Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 06:07 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,664,772 times

Advertisements

Aiangel, tears of compassion and prayers for healing are being sent..I cannot imagine the pain of my heart being ripped apart with grief of losing two precious children in one tragic accident..I imagine the whole small community there is in sorrow this night..God is in their midst...He understands grief, because he suffered and shed tears as a human for his friend who died..May the light of his comort and healing embrace this family and your community..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 06:14 PM

8,006 posts, read 12,379,400 times
Default Such heavy, heavy hearts...

For all who are grieving:

To take gentle, gentle care...

Old 12-20-2007, 07:22 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,364,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Oh guys, I am so in shock and am sick to my stomach.

I got a call this afternoon that one of my youngest sons, Alex, classmates got killed this morning. She was 12 and in the 7th grade. She and her sister were coming in from town and had a wreck, the sister is 16 and has been flown to Memphis with severe trauma and in critical condition, they do not expect her to live.

My son, who is in 8th grade, knew both of these girls, they live in our community and are so sweet. This has just broken my heart.

I ask for prayers for Laura, the 16 year old and for her parents who must be beside themselves.

I also ask for prayers for my son. There is a prayer vigil at school tonight after church, I ask for prayers for the school officials and counselors as they try to console a whole school. Pray for all these children as they try to come to terms with death, their grief and what ever else they might be feeling.

thank you guys....blessings to you...aiangel
Oh, what a tragedy. I will certainly be lifting them up, angel and praying for the girl who is fighting for her life. Please keep us updated. Because of the seriousness of this request, I have also passed it along to my church's prayer chain as well.

Last edited by kaykay; 12-20-2007 at 07:35 AM..

Old 12-21-2007, 07:40 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,812,305 times
My Dear Friends,

Please know that you are always in my heart and in my prayers. I am currenty working on "dial-up" and not on much. It has been a very busy season. I decided that I was a direct decendant of Betty Crocker and commited myself to so much baking, it has been really crazy. I don't know how much I will be on between now and the New Year, but wanted you to know that even if I do not get on to read your individual requests, I always lift you all and your intentions up to the Lord. He knows our needs and he hears our prayers. My heart goes out to all the families who are suffering lose this season. I pray that the Lord will help them to find comfort. I received a book just before Advent and it as been wonderful at keeping me focused on the season. It has daily readings, reflections, meditation, and prayers. I get to it as often as possible and God is a wonderful provider of my needs. It has been interesting, there have been times when I did not do my readings for a day or two and when I would finally get to it, the readings would seem so appropriate. Isn't our Lord wonderful! I am including a portion of a reading from Dec. 12 (this is one that I read late and instantly knew that I wanted to share it with you all) 'Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe'. It seemed even more appropriate to share it after I read the most recent requests.

From the book, Daily Reflections for ADVENT & CHRISTMAS, Waiting in Joyful Hope 2007-08.

...roses in December, green boughs of Christmas--signs of life and vibrancy in the midst of the frozen dormancy of winter. But beneath the winter cold, quiet growth is taking place: the soil is being enriched for spring planting; the buds sprout; flower bulbs are strengthened with nutrients to break through the soil in April; the rain and snow of winter replenish the lakes and streams for the year ahead. Winter is the season of gestation, of preparing, of waiting.
Winter can be a depressing time for us humans--yet it is in winter that we discover the God within, the God who dwells in our hearts and who animates our spirits and speaks to our consciences. In the love of family and friends this Christmas, may we behold the light of God's love in the dead of winter; in our generosity and kindness, may we make roses blossom in the December cold; in our struggle to imitate the forgiveness and justice of the gospel, may our lives begin to be transformed in Advent peace.

Meditation: How can you make this Advent winter a time for rediscovering the God within? How might you make flowers blossom for someone in the hard winter earth?

Prayer: Gracious God, may your word of life take root in our winter souls that we may experience the warmth and light of your eternal spring. Let your grace melt the coldness of estrangement and despair that grips us. Let your wisdom be the light that illuminates the dark confusion and hopelessness that separates us from you and from one another.

May God bless us all. May our lives be renewed as we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Weather...

Old 12-22-2007, 08:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,440,521 times
I have a prayer request for my sister, Cheryl. She was diagnosed with Mysthenia Gravis last year and we nearly lost her. I have prayed and prayed and prayed. I have dear friends that have been praying for her too. But she is once again back in the hospital with yet again another infection. She has been in the hospital more then she has been home for this last year. I don't know how much longer she can stay strong and keep fighting this horrible disease. I keep praying for a miracle. She needs a miracle. I know through prayer it can happen. Please help us if you will. My sister is a good christian person. I am begging at this time for some help here. Thank you so much.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:05 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,364,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I have a prayer request for my sister, Cheryl. She was diagnosed with Mysthenia Gravis last year and we nearly lost her. I have prayed and prayed and prayed. I have dear friends that have been praying for her too. But she is once again back in the hospital with yet again another infection. She has been in the hospital more then she has been home for this last year. I don't know how much longer she can stay strong and keep fighting this horrible disease. I keep praying for a miracle. She needs a miracle. I know through prayer it can happen. Please help us if you will. My sister is a good christian person. I am begging at this time for some help here. Thank you so much.
Will join you in prayer for this. I understand what it is because a friend of ours also is battling this. He has not been anywhere near this severe as it sounds like your sister has though. Will certainly pray for her! Thanks for posting on behalf of your sister! Blessings!

Old 12-22-2007, 09:49 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,440,521 times
Yes, she has had a couple of "Myasthenia Graqvis crisis". She was put on a ventalator for 2 weeks a few months ago because the muscles around her lungs would not function properly----they were very weak. A little over a year ago my sister walked her dogs faithfully five miles a day and loved each and every minute of her life. She loved life. She was very thankful and told God everyday she was thankful. Then the Myasthenia Gravis just hit and from then on her life has been going down hill. She has been basically in bed and in and out of the hospital with complications, mainly infections. Her bones are now soft from the medications and she broke her hip in the emergency room 3 weeks ago. She had to have a partial hip replacement. Her treatments are wearing on her. She is getting so tired of not being well or seemingly to be getting well. It's a constant fight. She puts her faith in God. So do I. But we need all the help we can get here. Thank you very much for praying for her.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:08 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,812,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I will also keep your sister in my prayers. I was diagnosed with MG 3-1/2 yrs ago. My case is obviously not as severe as your sisters. I will keep her close in my heart and prayers. Feel free to DM me if you just need someone to talk with.

Weather...

Old 12-24-2007, 09:35 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,664,772 times
Heavenly Father, I offer a humble prayer this morning that your joy and love will fill the hearts and souls of each and everyone of us this day and all the days to follow during this holiday season...May we share our blessings with love to those in need these days and each day of the coming year..I pray that you will comfort those who are lonely and those who are in grief..Please give special comfort to the families whose children are spending their first Christmas in Heaven this year...In Jesus name....amen

Old 12-24-2007, 09:37 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,048,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Heavenly Father, I offer a humble prayer this morning that your joy and love will fill the hearts and souls of each and everyone of us this day and all the days to follow during this holiday season...May we share our blessings with love to those in need these days and each day of the coming year..I pray that you will comfort those who are lonely and those who are in grief..Please give special comfort to the families whose children are spending their first Christmas in Heaven this year...In Jesus name....amen
Amen......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality