Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 01:34 AM

434 posts, read 342,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
You can think he is "poweful" all you want. You just said yourself the god you believe in "Cant" talk to me. Doesnt sound that powerful to me if he can not even do something a 2 year old human child can do.

Again however all you are selling here is a "You will believe it if you believe it" mentality. You are trying to cop out of substantiating your claims by telling people they are expected to accept them by default in a move you label "faith".

You simply are not backing up the idea there is a god in anyway. Not just in too few ways or in insufficient ways.... but NO way at all. You simply declare there is one then retreat into empty rhetoric and argumentum ad populum fallacy when pressed on it.
Well spoken. Hear him, hear him.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:46 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,781,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't need anyone to prove God's existence. I know he's real. I think about my life. God is real. He may not seem real to others, but he's real to me. I don't need anyone to prove that to me. It is about faith.
In that case we have no quarrel. I find such reasoning inadequate and will say so. If it is enough for you, that's fine -for you.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,596,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Okay, let's start with the first part of your statement and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I just wanna see how much of an open mind you do have.

First you say you don't know your god but then you say you know a few things about him and that was mostly learned from your sacred book along with archaeology, history, common sense, science, experience, conscious reality and observation. How do you observe your god?quote:

I observe God through the inspired works written in the bible
Through my own life experiences, and the experiences of others
I observe him through conscious thought
Through human behavior
Through animal behavior and nature ( because one can learn and know an artist by examining his works)
I observe God through an examination of history and world events, and the progression of knowledge
Through a keen insight on evil I observe God and learn some of his thinking

quote;
Conscious reality.... just what exactly is that and I ask only because conscious reality and god don't seem to make sense. What is your experience with your god since you say you don't know him, I'm just curious as to how you can have experience with something you don't know.quote:

I experience people everyday and don't really know them, so it is with God. I experience people here at Citydata on this board and don't really know them, so it can be with God. Conscious reality IS God! God IS consciousness! And the more one understands that, the closer they inch in knowing him.

Quote;
From what I understand science would disprove your god, now correct me if I'm wrong. Common sense.Hmmmm, that makes no sense to me but maybe it does to you, so maybe you could explain that. Now history, that's kind of interesting since history is written by man and history can be manipulated by whoever the winners are in history, so I put little or no faith in what history has to say, it's like everything,there is always two sides to every story and in history you only hear one side. I don't believe archaeology has ever proved that there is a god of any kind, there may be discoveries of other cultures that worshiped different kinds of god's but that doesn't prove the existence of a god. Now as far as your sacred book goes, yours isn't the only sacred book out there, there are quite a few different sacred books it all depends on what culture you were raised in as to which one you believe in, so which one is right and which one isn't and who determines that.

Like I said, no disrespect intended just a few questions to try to understand certain lines of thinking.
Oh no, science is an acurate proof of God, although they are inaccurate in some areas; Biology, Math, Physchology and astrology are proofs of God, and all these dynamics were born from Gods incredible mind. God is the original scientist, I think he does experiment and search for how to improve on his creations, evolution is ample proof of that.

Archaeology and history are stunning proofs of God, your just not conscious of that; we can only be conscious of those things we are conscious of; I refer you to my threads in archive on archaeology.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:27 PM

707 posts, read 688,608 times
Quote:
You can think he is "poweful" all you want. You just said yourself the god you believe in "Cant" talk to me. Doesnt sound that powerful to me if he can not even do something a 2 year old human child can do.

Again however all you are selling here is a "You will believe it if you believe it" mentality. You are trying to cop out of substantiating your claims by telling people they are expected to accept them by default in a move you label "faith".

You simply are not backing up the idea there is a god in anyway. Not just in too few ways or in insufficient ways.... but NO way at all. You simply declare there is one then retreat into empty rhetoric and argumentum ad populum fallacy when pressed on it.
By applying human rules I guess you can say anything. So what would a Being who created the universe...somewhat limited. I'm sure you call Him non-existant.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:00 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,938,032 times
- I'm more interested in:

Presenting Myself Approved To God. - 2 Tim.2:15

Old 09-07-2012, 02:12 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,670,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Oh no, science is an acurate proof of God, although they are inaccurate in some areas; Biology, Math, Physchology and astrology are proofs of God, and all these dynamics were born from Gods incredible mind. God is the original scientist, I think he does experiment and search for how to improve on his creations, evolution is ample proof of that.

Archaeology and history are stunning proofs of God, your just not conscious of that; we can only be conscious of those things we are conscious of; I refer you to my threads in archive on archaeology.
You know I've got to say that you have an interesting concept here in your belief and I'm not going to be judgmental, that's not my belief nor my purpose for asking the questions but I do find it interesting that you and Mystic may have a lot more in common in your line of thinking. Now I appreciate you answering my questions in a civilized way and I found the conversation very interesting and a little educational and even though I am not a believer as you are. I am a believer of a different kind, I am a believer of the ancient ways of my people, the ancient customs and rituals of which I was taught at a very early age from my great grandmother and grandfather and father. I thank you for your responses and it was refreshing to have a civilize conversation. wa do,osay

Old 09-08-2012, 02:36 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,383,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
By applying human rules I guess you can say anything. So what would a Being who created the universe...somewhat limited. I'm sure you call Him non-existant.
How can you be so sure I say something I never said? Keep your words out of my mouth thanks.

All I say is that you have not substantiated the claim there is a god in ANY way. That is not the same as saying it does not exist. It IS saying that you have not offered a single reason to think it does.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:35 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,596,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know I've got to say that you have an interesting concept here in your belief and I'm not going to be judgmental, that's not my belief nor my purpose for asking the questions but I do find it interesting that you and Mystic may have a lot more in common in your line of thinking. Now I appreciate you answering my questions in a civilized way and I found the conversation very interesting and a little educational and even though I am not a believer as you are. I am a believer of a different kind, I am a believer of the ancient ways of my people, the ancient customs and rituals of which I was taught at a very early age from my great grandmother and grandfather and father. I thank you for your responses and it was refreshing to have a civilize conversation. wa do,osay

Well thank you, it is refreshing to hold a conversation that is reasonable and not contaminated with rigid inane inuendo, but simply an exchange of differing views.

Peace.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
How can you be so sure I say something I never said? Keep your words out of my mouth thanks.

All I say is that you have not substantiated the claim there is a god in ANY way. That is not the same as saying it does not exist. It IS saying that you have not offered a single reason to think it does.
If we both had a swimming pool in our backyard you remind of someone asking me how to swim in it and when I describe how I swim you stand there telling me all the reasons it wont work instead of just trying. I can only conclude that you are afraid of the water.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
How do you know it was God and not yourself? I believe that it has been pointed out that others have similar convictions but put it down to other entities. Faith aside, what's your reasoning?
It started by me accepting that there is an order to things and that there is a force of nature. It is the instinct within animals. And to me I accepted that maybe this was the God people were talking about. It was in that moment that my belief in God happened. There are many accounts in the bible, and other scriptures, where God reveals Himself to people. If it wasn't God it sure seemed like it to me and the effects were all real anyway. It is a life changing experience. Believe me a person's life is never the same after that. In how you live and look at life and the world around you. That is why it doesn't matter to me to convert anyone but only to share my experience with those willing to listen and those who can relate. If I was the only person in this world who believed I would still be content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality