Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 05:09 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,972,597 times

Advertisements

Pat Robertson challenges creationism – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Probably the only thing this man has ever said that I agreed with.

Creationism is finally dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 05:40 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,284,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post

Pat Robertson has become increasingly irrelevant in recent years. He certainly doesn't speak for me.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 PM

20,299 posts, read 13,692,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Pat Robertson has become increasingly irrelevant in recent years. He certainly doesn't speak for me.
Yes, he says random things all the time, and his credibility is pretty well shot with Christians, let alone unbelievers.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 AM

741 posts, read 1,293,983 times
People think the earth is 6000 years old????????????????????????????????????

Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,871,261 times
Creationism and adaptation or evolution is the same thing- God does not deal in time- He is eternal- six days could be six seconds or six trillion years...even an idiot can look at a fossil that is found where there once was an inland sea and is now desert- understands that the fossil is not confined to a 6000 year time frame.

Creationists and evolutionists may as well stop arguing....they are both correct. Except in one respect. Evolution is in part theoretical and speculation. Science is not carved in stone. It like all learning goes on forever. What is fact today is not fact tomorrow.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:54 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,623,201 times
You all need to come down to the bible belt & you would be shocked how many people this.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,871,261 times
Zealotry or institutionalized thinking was not approved of by Jesus. He expected people to use their God given minds to the full. If something does not makes sense then it is not true...The only thing that bothers me is the title of this thread - creationism is not dead...it is just being brought into the light- religion has darkened the idea... Religion is an institution much like science. Once they figure out they have all the answers they stick to their guns...In the mean time reality advances leaving the pigeon holing smug masters behind in the past. Institutionalization causes a static atmosphere...Learning is eternal.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,045,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post

I believe the earth is many millions of years old and believe in creationism.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:55 AM

354 posts, read 519,331 times
I believe I was created and I don't care if the earth is thousands, millions or billions old. like they always say. age does not matter. but my belief in God does and always will forever matter to me.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,669,588 times
who made Pat Robertson an authority figure to speak on such matters? Not GOD! I don't care how much money evangelicals pay him to speak lies on national TV. Who do you believe God or Man?

The indoctrination of a multi billion year old universe goes DEEP into the minds of society reaching to our most vulnerable population - our children. Adolf Hitler once said something of the equivalent "give me the public schools and you give me the nation", and we see it happening again. The REALITY is that a number of ASSUMPTIONS are built into the aging factors (things such as Evolution being Fact not religious ideology) and that when talking billions of years the percent error increases exponentially. The more one honestly studies the dating methods, the more flaws can be seen in their approach. Certainly it's not based upon FACT but scientific theory bordering on religious DOGMA.

Building theories on purported assumptions proclaimed as absolute FACT increases error exponentially and one thing we learn about man's scientific conclusions is that they have been wrong time after time and proven not to be FACT but erroneous conclusions by fallible Man. It is not good practice of science.

Man is fallible. God is not. Who are you putting your faith in? The day is coming when your faith will be tested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality