Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 11:05 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,676,069 times

Advertisements

Requesting prayer for this grandchild of member Verna Perry who writes

Attachment 89483this is my beautiful, 3 year old grand daughter, Teagan JoAnna. At 3 months old, she was found to have been born with Juvenile Scoliosis (curvature of the spine). She was fitted with a brace right away, and has been in one ever since. She straightened out a little with the brace, but they found that the brace was not enough...so she has been in a body cast, from her underarms down just below her hip bones (she is in one now under her beautiful dress...look at that precious smile).

They put her under every few months to cut the old one she has on, off, and replaces it with a larger size...and they will continue to do this until she is 6 yers old, then they will surgically place a rod that cranks (while she is under anasthesia) on her spine, that will grow with her as she grows......she is in constant pain..."It hurts mommy" she says to my daughter, her mommy. "Pain medicine please mommy"...she says to her mommy when she hurts real bad......she wouldn't walk due to the pain...she wouldn't dance...or twirl...like she always used to do...until....

...until she received this beautiful red, sparkling dress for her birthday (Dec.7th) from her grandma...when she opened it, she said to her mommy, "Put on now!"...and when my daughter put the dress on her...she got up from the sofa and skipped...danced and twirled...in her pink Ballerina Slippers......forgetting about her pain...sigh.....my Princess.

God Bless,
Verna.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-27-2015 at 06:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 01:00 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,720,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Attachment 88408

Please pray for this little girl and for her dad, gramma and her family..She is in very critical condition with bleeding on the brain , multiple broken bones and collapsed lung ..injuries received from the anger of her mommies bf who grabbed her by the ankles and slammed her against a wall..

Also pray that the bf will stop running and turn himself in.

Her name is Kendra and she is the neice of my granddaughter in law..
.......dear sweet Jesus...love on this baby...

Old 01-10-2012, 03:20 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,252,568 times
A prayer request for me:

I have an oligodendroglioma, a brain tumor that is generally terminal but associated with long survival (>10-20y) in some cases. I was diagnosed with it and had it removed in October of 2009 after having my first seizure in my senior-year class, and was on a rather benign oral chemotherapy regimen throughout most of 2010. I graduated from college on time while on it. Oligodendrogliomas are known to respond excellently to chemotherapy, though mine only was stable. Now in January 2012 it appears to be growing again, and perhaps has been since this summer. They are putting me on chemotherapy again, as they my age would preclude radiation therapy until it is absolutely necessary and the neurosurgeon feels that it is in too dangerous of a location to operate upon. I graduated from university in 2010, but have felt my world crashing down upon me as my house burnt down, a close ???? turned to drugs and him and his friends stole most of our stuff or were responsible for it being stolen, our family business of 20 years failed, my loving mother had a nervous breakdown which she still is miserably weak from, I have had difficulty getting a job, having originally planned to go to graduate school, etc., etc. I now live in a house that is heated to only 60 degrees because we have only a very small income, and received little energy assistance this year due to budget cuts, and whose future is also at risk: we received a letter from the bank recently telling us to consider a short-sale or foreclosure. We're roughly $5000 behind in house payments. My car, which I drove down yesterday for the appointment, had to be towed home as I ran out of money for transmission fluid, which I found myself constantly having to put in the transmission. I feel like my world is caving in on me, and really question the worth of living another day at times. Please pray for me and for my family - that the chemotherapy works on me and that our situation improves.

Last edited by tvdxer; 01-10-2012 at 03:29 AM..

Old 01-11-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
A prayer request for me:

I have an oligodendroglioma, a brain tumor that is generally terminal but associated with long survival (>10-20y) in some cases. I was diagnosed with it and had it removed in October of 2009 after having my first seizure in my senior-year class, and was on a rather benign oral chemotherapy regimen throughout most of 2010. I graduated from college on time while on it. Oligodendrogliomas are known to respond excellently to chemotherapy, though mine only was stable. Now in January 2012 it appears to be growing again, and perhaps has been since this summer. They are putting me on chemotherapy again, as they my age would preclude radiation therapy until it is absolutely necessary and the neurosurgeon feels that it is in too dangerous of a location to operate upon. I graduated from university in 2010, but have felt my world crashing down upon me as my house burnt down, a close ???? turned to drugs and him and his friends stole most of our stuff or were responsible for it being stolen, our family business of 20 years failed, my loving mother had a nervous breakdown which she still is miserably weak from, I have had difficulty getting a job, having originally planned to go to graduate school, etc., etc. I now live in a house that is heated to only 60 degrees because we have only a very small income, and received little energy assistance this year due to budget cuts, and whose future is also at risk: we received a letter from the bank recently telling us to consider a short-sale or foreclosure. We're roughly $5000 behind in house payments. My car, which I drove down yesterday for the appointment, had to be towed home as I ran out of money for transmission fluid, which I found myself constantly having to put in the transmission. I feel like my world is caving in on me, and really question the worth of living another day at times. Please pray for me and for my family - that the chemotherapy works on me and that our situation improves.
...I hear your heart...and you are being prayed for.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:53 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,676,069 times
Dear prayer warriors and all my friends here I come to you to ask for prayers/good thoughts of healing for my family..I just received news that one of my nephews, just 18 years old, and his girlfriend were both killed in an auto accident early this morning in Ohio..

Attachment 89746

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.â€

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-27-2015 at 06:56 PM..

Old 01-14-2012, 06:53 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,738,971 times
Quote:
Dear prayer warriors and all my friends here I come to you to ask for prayers/good thoughts of healing for my family..I just received news that one of my nephews, just 18 years old, and his girlfriend were both killed in an auto accident early this morning in Ohio..
My sincere condolences for you and the family's of those who have passed on in an untimely manner.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:23 PM

64,266 posts, read 40,902,739 times
Quote:
I am without words to express my sadness over such a tragedy in your family, Miss Blue. You know my prayers are with you and yours always.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:12 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,306,598 times
Miss Blue of course we will. What such a tragedy I know it is painful.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:18 PM

8,007 posts, read 12,386,572 times
Miss Blue:

In this time of grief, please know that June sends loving vibes of taking extra gentle care...

Holding you and your dear ones in her heart.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:48 AM

........dear Miss Blue...and everyone...In tears I write to you all...my heart is just broken...for everyone that is going through such trying times...some so hurtfull...and some so very traumatic...my heart goes out to all of you...and I feel great sadness in my heart for the pain so many are experiencing. Please know that my most sincere prayers are with each one of you.....I am so sorry.....I love you.

God Bless you all...each and every one.

Love in Christ Jesus,
Verna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality