Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 08:18 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,247,946 times

Advertisements

NewAgeRedneck I will remember you in my prayers along with Alpha's father and that precious baby Christine.

Please keep my daughter in all of yours. She went to Baptist Hospital and they have found cancer cells in her bladder. She is going to have surgery on March the 25 (I think she said)anyway it is sometime this month. Pray that she remains strong and doesn't revert back to drinking or drugs.
So far she is doing so good and I am so proud of her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 10:29 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,189,782 times
I'm sorry to her about your daughter's cancer, thefer. I will keep her in my prayers as well as all others who need some support and God's help.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:32 PM

72,579 posts, read 18,279,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
Prayer Request to help me get thru the darkness I feel as described below.
Over the past several months I've been to the dentist on several ocassions and I spent more than $3000 for costs incurred that my insurance didn't cover. Since my last visit 6 days ago, I've had a nasty toothache that seems to color my world very darkly. I'm feeling very angry & fearful. Angry at God for creating a universe that includes pain, angry at my parents for not providing better dental care when I was young, angry at myself for not taking better care of myself, angry at the dentist for not being more tuned in, fearful that I might have to get back on that dentist chair and suffer more pain and trauma, and spend even more money on dental treatments that leave me in greater pain AFTER the treatment than I had before treatment ( I had NO pain prior to the dental treatments, just 4 broken teeth that needed to be crowned and one very deep cavity that needed a filling ).
Thanks in advance for your prayers. They are greatly appreciated!
I am so sorry to what's happening with you. I have been thinking about you often since I haven't seen your posts and I should have said hello sooner.
Will pray for you and wish you the best.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:35 PM

72,579 posts, read 18,279,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
NewAgeRedneck I will remember you in my prayers along with Alpha's father and that precious baby Christine.

Please keep my daughter in all of yours. She went to Baptist Hospital and they have found cancer cells in her bladder. She is going to have surgery on March the 25 (I think she said)anyway it is sometime this month. Pray that she remains strong and doesn't revert back to drinking or drugs.
So far she is doing so good and I am so proud of her!
We'll keep her in our prayers,thefer

Old 03-03-2008, 10:06 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,051,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommiewrites View Post
Or we could phrase it this way...

Lord, please ensure that the leaders within our nation have you in their heart and wisdom and maturity bestowed from you lead this country through difficult times.

Let our leaders wisdom and knowledge guide them in making the best decisions.

Embrace them with your love, and give them strength in a turbulent world.

Amen.

For the record, no democrat has ever received my vote!
A BIG AMEN to that!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:19 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,676,069 times
Almighty Father, I come before you this morning to honor, praise and in thanksgiving for the successful surgery and the healing that continues to take place with our brother Alpha's father..Thank you Lord for the fellowship and love that is shown here daily amongst us who may be strangers on the streets, but have become family and friends through these forums.. In Jesus name, I pray...amen

Old 03-03-2008, 11:32 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,051,313 times
New and Thefer, please know I am praying for you!! I know how hard both of these situations must be. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

My mom just had to rush my dad to the emergency room. He woke up about 3am with shortness of breath and some kind of gurgling sound. As some of you know, he just got out of the hospital a couple of weeks ago...He had a blockage and they put a couple of stents in. Something isn't right here.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:49 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,676,069 times
Kawg, I am so sorry about this setback with your dad..Prayers going up for all of you..Please keep us informed ..

Prayers for Thefer's daughter, Newage and all the requests here..

Old 03-03-2008, 12:08 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,711,906 times
kawg, know that I am praying...Please, as soon as you can, give us an update. We are worried...

Old 03-03-2008, 07:42 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,247,946 times
kawg I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, praying he will be alright.
I hesitate to say anything but here goes!! My daughter came to my house this evening and she had been drinking. I know she may fall back from time to time but she was doing so good. I tried talking and being calm. Guess yall better start praying for me. I'm trying to just put it in the Lords hands and not worry.
Hugs to you all! I think I just needed to tell someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality