Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 08:57 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,396,502 times

Advertisements

In my opinion creationism, evolution and science need not be mutually exclusive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 10:23 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,581,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
No. It's because we have better arguments than the theists who seem to have infinite amounts of time to spend lobbing brickbats and mocking at atheism.

And where are these brickbats and mockings of which you speak?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:24 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,025,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
In my opinion creationism, evolution and science need not be mutually exclusive.
They're not. We're being forced to play some game as if they are.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:24 PM

27,698 posts, read 28,806,410 times
Quote:
Evolution is science. Creationism is nothing but the wild imaginings of ancient human beings.

A supernatural being created the universe, the earth and people? Yeah, sure. It must have happened that way.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:44 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,396,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Evolution is science. Creationism is nothing but the wild imaginings of ancient human beings.

A supernatural being created the universe, the earth and people? Yeah, sure. It must have happened that way.
But I'm supposed to believe in some "big bang" theory or growing out of some tiny atom millions of years ago.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:13 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,726,885 times
Quote:
But I'm supposed to believe in some "big bang" theory or growing out of some tiny atom millions of years ago.
I could not care less what you choose to believe. Just stay out of the way when people who do know something about science set education or government policy.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:24 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,726,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
And where are these brickbats and mockings of which you speak?
They're not hard to find :

Quote:
Reading some of the posts around here in the not-so-layman jargon, it's hard to gauge whether this forum attracts the more anti-religious zealots or the more righteous folks happy to help those in spiritual need.
Quote:
It was my conclusion (and that of psychologists - if you read up on it) that the energy spent, the time wasted on their hatred toward her, signified their wanting to be her, to their disgust with their own lives, that they wasted indicating this.

You seem to "waste" a lot of time here on an issue that really, according to your worldview, and maybe that indicates something more, subconsciously on your behalf. Just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
Sigh...militant to the very end. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Tthe Religion and Spirituality forum is a mixed bag , where if you come fishing for men , you can be sure to catch piranha instead as the opposition can be expected
Quote:
I can't help it that more than a few atheists have been some of the most negative, Debby downers I've come in contact with, and that in the inner city here the religious folks (churches) are the ones that in the streets cleaning up, creating food shelters, helping the needy out, and are pretty much almost always cordial and inviting.

Atheists really have brought it upon themselves as far as the majority of Americans looking at them in a negative light.
There's a reason the atheist crowd comes off as a bunch of condescending, pessimistic, negative Grinches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And for no reason. They just want to attack anything good. You say what you have to say and then you go away and let them attack. When they are attacking, at least they read something to attack. Maybe the seed will some day grow. There is always hope.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:36 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,238,870 times
Quote:
Reading some of the posts around here in the not-so-layman jargon, it's hard to gauge whether this forum attracts the more anti-religious zealots or the more righteous folks happy to help those in spiritual need.

So what's the consensus on where in line the rhetoric falls around here?
anti.

And there are a lot of pseudo-Christians around here that get lumped in with Christianity. There are very few Christians on this board that would agree with Christianity as it's been taught for 2000 years.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,262,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
anti.

And there are a lot of pseudo-Christians around here that get lumped in with Christianity. There are very few Christians on this board that would agree with Christianity as it's been taught for 2000 years.
Aaaaand once again we get treated to someone deciding who is and who isn't a Christian.

Breaking news: God is still in His heaven and YOU don't get to decide.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:02 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,238,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Aaaaand once again we get treated to someone deciding who is and who isn't a Christian.

Breaking news: God is still in His heaven and YOU don't get to decide.
Whatever. There was a question asked, and I answered. If you don't agree....fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality