Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 AM

2,439 posts, read 1,452,676 times

Advertisements

Is Pat Robertson a false prophet? "Mitt Romney will win the presidential election!" - YouTube

Robertson Admits He Blew Election Prediction He Received From God - YouTube

I don't know Pat personally, I'm also Christian, but he is wrong about his view concerning the young earth. It's difficult to understand, and no young earth model have accurately potrayed our observations. There's a reason for that, and no, that reason isn't because it is wrong. The Bible says that sight is not enough. Our observations are in fact limited, and that is why the earth seems to appear different from the account of Genesis. Though not completely different. Its going to take research by Christians to portray an accurate Genesis account, that will explain everything about what we see on the earth today. Robertson has abandoned that outlook, and has begun trusting in scientists observation. It's impossible to come to a conclusion about everything that happened in the past, based on our current day observations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 11:16 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,517,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post

I don't know Pat personally, I'm also Christian, but he is wrong about his view concerning the young earth. It's difficult to understand, and no young earth model have accurately potrayed our observations. There's a reason for that, and no, that reason isn't because it is wrong. The Bible says that sight is not enough. Our observations are in fact limited, and that is why the earth seems to appear different from the account of Genesis. Though not completely different. Its going to take research by Christians to portray an accurate Genesis account, that will explain everything about what we see on the earth today. Robertson has abandoned that outlook, and has begun trusting in scientists observation. It's impossible to come to a conclusion about everything that happened in the past, based on our current day observations.
You are just wrong. The age of the earth IS NOT

1. A matter of opinion
2. Subject to your religious views.

Either produce scientific, peer-reviewed data that supports your young earth or just shut up about it and admit that you have NOTHING to support your laughable claims.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
You are just wrong. The age of the earth IS NOT

1. A matter of opinion
2. Subject to your religious views.

Either produce scientific, peer-reviewed data that supports your young earth or just shut up about it and admit that you have NOTHING to support your laughable claims.
Yet think about this, do scientists know the absolute age of the earth? Do they know exactly what happened in the past? No, they are working with what is left over from the past. I believe what we see, points toward what the Bible has presented, concerning the universe and the earth. In order to display this, my evidence must explain everything we see in great detail, vs sciences "most likely happened" theories. That takes time.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:24 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
i dont think any of us have a clue how we got here nothing but a bunch of kittens in a box.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Yet think about this, do scientists know the absolute age of the earth? Do they know exactly what happened in the past? No, they are working with what is left over from the past. I believe what we see, points toward what the Bible has presented, concerning the universe and the earth. In order to display this, my evidence must explain everything we see in great detail, vs sciences "most likely happened" theories. That takes time.
Yes, they do. The Earth is 4.54 BILLION years old.

What you BELIEVE is irrelevant.

What I notice missing in your message is any peer-reviewed scientific data that supports a young earth.

Do you know why? There isn't any. NONE. Got it?

The age of the earth is not in dispute. Got it?

Only the irrational, religiously impaired or incredibly stupid cannot see that the earth is 4.54 billion years old.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:52 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,468 times
Quote:
Only the irrational, religiously impaired or incredibly stupid cannot see that the earth is 4.54 billion years old.
Worth repeating.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Yes, they do. The Earth is 4.54 BILLION years old.

What you BELIEVE is irrelevant.

What I notice missing in your message is any peer-reviewed scientific data that supports a young earth.

Do you know why? There isn't any. NONE. Got it?

The age of the earth is not in dispute. Got it?

They say the earth is about 4 billion years old due to the rock they date. Which is based on certain rates of decay. Yet no one knows for absolute certain, there's no way to test for a certain date. According to how the earth came to be, there's no telling how long it took for the planet to form, and the latest dated rock is the age we give the earth.

Just like we do with the age of the earth, we do with a lot of our observations concerning the past. What if something very key is missing from our observations? Something that would change our whole outlook? It is highly probable we are missing key pieces to this puzzle, that we don't even know about. All we do is piece together the things we can see or detect. An account from God or a god would be stupid to us, even if it is absolutely true. Because that account talks about those things that are no longer detectable.

You ask me about peer reviewed evidence. That is going to take some time to develop, but I believe within the next 4 years, there will be experimented evidence pointing toward the truthfulness of the Genesis account.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Just like we do with the age of the earth, we do with a lot of our observations concerning the past. What if something very key is missing from our observations? Something that would change our whole outlook? It is highly probable we are missing key pieces to this puzzle, that we don't even know about. All we do is piece together the things we can see or detect. An account from God or a god would be stupid to us, even if it is absolutely true. Because that account talks about those things that are no longer detectable.

You ask me about peer reviewed evidence. That is going to take some time to develop, but I believe within the next 4 years, there will be experimented evidence pointing toward the truthfulness of the Genesis account.
HOWL! You BELIEVE doesn't cut it. Typical, pushing something into the future. Kinda sounds like a FAILED RAPTURE PREDICTION, doesn't it? I mean, you have had 2,000 years to produce this evidence, haven't you? What are you waiting on? Produce even ONE peer-reviewed scientific study that points to the conclusion of a young earth. Just ONE will do.

There is no evidence that points to the conclusion of a young earth, not a single scrap. My statement corresponds perfectly with your total inability to produce any.

You remain clueless.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
HOWL! You BELIEVE doesn't cut it. Typical, pushing something into the future. Kinda sounds like a FAILED RAPTURE PREDICTION, doesn't it? I mean, you have had 2,000 years to produce this evidence, haven't you? What are you waiting on? Produce even ONE peer-reviewed scientific study that points to the conclusion of a young earth. Just ONE will do.

There is no evidence that points to the conclusion of a young earth, not a single scrap. My statement corresponds perfectly with your total inability to produce any.

You remain clueless.
Well I'm pretty sure I didn't have 2,000 years to produce evidence for a young earth. All kidding aside, it's only in today's world (with knowledge in science increasing) where evidence for a young earth could be produced. For instance, people for the longest said the universe was eternal, whereas the Bible said it had a beginning. It wasn't until the early 20 century did we find out it did have a beginning. (And will have an end as well) So it's with the advancement of science, can we finally produce the evidence of the Genesis account. Genesis isn't that bedtime story image you get. It's much more complicated than that, and more real.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:57 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,468 times
Quote:
So it's with the advancement of science, can we finally produce the evidence of the Genesis account. Genesis isn't that bedtime story image you get. It's much more complicated than that, and more real.
Keep your head buried in the sand if you like. You are arguing against indisputable facts. Facts cannot be argued away, they simply are.

Here, read this, perhaps you'll learn something: Radiometric Dating

Not that I'm holding my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality