Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:54 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,712,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
How did my post connect to what you just said again? Me advocating violence or being an extremist Christian for that matter?
You were asking about militant behavior by atheists. I didn't see any of them advocating military action or violence against believers and concluded that there was none. Do you disagree, and more importantly, do you have any reason to?

Quote:
Are you aware of the amount of threads appear on this forum mocking Those who believe in God etc?
Nope. Please point to specific examples of threads created simply to mock believers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 11:28 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
You were asking about militant behavior by atheists. I didn't see any of them advocating military action or violence against believers and concluded that there was none. Do you disagree, and more importantly, do you have any reason to?

Nope. Please point to specific examples of threads created simply to mock believers.
Yeah I was quoted as someone with mocking behavior so I figured you might as well go on and find those mocking believers as well. Especially since I had no clue why I was tagged. Lol

Old 05-23-2013, 11:34 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
There do seem to be two camps here and everyone seems to be pretty set in their beliefs. There do seem to be a lot of attempts to play gotcha here. I visit once in a while, but don't get too involved as I don't see much point in it.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
There do seem to be two camps here and everyone seems to be pretty set in their beliefs. There do seem to be a lot of attempts to play gotcha here. I visit once in a while, but don't get too involved as I don't see much point in it.
You're smart. I'd like to become more of an observer and go back into the woodwork again but I enjoy learning about spirituality and things of that nature and tend to get more when I post because it keeps me "attached" to the thread.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:16 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
You're smart. I'd like to become more of an observer and go back into the woodwork again but I enjoy learning about spirituality and things of that nature and tend to get more when I post because it keeps me "attached" to the thread.
When is spirtuallity ever discussed?

Those types of threads seem to be heavily trolled and subsequently closed from the word go.

If you do not believe me, start a welcoming thread about spirituality or anything/something related to the supernatural and just sit back and observe.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:35 PM

27,544 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
If you do not believe me, start a welcoming thread about spirituality or anything/something related to the supernatural and just sit back and observe.
Well, if you started a thread about the existence of cyclops, then where do you think that discussion would go?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
When is spirtuallity ever discussed?

Those types of threads seem to be heavily trolled and subsequently closed from the word go.

No I believe you. I think that's the underlying mission. But in the moments when the threads are open, I get something out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality