, His Word and His ability to reproduce what is written, in other's experiences with Him, as He says He is no respecter of persons, and what He did with one, He is perfectly capable (and EXTREMELY willing) to do with other of His children. Peace

Old 03-28-2017, 07:16 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,074,658 times
Quote:
Here's the thing. There is nothing new under the sun. There is something "out there" that mimics EVERYTHING that G-d has or does in His kingdom, because all the enemy of our souls can do is copycat as best he can. So you have named off the copycats. I have shared the reality of the kingdom that is expounded on all throughout His written Word, which is full of instances of what I am describing.

So it comes down to; who do you believe? Not asking you to believe ME, I'm no one of consequence, but believe in Him, His Word and His ability to reproduce what is written, in other's experiences with Him, as He says He is no respecter of persons, and what He did with one, He is perfectly capable (and EXTREMELY willing) to do with other of His children. Peace
Come on...The enemy of our soul is our self...

Old 03-28-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
You are saying that having a dream where you have some words from a song with spiritual words and then hear it on the radio is a divine experience, and that other regular people in the course of their normal lives having dream premonitions (eg. hearing a song in a dream and then hearing it on the radio) is just a copycat experience. Imagine if those people heard a song in the day with spiritual meaning, or if your dream didn't have a song with the spiritual meaning but nonetheless occurred. De facto the two kinds of experiences would be indistinguishable.

Therefore it looks in question to me how much of this is a divine intercession miracle or is a paranormal phenomenon that many people experience. In fact, most people in one survey said that they had things like premonitions, feelings things were to soon occur, etc.

This is why discernment is needed.

You ask:
Quote:
So it comes down to; who do you believe?
Not asking you to believe ME, I'm no one of consequence, but believe in Him, His Word and His ability to reproduce what is written, in other's experiences with Him, as He says He is no respecter of persons, and what He did with one, He is perfectly capable (and EXTREMELY willing) to do with other of His children. Peace
I am skeptical that it comes down to that.
Some people called Deists believe in God but not miracles.
Other people, especially traditional Calvinists, believe in God and accept Christianity, but they find supernatural divine "gift" abilities like predictive prophecy to be extremely rare.
Others, Charismatics, find those gifts to be very frequent and they claim miracle healings occur commonly during their prayer meetings. Sometimes they turn out to be frauds using parlour tricks to make people think there are divine healings.

For the Catholic Church, miracles do happen, but discernment is very important to tell a miracle from some other more mundane experience. If you have a "vision" or some other experience, it's essential that you do discernment instead of automatically accepting it. You have to consider the possibilities: delusion, daydreaming, hallucination, coincidence, paranormal phenomena that many people experience, etc.

This is why it comes down to more than just whether you believe in God.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Come on...The enemy of our soul is our self...

You can believe that if you choose to, but does it affect what I said? Nope....Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality