Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 12:40 PM

52 posts, read 76,475 times

Advertisements

I think that I can point out that evolutionism is a form of creationism. I do have to point out that evolution is indicated in the bible... It is in genesis. There is the first creation of man. I believe this to be cromagnon man. The bible states in genesis, "let us make him in our image, let us make him man and woman." And then there is the second creation where god made adam from the dust of the earth because he still had no man to til the earth. Cromagnon man was more of a hunter gatherer. Although I believe that cromagnon man was very intelligent, he still did not understand his environment enough to til the earth to produce food.

Since the earth is made ultimately of stardust, then anything created on earth, be it by man or god, is made of dust coming from the earth, which is still ultimately star dust. That is likely why we are said to return to dust when we die. Our bodies break down into the component atoms that were formed from the dust of stars.

Our DNA is made of atoms.. Again. atoms are stardust. As each organism reproduces, it forms a new organism from that very dust. Since every organism is never the same as the one it came from, it stands to reason that as new organisms are born, change happens in the total organization of the stardust within our DNA through generations. Changes in our DNA give different characteristics to each individual organism. This change in our DNA is evolution.

Ultimately the bible was written by man, when he still had very little idea of natural processes, and was attempting to explain then in a way that others might be able to comprehend at that given time with the very little given information that man had at the time. It is like this information was put together from information coming from a book that god himself wrote. What is that book you ask? Let's first consider this. A book has pages with information on the pages. Just like a book, our planet has pages. These would be the different layers that have been observed for so long. Like the pages of a book, each layer tells stories of earth history. God wrote this book, unlike the bible which was written by man, claiming to be inspired by god, and had no proof of being inspired by god. Where as our earth was created by god... So what are you going to believe more? a book written by god himself, (our planet) or a book written by man? (The Bible) God's true book, our planet, tells quite a story. It tells us that our planet is over 3 billion earth years old. Since time itself is really only relevant to the the velocity and orientation in space of the observer, (This is a proven law called time dilation. A concept of god's that was uncovered by Einstein's theory of relativity.) It is conceivable that that both the scientific community and the christian community can both be correct. God as an observer created our planet in six day. Humans as an observer see it took quite a bit more time.. We are not god. We are not traveling at the velocities that god can travel at, so our perception of time is very different than that of god's perception of time. It is "TIME" to put this petty arguing away about how old our planet is, and just realize that both science and god, (The true creator of science) can quite easily co-exhist. "AND" there is no reason that god could not have used evolution in the effort to create humans. At the speed of god, humans came to be in the time it took him to sneeze, flatulate, sigh, cough, or whatever he was doing while we were developing as a species.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 01:05 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,943,147 times
Hi Technodawg, welcome to CD.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:08 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:37 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,076,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technodawg View Post
I think that I can point out that evolutionism is a form of creationism.
Nope. It really isn't. Some people believe in a theistic evolution, some atheistic. It isn't always a form of creationism.
Quote:

I do have to point out that evolution is indicated in the bible...
No again.
Quote:

It is in genesis. There is the first creation of man. I believe this to be cromagnon man. The bible states in genesis, "let us make him in our image, let us make him man and woman." And then there is the second creation where god made adam from the dust of the earth because he still had no man to til the earth. Cromagnon man was more of a hunter gatherer. Although I believe that cromagnon man was very intelligent, he still did not understand his environment enough to til the earth to produce food.
Would a person read that from the text w/out trying to cram evolution into it? I don't believe so. I don't believe the text is saying that.
Quote:
Since the earth is made ultimately of stardust, then anything created on earth, be it by man or god, is made of dust coming from the earth, which is still ultimately star dust. That is likely why we are said to return to dust when we die. Our bodies break down into the component atoms that were formed from the dust of stars.

Our DNA is made of atoms.. Again. atoms are stardust. As each organism reproduces, it forms a new organism from that very dust. Since every organism is never the same as the one it came from, it stands to reason that as new organisms are born, change happens in the total organization of the stardust within our DNA through generations. Changes in our DNA give different characteristics to each individual organism. This change in our DNA is evolution.
A change in hair color or height does not equal an extra leg, or a third eye.

Quote:
Ultimately the bible was written by man, when he still had very little idea of natural processes, and was attempting to explain then in a way that others might be able to comprehend at that given time with the very little given information that man had at the time.
Yet, you are attempting to cram faulty scientific ideas into the Bible (which you believe to be imperfect).

I'm sorry...I just don't have it in me to read the rest of the babble.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:26 PM

<<<< KDBRICH>>>> A change in hair color means a change in the composition of atoms.. Atoms are stardust. There is nothing at all faulty with that science. I was actually giving the bible some credibility through science. without that science, there is no credibility to the bible. You are only ruining the word of the bible by arguing against what i said...

When I read genesis, I was not thinking of evolution. But it smacked me in the face. And i said indicated... Not proven... We are talking of perhaps a correlation, not causation. and if you knew of no other way to explain natural phenomena you would put some kind of divine twist on it like those that wrote the bible.

The difference between you and me here. Your words are pure opinion formed from what you have been told to believe, with no science nor religious philosophy to back it up either way. My words come from both science as well as literature from the bible to develop my opinion. Prove that GOD meant for what is said in the bible.. You can't.. However science proves things. The bible does not.

I have faith that god is very frustrated with those that do not observe his action.. That would be those very people that believe in BLIND faith.... I have seen god through science. God is Super String theory....

PLUS... When I read Genesis, I read the part that said let us make him in "OUR" image, let us make him man and woman.. That tells me that there is also a goddess.... Or god is a hermaphrodite..... I was not looking to find such information. Gee.. Maybe like those that wrote the bible, I was inspired by god to figure that out... Prove that wrong..

I used to be christian. Then I learned science and actually found god.. I see god in everything that exhists.

So tell me this.. What is your explanation for the two very differing creations?

Old 07-08-2009, 02:29 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,693,453 times
Kdbrich's explanation is always and forever that he is the only one who is right and everyone else is wrong, even when he's flat out proven to be wrong.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:43 PM

206 posts, read 233,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technodawg View Post
What is your explanation for the two very differing creations?
If you want to claim the two accounts contradict, make your assertion so that you can be disabused of that notion.

Otherwise the 'differences' amount to simply supplying of extra detail and context.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:50 PM

No claim to the two accounts contradicting were made. They didn't contradict, they were just different... Again.. I used differing, not contradicting...

Old 07-08-2009, 02:51 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,076,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Kdbrich's explanation is always and forever that he is the only one who is right and everyone else is wrong, even when he's flat out proven to be wrong.

I usually am right....yeah. But I have been wrong and I'll admit it if you show me where I'm wrong.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:52 PM

Read my word without anger nor fear. You might actually understand my words... Both fear and anger are blinding to the minds eye...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality