Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 05:05 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,717,538 times

Advertisements

Please pray for my father...his name is Stewart...and he is 73 years old.

He's always been my knight in shining armor...my Superman...and he's been there for me whenwever I needed him...for anything. He would make it his priority, when I had to have surgery, to travel to my bedside to be there for me when I came out of recovery..and for a man who "never cried" ...he would cry while sitting in my hospital room waiting for me to wake up...(the nurse told me.) I have always been ("his darlin")...I love him dearly.

He has spent the last 5 months in the hospital...he came home once...only to return back after 11 days. He has conjestive heart disease...and this causes his kidneys to break down...and he labors to breath.

Today, at 9:00 am, they are putting him under, (as a final attempt to get his heart to beat with some kind of rythm...his blood pressure was 68/44 just 7 days ago) to shock his heart back into rythm...it may or may not work...50% chance. If this doesn't work, it is just a matter of time before he leaves me......I'm not sure how well I am going to handle this...I'm praying for strength to get through this.........

I want to be by his side...he's only 2 hours away...but my mother is going blind, and she lives with me, and I take care of her as well...and she needs me to be here with her...I've always been with him through every operation he has ever had (which has been alot due to his sick heart)...and now...when it could be the last time I can be with him...I am unable to do so. If my father pulls through this shock thing...on a day when my mother is having a good day, I would like to go to be with him somehow...pray that this happens...that I will have the means to do so...I hope so much to be able to kiss his sweet face at least one more time...and let him hear me tell him I love him...and hear him tell me loves me back......thank you.

Pray for my mother too please...thank you. Her name is JoAnn.

Love,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 09:29 AM

64,243 posts, read 40,859,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Please pray for my father...his name is Stewart...and he is 73 years old.

He's always been my knight in shining armor...my Superman...and he's been there for me whenwever I needed him...for anything. He would make it his priority, when I had to have surgery, to travel to my bedside to be there for me when I came out of recovery..and for a man who "never cried" ...he would cry while sitting in my hospital room waiting for me to wake up...(the nurse told me.) I have always been ("his darlin")...I love him dearly.

He has spent the last 5 months in the hospital...he came home once...only to return back after 11 days. He has conjestive heart disease...and this causes his kidneys to break down...and he labors to breath.

Today, at 9:00 am, they are putting him under, (as a final attempt to get his heart to beat with some kind of rythm...his blood pressure was 68/44 just 7 days ago) to shock his heart back into rythm...it may or may not work...50% chance. If this doesn't work, it is just a matter of time before he leaves me......I'm not sure how well I am going to handle this...I'm praying for strength to get through this.........

I want to be by his side...he's only 2 hours away...but my mother is going blind, and she lives with me, and I take care of her as well...and she needs me to be here with her...I've always been with him through every operation he has ever had (which has been alot due to his sick heart)...and now...when it could be the last time I can be with him...I am unable to do so. If my father pulls through this shock thing...on a day when my mother is having a good day, I would like to go to be with him somehow...pray that this happens...that I will have the means to do so...I hope so much to be able to kiss his sweet face at least one more time...and let him hear me tell him I love him...and hear him tell me loves me back......thank you.

Pray for my mother too please...thank you. Her name is JoAnn.

Love,
Verna.
My prayers are with you and yours, Verna . . . as always,
In Christ's love,
Mystic

Old 02-01-2012, 08:43 PM

9,496 posts, read 13,010,974 times
My spiritual best wishes also go out to you and your family, Verna. The human body is truly a wonderful machine and it may often surprises us all, in this case through your father's improvement.

Take care! Rusty.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:35 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,664,772 times
Verna's Father has passed on..Condolences to Verna Perry , her mom and all the others who loved him..

Old 02-12-2012, 12:09 AM

7,284 posts, read 13,002,113 times
Please pray for me and my family. We have had a recent family trauma that has shaken and shattered the entire family - I would appreciate any prayers for healing for me and my family members who are struggling - that everyone be restored to health and wholeness and that all family relationships be repaired and that all individuals be healed spiritually, emotionally, physically, and mentally. Thank you

Old 02-12-2012, 07:56 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,664,772 times
i'mcurious, I am so sorry that you and your loved ones are facing so much heartache now ..I join the many prayer warriors here in prayer for you and the family. Be strong and know that He is near.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:20 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,734,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Please pray for me and my family. We have had a recent family trauma that has shaken and shattered the entire family - I would appreciate any prayers for healing for me and my family members who are struggling - that everyone be restored to health and wholeness and that all family relationships be repaired and that all individuals be healed spiritually, emotionally, physically, and mentally. Thank you

imcurious, I offer up prayers to the Creator of us all that he looks over and sees your family through this trauma and restores a calm stability to your family and heals those that are in sickness and that he holds you in his gentle hands.osay

Old 02-12-2012, 05:15 PM

Thank you to everyone who offered prayers of support and healing for me and my family - may you all be blessed ten-fold for your efforts. Thank you so much!

Old 02-26-2012, 12:04 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,705,396 times
Need double prayer request. My mom had a stroke this weekend and is hospitalized. She has no memory of anyone or anything. We don't think she may ever be able to go live in her house again as she lives alone. She is resting comfortably with the rest of my family at her side.
Also my beloved dog Juneau has had a very bad week. She broke a tooth last week and wouldn't stop bleeding. After a trip to a specialty hospital in Raleigh, we discovered she has cancer and it is inoperable because she has a clotting issue. Her blood will not clot and there is really nothing they can do for her. She is home now resting. Please pray that we have the strength to put her to rest when the time comes.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:57 PM

Dear triiker: I will pray that you and your family will have the strength and clarity you need to do whatever it is you feel is appropriate to do. Blessings to you and your mom and your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality