Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:41 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,667,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A Spoil and a Prey

By Al Gist

Ezekiel 38-39 is one of the most amazing prophecies found in the Bible. It describes an attempted surprise attack by Russia and a coalition of Muslim nations against Israel in which God intervenes and destroys 5/6ths of the invading forces, leaving only the 1/6 to return home and tell the story of their defeat by the God of Israel. Such a war has never happened, so we must see it as yet a future event.
Read the whole article here: A Spoil and a Prey ~ Bible Prophecy Today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 04:30 PM

436 posts, read 1,174,252 times
Lord I hate it when people make these kinds of interpretations, because they fill our heads and make it difficult for us to recieve from God should the interpretation be different, and there's a good chance it may be.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothylogan3 View Post
Lord I hate it when people make these kinds of interpretations, because they fill our heads and make it difficult for us to recieve from God should the interpretation be different, and there's a good chance it may be.
Fill your heads? Please, how do you interpret Ezekiel 38/39 and on what do you base your "good chance" that this interpretation is not correct? And if we see this come to pass (Russia with its allies invading Israel and the supernatural protection from God), what will you believe then?

Old 03-10-2009, 06:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Default There is a STORM on the horizon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Read the whole article here: A Spoil and a Prey ~ Bible Prophecy Today
Good evening carolina_guy..this is an area of study that captures my attention like none other. We are currently in the middle of the "latter days" spoken of in Ezekiel. Thank you for the link...I read it all, and I am not surprised one bit. The Lord has had me here for a while now...and He has seriously grabbed my attention since the war between Gaza and Israel...this war began the fulfillment of Ezekiel 38.

In the article, it mentions Nobel Energy-1 of 3 natural gas fields..."A 'Holiday' for the State of Israel...dealing with unconceivably huge quantities..." < This "spoil" is the "hook" that the Lord will put into the jaws of the enemies of Israel, in which God will lure them into war with Israel. The "huge oil discovery" that is expected is also part of the "hook in the jaw." Ezekiel 38:4 says, I will turn you (Gog, or Satan) around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army...Ezekiel 38:8...In the "latter years" you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many peoples >(Israel)< they were brought out of the nations, and all of them dwell safely. (9) You (Gog, or Satan) will ascend, coming like a "STORM"...(16) You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud...It will be in the "latter days" that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me."

There is coming a storm...a shaking of everything that can be shaken...earth...sea...infrastructure...economy... lives...and faith. It is written.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Fill your heads? Please, how do you interpret Ezekiel 38/39 and on what do you base your "good chance" that this interpretation is not correct? And if we see this come to pass (Russia with its allies invading Israel and the supernatural protection from God), what will you believe then?
dude thats my point. Filling my head with these interpretation is not a good idea at all. I mean what if your wrong? Huh? I am not going to give you my views because there's good chance i am wrong, and the same applies to you. I MEAN LET'S BE HONEST THE WORD RUSSIA IS NOT IN THE BIBLE, AND FOR ALL WE KNOW THOSE PROPHECIES COULD BE ABOUT ANY OTHER NATION. HERE WE HAVE TO AGREE TO DISAGREE AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THE BIBLE DOES NOT GIVE US ENOUGH INFO TO SAY WHO IS WHO IN THE ZOO.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
dude thats my point. Filling my head with these interpretation is not a good idea at all. I mean what if your wrong? Huh? I am not going to give you my views because there's good chance i am wrong, and the same applies to you. I MEAN LET'S BE HONEST THE WORD RUSSIA IS NOT IN THE BIBLE, AND FOR ALL WE KNOW THOSE PROPHECIES COULD BE ABOUT ANY OTHER NATION. HERE WE HAVE TO AGREE TO DISAGREE AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THE BIBLE DOES NOT GIVE US ENOUGH INFO TO SAY WHO IS WHO IN THE ZOO.
Well, dude, the word Bible isn't in the Bible. lol...and I'm pretty sure English wasn't used back in those days, so of course Russia wouldn't be in there. Neither is the word Iran. But Persia (Iran) is and so is Rosh, Meshech, Tubal, and Magog all of which were ancient tribes that occupied what is today modern Russia. If you don't want to participate, then please don't. But do not attempt to shut up those who study the Word and the prophecies within.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
well, dude, the word bible isn't in the bible. Lol...and i'm pretty sure english wasn't used back in those days, so of course russia wouldn't be in there. Neither is the word iran. But persia (iran) is and so is rosh, meshech, tubal, and magog all of which were ancient tribes that occupied what is today modern russia. If you don't want to participate, then please don't. But do not attempt to shut up those who study the word and the prophecies within.
listen brother i am not shutting any one up. I am expressing my views about your article. If you can not take criticism then maybe you should not post it.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
listen brother i am not shutting any one up. I am expressing my views about your article. If you can not take criticism then maybe you should not post it.
Actually, you came in here to voice an opinion that you didn't want to hear anything about this:

Quote:
Why not just not post anything at all and not read it? Or, try studying the topic yourself and maybe you will learn something you did not know before?

Old 03-10-2009, 09:20 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,398 times
Quote:
That you don't want to debate? lol...I don't remember, honestly.
You need some Ginkgo biloba.

*AHEM*

I laughed because I've never ever heard that a natural gas field was going to be the spoil or "hook" used by the Lord to turn Israel's enemies around and lure them into war. This is one of those situations in which a particular denomination or group of Christians understands and interprets those verses to mean one thing, while another understands and interprets them differently.

Couple of questions: Are you saying Russia is Magog? Who/where are Meshech and Tubal?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
You need some Ginkgo biloba.

*AHEM*

I laughed because I've never ever heard that a natural gas field was going to be the spoil or "hook" used by the Lord to turn Israel's enemies around and lure them into war. This is one of those situations in which a particular denomination or group of Christians understands and interprets those verses to mean one thing, while another understands and interprets them differently.

Couple of questions: Are you saying Russia is Magog? Who/where are Meshech and Tubal?
The Bible does not tell us what the hook will be. We can only speculate and natural resources are a very possible scenario. I believe the hook could also that Russia and its allies attack Israel because of her destroying Damascus, Hezbollah, and Hamas. No matter what the hook might be, the Bible says there is indeed a hook that will draw Russia and its allies against the apple of God's eye. And that they will fall onto the mountains of Israel by God's supernatural intervention.

So please tell me, what is your interpretation? Let me also ask you, do you believe in the return of Jesus Christ who will set up His kingdom on earth? It will happen because He said so, why would anyone (not you in particular) reject that it could be soon, very soon?

And yes, I am saying Russia is Magog. Meshech and Tubal are ancient tribes located in what today is known as the former Soviet Republics, Turkey, and southern Russia.

Here is an excellent map:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bb/Noahsworld_map.jpg (broken link)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bb/Noahsworld_map.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by carolina_guy; 03-11-2009 at 09:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity