Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:41 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,372,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
People who think and question things require proof.
Can you prove that, or do you just take it on faith that they do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 02:55 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing12 View Post
the one good thing about the Bush Presidency is people are seeing Religion and Christianity for the fraud it is
wrong!It only proves that people may twist words to benefit their positions!

I said it before,keep a personal relationship with God and Im sure it will be beneficial, but get into deep discussions like here at the forum and a mountain of personal opnions and bias will cloud the whole topic.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:59 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,385,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I said it before,keep a personal relationship with God and Im sure it will be beneficial, but get into deep discussions like here at the forum and a mountain of personal opnions and bias will cloud the whole topic.
Yep - this forum is more "dangerous territory" for Christians.
BEWARE: Open discussions about philosophical/religious concepts are happening here!
Don't look or the devil may get 'ya.

Seriously, though, I'll take this opportunity to thank all of the Christians that do post here despite the presence of heathens of like myself.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:41 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,881 times
I like what Einstein said about a future religion.

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity." - Albert Einstein

Old 11-01-2007, 06:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,954 times
Default buzzbom

Im confused if God is the supreme being who created
heaven and earth why do humans see it as a neccessity
that God needs our worship is God some kind of egotistical
entity that craves worship.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:32 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
One gets that impression doesn't he?

Old 11-01-2007, 06:40 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
And seethes with furious feelings of revenge, sending all who don't into the most horrible eternal agony possible.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:40 PM

39 posts, read 532,988 times
Many of you seemed to think my tone came across a bit arrogant and "angry". I'm sorry you felt that way, as that was not my intention at all. I guess I'm just very direct in the way I voice my opinions.

I'm not suggesting that Christians are stupid. Quite the contrary. I think what irritates myself and other like-minded non-believers is the complete lack of regard for common sense and scientific/proveable facts/evidence, which seems to be quite pervasive among many Christians.

Let's face it - the reason gay marriage is not legal and may not be legal for some time is because the religious right (which is Christian) has decided that homosexuality is a deviance and a "sin" as detailed within biblical scripture. We've been over many times on this forum before that homosexuality is a mere variation of heterosexuality and observable in a plethora of natural animal communities.

I'm gay. And what I'd really like to know is, why don't I see this same outpouring of support for gays and lesbians when Christians (specifically Christians on this board) attack, insult, and degrade homosexuals with slurs and derogratory remarks?

Yet when someone comes on "attacking" (I still fail to see how questioning one for their beliefs qualifies as an "attack") Christians, all hell breaks loose. It's clearly a double standard.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:53 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Sophix ~ is Christianity the only religion that is against homosexuality?

Old 11-01-2007, 07:04 PM

39 posts, read 532,988 times
No. And that's why I stated that religion will eventually become obsolete. However, given that majority of Americans, and the majority on this board are Christians, I specifically made this topic pertinent to them.

This really is a waste of time. Religion, which has no scientific backing and continues to spread misinformation, really isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Providing moutain upon mountain of scientific evidence is not going to change the minds of the dovoutly religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality