Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 11:19 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, this is actually a complicated topic, esp to put into words...I say that because so many
in their NDEs, for example have such a hard time when they "get" the Whole Picture all at once
in a place where there is no sense of time...!

If we see a little boy in a garden pulling off the wings of a butterfly...do we say that is evil...
(A Swami/Guru equated God to just that...an inquistive boy playing in a garden...wow...had never heard
that before, but it seemed to make sense to me.)

What appears as evil and bad to us here...I would have to question , is it? The Holocaust will brought up as if I have
never heard of it, naturally.
With that I would also have to say, there is One Power, One Source...so all the bad gets it's juice from ...
ultimately the One Source.
So, indeed, that would make the Creative Being...both good and bad....but it would also be relative....to one
playing in the garden
...the creator of the garden and the one knowing it is all made up and all will
be eventually coming Home back in union with It one day....where there are no days, that is.

See, how it is hard to put into words? Ha!

The main thing is there's a Bigger Picture than what we see, obviously...I believe it is so very important and wise to consider many angles to what our puny senses perceive.
Well, I get a pretty clear picture and I would tend to use terms like matter, physics, reality, evolution, and nature and the Huge Unknown to what we don't know.

The only thing that would merit the tag 'God' is a forward plan in all this and that's just what I don't see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 02:05 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
How fascinating...I have never heard someone say or be concerned
about a "forward plan".

Later I will type something you may enjoy very much, my dear Arequipa.
Say, do you have a nick name that is easier?

Old 05-18-2013, 02:54 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,112 times
Quote:
So you and Jer Z believe that?

I don't and couldn't...and why people get upset with me bec I don't blindly believe
all things written in that book.
If I did I would probably rather be an atheist or despise my very Creator!

The things that are imposed upon my Father doing are just awful...and why I believe
were made up by Man's primitive thinking.

It's been a week since I wrote the OP and said 'thems aren't fightin words'.
But, this morning I just felt like saying my veiw...which regrettfully may get some mad.

I see atheists' point in the idea that God is a murderous Being...and thus, their bewilderment
in how some love a God like this...I am also bewildered. And this is not my experience of Him.

I don't blame God for any of my misfortunes...if I cross on a Red Light and get hit,
it was was MY fault.
You continue to refer to "your experiences". How do you know this is a god? What reference do you have to compare these experiences with that would cause you to conclude that, Yes, this is God, and not a hallucination or some other psychological condition, i.e. schizophrenia?

Old 05-18-2013, 04:43 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
I believe God does away with wrathful people who made wrathful choices.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:50 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
Quote:
Just wondering. Them's aren't fightin' words....just "How come"...?
Thanx in advance.
Bible says this: John 3:36 [SIZE=2] Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.[/SIZE]

So I guess I'll go with what John said.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Bible says this: John 3:36 [SIZE=2] Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.[/SIZE]

So I guess I'll go with what John said.
Whatever floats your boat.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:00 PM

Hi Amaznjohn,

How do I know? Valid question.
However, nothing I say could satisfiy someone...UNLESS.. they knew me for decades
and sat with me, looked into my eyes...as I told them or sat with me AS these experiences were happening!
Nothing like a contact high.

I could have had an NDE and traveled to the outer reaches of this Galaxy...how does one REALLY
transmit that to another? Well, sometimes it can happen to a ready receptive soul...

How does one know they are in love? A friend could see it...and feel the change...
Sorry...I'm not so good at explaining something is NOT an hallucinagen.

My soul knows. A soul knows. You will know.

And it will never make any difference if anyone ever believes you...bec you know now.
You have been given the Connection....and your life is forever changed.

Sorry, not much help, I tried.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:48 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
How fascinating...I have never heard someone say or be concerned
about a "forward plan".

Later I will type something you may enjoy very much, my dear Arequipa.
Say, do you have a nick name that is easier?
My friends call me Arq. In Arkansas that is spelt 'Awk'.

'Forward planning' is what I came down to requiring of a cosmic mind before I called it 'God' rather than 'nature'.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:52 PM

Good thing I don't reject His son , sounds like...Yikes!

Old 05-18-2013, 08:20 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Hi Amaznjohn,

How do I know? Valid question.
However, nothing I say could satisfiy someone...UNLESS.. they knew me for decades
and sat with me, looked into my eyes...as I told them or sat with me AS these experiences were happening!
Nothing like a contact high.

I could have had an NDE and traveled to the outer reaches of this Galaxy...how does one REALLY
transmit that to another? Well, sometimes it can happen to a ready receptive soul...

How does one know they are in love? A friend could see it...and feel the change...
Sorry...I'm not so good at explaining something is NOT an hallucinagen.

My soul knows. A soul knows. You will know.

And it will never make any difference if anyone ever believes you...bec you know now.
You have been given the Connection....and your life is forever changed.

Sorry, not much help, I tried.
It cannot be communicated believably to another person, Miss Hepburn. Perhaps the oldest skeptical accusation against believers has been the one against this special "knowing" asserted by believers. I have tried to explain it many times to no avail. I draw a parallel to the dream state because often in dreams we seem to "know" things that cannot be explained by ANY of the actual content of the dream. It is a background "knowing" and certainty that transcends the dream content. Anyone who has experienced this "knowing" state within a dream can perhaps get a mere hint of the kind of "knowing" you and I experience about God and His love, Miss Hepburn. It is also why they will accuse us of "dreaming."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality