Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 07:18 PM

8,006 posts, read 12,379,400 times

Advertisements

June, still thinking of little Parker, and the Underwoods at this enormously sad time...

Holding them invisably in her heart...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 07:58 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,812,305 times
Default Parker Underwood

The Underwood's have posted funeral information on their site. They are also planning on doing some traveling soon if anyone wants to check out the specs. ParkerU.org.

Thank you again for all your love and faithfulness.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:56 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,048,822 times
Hey everyone...

I come tonight to ask everyone for prayer for a 7 week old baby. This family used to be members of our church, but they moved away. The kids in that family and my kids used to be very close. The older girl, she's now about 20 yrs old, just had a baby about 7 weeks ago.
Today, she (Amanda) was holding the baby and reached for something....some how she dropped the baby on the floor and the baby's skull is fractured. They just air lifted the baby to Phoenix. Please keep the baby as well as the family in your prayers. IF/when I hear any updates, I will let you all know. I am not sure what the baby's name is...but, as stated above, the mother's name is Amanda.

Thanks!

Old 11-20-2007, 08:48 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,816,670 times
Please know I'm praying for all the requests here... the Parkers, Amanda and the others.

I'd ask for some prayer for myself and my wife. As most know, I took a respit from the forum last month, to collect myself and renew myself. I did and I am. However, (skeptics, please no comments), I knew once I recommitted myself as a warrior for Christ, I'd face increasing attack from Satan. And, here it is.

I'd ask for prayers for my family and myself for financial concerns. We've been shaky for a while, but now it's getting a bit desparate. Somehow my bank accounts are completely off and we (bank or I) can figure out how, so I'm stuck with some unexpected charges, and no way to pay them and my monthly expenses.

On top of that, the medical front for both of us is getting worse. I've just been told today I have thyroid problems and I've been placed on medicine for that. My back is getting worse again (had back surgery 2 yrs ago) and it's getting harder to work. My wife's ailments are getting worse not better, including her diabetes, psoriosis (sp?), arthritis (can't hardly write or hold a cup), back (2 surgeries over 2 yrs with no improvement), and lungs (asthma and something with nodules). She can't work and hasn't for several years now. But with the financial trouble, she's blaming herself for not being able to contribute.

I know these aren't as serious as others, but I'd appreciate your support and prayers at this time. Thanksgiving is coming up and will be a brief distraction from all the havoc. Thanks to all for your continued support and blessings to you and yours

Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,048,822 times
I am praying for you Mams! Sometimes it really seems like we get hit in all different directions. When it rains it pours. But HE will be there, He IS faithful!
My warmest wishes to you.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:21 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,664,772 times
Heavenly Father, I humbly lift our beloved brother Mams and his family into your tender care and mercies. Dear Lord, I pray that if it be thy will, you will heal their bodies and allow them to find ways to meet their obligations..Dear Lord I thank you for sending Mams with his knowledge and steadfastness in Your word to this forum, where he has been a great inspiration and teacher..Dear God, we understand that this is not a perfect world and we were never promised a perfect life, but you gave us a way to find answers through prayer for your guidance. We know that you are the great physician and merciful Father..In the name of your precious Son, Jesus, this is my prayer...amen

Old 11-20-2007, 09:31 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,526,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Please know I'm praying for all the requests here... the Parkers, Amanda and the others.

I'd ask for some prayer for myself and my wife. As most know, I took a respit from the forum last month, to collect myself and renew myself. I did and I am. However, (skeptics, please no comments), I knew once I recommitted myself as a warrior for Christ, I'd face increasing attack from Satan. And, here it is.

I'd ask for prayers for my family and myself for financial concerns. We've been shaky for a while, but now it's getting a bit desparate. Somehow my bank accounts are completely off and we (bank or I) can figure out how, so I'm stuck with some unexpected charges, and no way to pay them and my monthly expenses.

On top of that, the medical front for both of us is getting worse. I've just been told today I have thyroid problems and I've been placed on medicine for that. My back is getting worse again (had back surgery 2 yrs ago) and it's getting harder to work. My wife's ailments are getting worse not better, including her diabetes, psoriosis (sp?), arthritis (can't hardly write or hold a cup), back (2 surgeries over 2 yrs with no improvement), and lungs (asthma and something with nodules). She can't work and hasn't for several years now. But with the financial trouble, she's blaming herself for not being able to contribute.

I know these aren't as serious as others, but I'd appreciate your support and prayers at this time. Thanksgiving is coming up and will be a brief distraction from all the havoc. Thanks to all for your continued support and blessings to you and yours
Hey mams,

I know I don't post on this particular thread much, if at all. I also know you and I don't see eye to eye hardly ever, if at all. But, I truly do hope that you get through these tough times. Best wishes to you.

GCSTroop

Old 11-20-2007, 10:14 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,664,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Hey everyone...

I come tonight to ask everyone for prayer for a 7 week old baby. This family used to be members of our church, but they moved away. The kids in that family and my kids used to be very close. The older girl, she's now about 20 yrs old, just had a baby about 7 weeks ago.
Today, she (Amanda) was holding the baby and reached for something....some how she dropped the baby on the floor and the baby's skull is fractured. They just air lifted the baby to Phoenix. Please keep the baby as well as the family in your prayers. IF/when I hear any updates, I will let you all know. I am not sure what the baby's name is...but, as stated above, the mother's name is Amanda.

Thanks!
I am praying for this baby that if it is Gods will that it will be healed . I pray for Amanda that God will lift her up and comfort in this terrible time..

Old 11-20-2007, 10:25 PM

8,006 posts, read 12,379,400 times
Quote:

Sending heartfelt thoughts of hope and strength. Please take gentle care of yourself...

-June

Old 11-20-2007, 11:50 PM

10 posts, read 8,439 times
Quote:

I haven't been here long Mams but I like your posts. I will hold you and your family in my prayers this Thanksgiving season and beyond. It will all work out my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality