Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 09:11 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,329,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I am a counselor myself, I counsel prisoners in the Michigan system. I will be 57 next month, and I admit I am not the average thinker, and can be easily thought of as delusional; I understand that; yet I don't understand why you keep reading what a delusional person has to say; I certainly am not interested in those I view as delusional, so we certainly are different there.

My perception is right on pace with my growing consciousness of the true things of God, and I have no compliants as to how God is bringing that along, none that I choose to share at least.

And trust me, a whole lot of people all over this internet seem very intrested in my delusions.
I keep reading so I can analyze you. This is going to make a great thesis. I love delusional people, they allow us to examine the fringes of society at it's most extreme.

So you do admit they are delusions. That is the first step.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 AM

33,573 posts, read 37,188,083 times
Quote:
I was once one myself, but I refuse to leave one extreme, only to be encased into another; thats walking sideways.
You think your beliefs are not extreme? I find you to be the most extreme close minded god believer I have ever stumbled across, in fact a new word needs to be coined for you...Intransigent doesn't quite cut it.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,596,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
I keep reading so I can analyze you. This is going to make a great thesis. I love delusional people, they allow us to examine the fringes of society at it's most extreme.

So you do admit they are delusions. That is the first step.

Your reading because your interested, not admitting that may be one of your delusions, and I say that in respect of you using the term to describe what may be occuring with me.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Your reading because your interested, not admitting that may be one of your delusions, and I say that in respect of you using the term to describe what may be occuring with me.
How could I not be interested in this? I don't get to talk to people like you everyday.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
How could I not be interested in this? I don't get to talk to people like you everyday.

Well thank you, I do my best, but its not really about me, its about the real truth of God and getting it out there in the midst of this other mess that spreads.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:15 PM

You can prove God to yourself by your " Strain"< look into your ancestry or descent and see if your family stock took an intrest in God.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
You can prove God to yourself by your " Strain"< look into your ancestry or descent and see if your family stock took an intrest in God.
If you go back far enough you will find that your family more than likely believe in other gods. They probably believed in the Egyptian gods or the Greek gods, they could have even worshiped the Mayan gods.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
If you go back far enough you will find that your family more than likely believe in other gods. They probably believed in the Egyptian gods or the Greek gods, they could have even worshiped the Mayan gods.

Well yes, that wouldnot be uncommon. But you will certainly find much belief.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Well yes, that wouldnot be uncommon. But you will certainly find much belief.
So why is the belief in your god true and not your ancestors beliefs?

Old 07-10-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
So why is the belief in your god true and not your ancestors beliefs?

Some of our ancestors have some truth, but even much of that has since been distorted. From the time God originally dispensed the truth, it has since been consistantly watered down; filtered through men and their traditions and added to and taken from, here a little and there a lot. When Jesus came he clarified much of it, but not in a manner that all could comprehend it, which I believe he did purposely.So down through the ages up till now, much of what we have has been totally misinterpited and encased in deception. The ONLY way now to even begin to comprehend Gods real truth, is that he permits it through the filter of his own Spirit, outside of that, we simply can have no clue to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality