Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:28 PM

278 posts, read 357,899 times

Advertisements

Since making 1 on 1 debates are against forum rules, I will make a normal thread about this topic.

Evolution has quite a bit of evidence. One example is the evidence for human evolution. We have a very clear fossil record of the evolution of humans, that was found after this was predicted.

This is strong evidence for evolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 03:09 AM

701 posts, read 800,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeBlade View Post
christian god will soon go

At least 3000 years, and still going, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:22 AM

24 posts, read 22,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeBlade View Post
The law of evolution is fact. Even the adherents to fiction, i.e. "believers", accept it. They are just doing it incrementally, the first step is "within species" evolution. Next, the body of evidence will be so overwhelming, that even the most staunchest believer in "creation-(non)science" will submit and abandon that particular facet of their "doctrine", (creationism) in full acceptance of all "forms" of evolution as fact.

Truth is too powerful to be denied in perpetuity. Gods and dieties come and go, as the christian god will soon go, but truth (the quest for, we call "science"), will persist and expand forever.
I'm sure they said that about 2,000 years ago at the cross.

Mark 13:31 "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away." His word still the same to this day, but evolution has changed so much since it's inception. I'm sure you'll have a different definition by tomorrow.

BTW your god is only 150 years old....but the Earth is 4.5 billion years old according to him.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:46 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
At least 3000 years, and still going, I wouldn't hold your breath.
Brahma has been going longer....you wanna argue longevity equals truth??

Old 02-24-2012, 04:47 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post

BTW your god is only 150 years old....but the Earth is 4.5 billion years old according to him.
...back so soon wilson?

Last edited by Rafius; 02-24-2012 at 05:04 AM..

Old 02-24-2012, 04:57 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,056,537 times
Quote:
I'm sure they said that about 2,000 years ago at the cross.

Mark 13:31 "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away." His word still the same to this day, but evolution has changed so much since it's inception. I'm sure you'll have a different definition by tomorrow.

Evolution has no need of a god, nor does it pretend to be one. One can be religious and still accept evolution.

The concept that a person worships or reveres (or worse yet, fears ) evolution is simply a silly statement advanced by some YEC theist.

Yes, the earth is about 4.5 billion years old. This has been verified not only by evolution, but through other complementary disciplines. Geology, etc.

Ignoring facts as solidly documented as evolution or the age of the earth is simply foolish.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:36 AM

24 posts, read 22,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Evolution has no need of a god, nor does it pretend to be one. One can be religious and still accept evolution.

The concept that a person worships or reveres (or worse yet, fears ) evolution is simply a silly statement advanced by some YEC theist.

Yes, the earth is about 4.5 billion years old. This has been verified not only by evolution, but through other complementary disciplines. Geology, etc.

Ignoring facts as solidly documented as evolution or the age of the earth is simply foolish.
Ignoring what facts? Aging the earth's rocks...sure many methods agree with one another but does that mean they give accurate measurements?

Maybe it is you that is ignoring facts.

http://www.unmaskingevolution.com/6-earthage.htm
Radiometric Dating

You have make a ton of assumptions to make the kind of claims you are insisting on.

Last edited by cbs1507; 02-24-2012 at 06:30 AM..

Old 02-24-2012, 06:01 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,217,639 times
Quote:
Biography — Alexander Williams

www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/bios/a_ (broken link)williams.asp
Alex Williams was a part-time science writer for Answers in ... He accepted evolution as taught at school and university, but first began to doubt it in 1970 when ...

Nuff said...

Old 02-24-2012, 06:19 AM

857 posts, read 1,423,631 times
There is a fundamental difference between evolution and creationism. The theory of evolution as we know it today was derived from the study of facts and observations, evolution was not developed with a purpose or to attack anything, it is simply the best answer we have come up with to explain what we have observed. Creationism on the other hand, was developed to create a religious answer to the questions evolution raised. Evolution was developed without an end goal, it wasn't made to destroy religion, its just a theory to answer a scientific question. Creationism was created to counter evolution.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:19 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,217,639 times
The Age of the Earth

Folks visit this site we are being linked to by cbs, see the pretty colours, this is supposed to be a reputable source?

Not very convincing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality