Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 12:00 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,810,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post

I would like to ask that you all say a little prayer for me and my family. While going back to work will help us financially, it is going to put a BIG strain on my kids. I will be working swing shift, at least for a while, and won't get to see my kids much. I am actually really hating this at the moment.

Thanks everyone! I'll try to talk to you soon.

Kawg,
Will definately be praying for you and the family. I am in this same mode of contemplation. Have actually put in a job app., but was very specific with the hours that I could keep. The one thing I can't give up at this young of age (my children, of course) is putting them to bed.
Weather...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 02:47 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,046,148 times
Thanks everyone!

The hours I will be working are 2pm-10pm. So far, I haven't heard anything back yet about that supervisor position I requested prayer for. So...for the time being, I took a position for hotel reservations. Not as much pay, and even though the hours stink, it won't be quite so many hours.

I appreciate the prayers. I just wish something would happen around here so that we can sell that house and reduce our bills AND eventually move out of here.

Oh well...one day at a time...right?

Old 01-14-2008, 02:57 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,652,616 times
Kawg, I am going to pray real hard for that house to get sold sol your financial burden will be eased..Hopefully before long you can negotiate a more suitable scgedule for the sake of the kids, being a super mom like you are..

Christine and Gem remain at the top of my prayer list..

Just a note that I am going to have a heart cath in the morning so may not be on until late tomorrow evening..I am sure everything will be just fine..I am pretty stubborn about being ill..Makes me mad at myself..God bless everyone

Old 01-14-2008, 04:58 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,046,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Kawg, I am going to pray real hard for that house to get sold sol your financial burden will be eased..Hopefully before long you can negotiate a more suitable scgedule for the sake of the kids, being a super mom like you are..

Just a note that I am going to have a heart cath in the morning so may not be on until late tomorrow evening..I am sure everything will be just fine..I am pretty stubborn about being ill..Makes me mad at myself..God bless everyone
I will definitely be keeping you in prayer as well Blue! I'm sure everything will be just fine as well. He's not done with you yet.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:18 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,355,898 times
Quote:

Have prayed for you and will continue to do so, blue! Let us know how it went!

Old 01-15-2008, 01:30 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,181,276 times
Wink Good to hear you are feeling better, kaykay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Just posted this on the "does prayer work" thread, but thought I should also say something here. Thanks for all those that prayed for me last week. After being sick almost a month, I feel well today! Thanks sooo much for the prayers.
So happy to hear you are feeling better, kaykay! Prayers do miracles! And, chicken soup isn't bad either!

Old 01-15-2008, 01:33 PM

Wink Be well, blue62.

Quote:

Thanks for the prayers, blue62, and remember that you are in mine and so many others too.

I have no internet for a few days - but I will get to the library when I can to check in. I hope my next visit to the library will bring good news about your cath. Hang in there and you will be up and about before you know it.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:37 PM

Kawg and weatherologist, I certainly will remember you both in my prayers. It is difficult when we are faced with job and financial problems, but we are promised that we will not have to endure any more than we can bear. Wonderful hope.

And, boy, are kids resilient. I bet your kids, kawg, will surprise you with how well they take the cut-backs that may be necessary for awhile. I will remember you all and your families in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:37 PM

72,553 posts, read 18,264,448 times
Praying for all of you! Great to be here. Feels like home

Old 01-15-2008, 03:30 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,463,086 times
Please could you pray for a friend of our family who at the age of 40 and with two young children has been diagnosed with bowel cancer. Thank you very much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality