Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 10:41 AM

33,621 posts, read 37,264,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Then stop using your common critic against me for not being flexible and changing my mind, ( which is a false accusation anyway; when I came to this site I didnot believe in evolution, now I do- I didnot believe churchs should be taxed, now I do- I believed Noahs flood was worldwide, I now believe it was an isolated flood, I didnot believe in primordal man, now I do- thats just four changes and there has been more, you can't even list one change you have made- yet you dare use change as an imputus to claim I cannot change)), It is really you who has not changed.

And your arguement that I cannot change is transparent and I see through it;

Yet you cannot see through yourself! That is another blindspot to how to prove something, one must first learn to get pass their self prejudices.
One who has evidence that one is correct has no need to change their mind...All you have done is modify some of your beliefs, but they are still a long way from being correct....

Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,642,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
And billions believe, currently. Just look at any global stats. Here's one I just found by random.
World: Religiosity (II) – Belief in God « small-m
Yes, and alien spacecrafts are real as real can be, just look at the length of belief. They offered their lives.........must be real!
Heaven's Gate (religious group) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Oh and this.........real as ever......http://www.scientology.org/?utm_sour...FcZxQgodvgIAOg

Let's not forget Locky..........http://www.pantaneto.co.uk/issue9/pitt.htm

Belief sure proves something although I'm not sure it's that what you believe in is real...

Old 09-13-2012, 11:01 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,642,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
You first try to say the minority now you realize it's the majority and call it brainwashing from the crib. You just have no idea do you. Some people are in their 30's, 40's 50's etc when they come to believe. Hardly from the crib.
But, believe in what? Christianity encompasses a huge variation of belief, which one is the true one? Any ideas? Have you been "spoken" to like the others?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:44 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,604,696 times
You prove God to yourself by understanding his adversary; if you do not think God is real, how can you hope to understand evil?

Old 09-13-2012, 04:26 PM

People differ both biologically and psychologically; the way they act ( their behavior), and feel ( their effect), such differences are called individual differences. One reason why belief in God is so common is because it changes behavior and effect; that is, some really act differently and think differently and even feel differently when they have experienced real belief in God; this is actual proof of God, but it is what I call " Closet proof "- meaning it has to grow and mature before it is fully exposed to the demanding critics of God.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
People differ both biologically and psychologically; the way they act ( their behavior), and feel ( their effect), such differences are called individual differences. One reason why belief in God is so common is because it changes behavior and effect; that is, some really act differently and think differently and even feel differently when they have experienced real belief in God; this is actual proof of God, but it is what I call " Closet proof "- meaning it has to grow and mature before it is fully exposed to the demanding critics of God.
Yes, we see the effects of god belief in Egypt and Libya today....God belief is one of the most vicious destructive forces on earth, and this is evident and cannot be denied.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, we see the effects of god belief in Egypt and Libya today....God belief is one of the most vicious destructive forces on earth, and this is evident and cannot be denied.
Interesting; if you stood in the streets of Egypt or Libya and tried to teach this, you would most likely be killed; even more interesting; the latest unrest in Egypt was caused by an American who made a vedio that basically compares to how you feel about gods, and those people would kill him if they could get their hands on him.

Sans; this is far more serious than you know.

Enjoy the freedom of America, there are places in this world that wouldnot tolerate your views or mine.

We'd be dead in days!

Old 09-13-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Interesting; if you stood in the streets of Egypt or Libya and tried to teach this, you would most likely be killed; even more interesting; the latest unrest in Egypt was caused by an American who made a vedio that basically compares to how you feel about gods, and those people would kill him if they could get their hands on him.

Sans; this is far more serious than you know.

Enjoy the freedom of America, there are places in this world that wouldnot tolerate your views or mine.

We'd be dead in days!
Yes, and religion is the cause.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, and religion is the cause.

On NO, NO- human nature that you think created itself or grew itself out from under ancient rocks- it created this. Its the human that thinks ands kills, not the religion.

The same human mind that drank the wiskey- it got the DUI, not the vechicle itself!

Old 09-13-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
On NO, NO- human nature that you think created itself or grew itself out from under ancient rocks- it created this. Its the human that thinks ands kills, not the religion.

The same human mind that drank the wiskey- it got the DUI, not the vechicle itself!
It is the fault of humans for inventing religion in the first place...It is drinking the cool aid (religion) that causes men to think these thoughts and take these violent actions..Without religion none of this would be occurring....This is undeniable... Learn your history...It has been ongoing for thousands of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality